Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Biden-Harris Campaign Thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No Biden in sight in Tejas
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Would Texas going purplish hurt California more?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you run the numbers on property taxes and heating and cooling and insurance for major weather issues, the COL in Texas isn't much lower than Cali. You can get more house for less initially but you are in Texas, not California

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

If you run the numbers on property taxes and heating and cooling and insurance for major weather issues, the COL in Texas isn't much lower than Cali. You can get more house for less initially but you are in Texas, not California

That's the conversation my uncle and I have had. He's always trying to talk me into coming down there with promises of $300,000 mcmansions and pools and shit. But the property taxes are truly ridiculous.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club

That's the conversation my uncle and I have had. He's always trying to talk me into coming down there with promises of $300,000 mcmansions and pools and shit. But the property taxes are truly ridiculous.
    Please tell all your friends

My home value, on paper/comps, has gone up 87% since I bought in 2014. Supposedly mid 500s.

Texas ain’t cheap anymore, at least desirable metro areas aren’t.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Would Texas going purplish hurt California more?

In a completive state business environment, some states will make themselves available. Cali is beyond help or fixing. If not Texas, then Utah or North Carolina or any other states that don't see business as a golden goose to be gutted.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

My greatest prediction ever

• Options
    Standard Supporter

On the other hand, far less cost for permitting and cost of construction. If you live in Carmel, don't need much in the way of air conditioning or heat. If you live off the coast then your A/C cost will be through the roof compared to Texas. Also no income tax. Cost of unleaded gas in Cali is $3.18 per gallon. Texas is listed at $1.83 per gallon.
  • Options
    Founders Club

On the other hand, far less cost for permitting and cost of construction. If you live in Carmel, don't need much in the way of air conditioning or heat. If you live off the coast then your A/C cost will be through the roof compared to Texas. Also no income tax. Cost of unleaded gas in Cali is $3.18 per gallon. Texas is listed at $1.83 per gallon.
    Wrong, it’s best for you all to stay in California
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The ultimate irony - flee high cost strewn with homeless Cali for a red state and then vote hard blue.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    THIS. Fucking this.

Send El Guapo a Chinvite, Stat.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

THIS. Fucking this.

Send El Guapo a Chinvite, Stat.
    He’s an old-tim HHB
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Dems are pushing and cheating hard in Texas...Harris county already has more “votes” than all of 2016 or something nuts like that. My hope is that they are just trying to steal a Congressional district or two and not the entire state.

Texas is actually very progressive on taxes...property taxes are nuts here. Folks over 65 get a discount which is why the retired folks here don’t always appreciate how much they are.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like many places in California, but it's pathetic whore emigrants have ruined Boise, Bend, and every other once nice getaway spot in the PNW.

Fuck California emigrants. Fix your fucking state & stop running away like little bitches, dragging your shitty politics with you wherever you escape to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought that about AC but even in the IE we only use it 3 months a year. Most of the year is neither heat or cooling

California was saved by Prop 13 in the 80s. Otherwise the property taxes would be like the state income tax and that would be a problem
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Please tell all your friends

My home value, on paper/comps, has gone up 87% since I bought in 2014. Supposedly mid 500s.

Texas ain’t cheap anymore, at least desirable metro areas aren’t.
    I'm sure. But it's all relative. Do we want to do a relative home price comparison between greater Seattle and greater Dallas/FW? Tell me who wins/loses in that one and I'll just believe you because I honestly don't actually know anything about Texas home prices other than what a few people tell me. Never had occassion to look into it as I would if I were actually considering moving there.