Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Charlie Strong to Texas

Solid hire ...

Until Bill Muschump gets fired at Florida.

Comments

• Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    did UT Associate AD Reed strong confirm this?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Sports Boner has confirmed ... and Kim has re-tweeted ... it's legit.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Sportboner has nothing on his feed about this. I'm skeptical.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    And some fucktards here thought Briles and Mora actually "turned down" Texas earlier today.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good coach, solid hire
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

Solid hire ...

WTF top topdoog? A black head coach @ Texas? Especially being #14 on the list. Al Sharpton will be elated, until he gets fired in two years for not winning a natty. Crank out the white pointy hoods. I hope he does well, but tough crowd down there,.

Half the administration down there has white pointy hoods in the corner of their closets. I smell trouble down the line if Strong goes less than 11-2 every year. And 32-15 at Louisville? Ain't gonna cut it at Texas.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

Solid hire ...

WTF top topdoog? A black head coach @ Texas? Especially being #14 on the list. Al Sharpton will be elated, until he gets fired in two years for not winning a natty. Crank out the white pointy hoods. I hope he does well, but tough crowd down there,.

Half the administration down there has white pointy hoods in the corner of their closets. I smell trouble down the line if Strong goes less than 11-2 every year. And 32-15 at Louisville? Ain't gonna cut it at Texas.
    Vince Young laughs at your post.

Besides, Charlie Strong is probably one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA.

He'll win big in Texas.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

Solid hire ...

You really got texas dialed in PL_SSFS

He's a solid hire, but with so many unknowns in Austin let alone the Big 12, its a huge LIPO. Curious if they'll do anything flashy with the staff, its been gutted by Brown a couple times over the last few years.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Strong is a top 5 head coach? Not according to Texas you ignorant slut 12.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    this is exactly what Kim was saying all along
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Not sure if that's a question or where your authoritative poll comes from.

Not officially opening the search until mid dec and not closing until january are huge blunders in my opinion, insurmountable by most programs. Most hot coaches have either been picked up or gotten extensions. Strong is someone I'd thought was worth consideration in sept when the brown departure was all but assumed. Texas needs a disciplined defensive coach in contrast to the cancer that mack has let run rampant over the last 4 years, they need someone to purge the uncommitted and start over. A successful former SEC DC is a good start.

But don't let me get in the way of your valuable insights into Texas as a whole and Austin specifically, YHGIDI (copyright McDawg)