Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Gaskin, Azeem Victor back Pac-12 Unity Movement: ‘Change has to take place. It has to.’

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,305
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I agree. Dismantle it and create minor leagues. It's a waste of public resources. These guys can try to fulfill their pro football fantasy elsewhere.

Then cut the cost of an education for all those non-athlete students who go to college to actually get one.

Athletes have it made compared to the non-athlete student who has to work to pay for their own education.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree. Dismantle it and create minor leagues. It's a waste of public resources. These guys can try to fulfill their pro football fantasy elsewhere.

Then cut the cost of an education for all those non-athlete students who go to college to actually get one.

Athletes have it made compared to the non-athlete student who has to work to pay for their own education.
    Agree. It's time for some perspective. It the non athlete who should be making demands to get rid of the parasites.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I look forward to rugby and rowboat taking their rightful places back as the premier amateur athletics. @YellowSnow

Me and @whlinder single handed started college sports in 1852. You’re welcome. If the Pac 12 unity bros want to go back to row boat and rugby as the only game in town so be it. More free pub for me.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I look forward to rugby and rowboat taking their rightful places back as the premier amateur athletics. @YellowSnow

Me and @whlinder single handed started college sports in 1852. You’re welcome. If the Pac 12 unity bros want to go back to row boat and rugby as the only game in town so be it. More free pub for me.

@RaceBannon can confirm
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    Shut it down. Shut it all the fuck down. Lock out.

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yup, they want it their way like entitled brats. Not sure where else I've seen a person work their entire life to get an opportunity to work at a job and then immediately smack the hand and say it's a horrible place. "BAM, JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM THE UDUB.... TIME TO BE A SLAVE!!!' - said no tweet ever. I'm done with this. If the refund for my tickets comes up, I'm taking it and ghosting. This is hard to say, because UWFB has been in my life since the day I was born, but time to say fuck these kids. PS: Nice that seniors and pros are weighing in, after they've made it or set themselves up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m more than ready for this. College football is so far from the game I enjoyed for decades that I won’t miss it. This frog is getting out of the pot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

Yup, they want it their way like entitled brats. Not sure where else I've seen a person work their entire life to get an opportunity to work at a job and then immediately smack the hand and say it's a horrible place. "BAM, JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM THE UDUB.... TIME TO BE A SLAVE!!!' - said no tweet ever. I'm done with this. If the refund for my tickets comes up, I'm taking it and ghosting. This is hard to say, because UWFB has been in my life since the day I was born, but time to say fuck these kids. PS: Nice that seniors and pros are weighing in, after they've made it or set themselves up.
    I’m pretty sure the strategy is to delay the announcement that, at a minimum, no fans will be allowed. Delay it to the point they can tell people they will just roll 25% of the ticket price to next year. A TRUE fan would support this and the team in these difficult times. Oh..and the price of tickets for next year is going up 30% to make up for the lost 2020 revenue.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club

I’m more than ready for this. College football is so far from the game I enjoyed for decades that I won’t miss it. This frog is getting out of the pot.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The best education for the cost of a Netflix subscription.

Education for the benefit of man/woman/trans-kind.

Unlimited opportunity to take your ability to it’s limit.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    Donald Trump should tweet his support for the Pac-12 players...

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We have watched our* last college football game
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't think this thing has legs, honestly. Unless the NFL creates a minor league system, there is nowhere for players to go. They have no leverage. Next man up - f these guys.

Contrast this with baseball - there is a minor league, yet droves of stud players still want to play college ball. Why is that?

No legs.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think this thing has legs, honestly. Unless the NFL creates a minor league system, there is nowhere for players to go. They have no leverage. Next man up - f these guys.

Contrast this with baseball - there is a minor league, yet droves of stud players still want to play college ball. Why is that?

No legs.

Fake legs are still legs. HTH
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834

No legs.

Coeds dig the high hard one.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

No legs.

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam

Create the minor league system, screw it. CFB can be the old dumb whites, and blacks w/ parents that want their kids to get an education, that couldn't make the minor leagues, getting a college education, and then they'll find something new to complain about.