Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is the fix for this?

13»

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Sledog said:

Question for all of you; would you pay $70,000 for your child's online classes? I'm trying to advise my child whether delaying their college education makes more sense than paying a ridiculous amount of money for something which can be attained for far less. Can the university deny readmission if and when they decide to come back? I called the university and they refused to give me the answer and instead directed my child to make the call and ask the question which infuriated me even more. My vote in CA won't matter and I feel this is a small way in which I can make cowards pay for their illogical decisions to harm my family. What say you?

What’s her major?
    Marketing and she'll be a Junior. She is currently out of state finishing up a great internship which was going to lead to another at a major ad agency in NY next year. How much does the name of her university mean on the diploma as she competes for that first job out of college?
    Pics?
    Benny's crew has put 40 million out of work. They've eaten their boot straps. Those that worked and paid for those that didn't aren't working. Printing money doesn't work for long. Weimar Republic taught us that.

We aren't open soon it'll make the 30's look like boom years.
    I just here looking for pics of some college squish. Fuck off.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    edited July 2020

Question for all of you; would you pay $70,000 for your child's online classes? I'm trying to advise my child whether delaying their college education makes more sense than paying a ridiculous amount of money for something which can be attained for far less. Can the university deny readmission if and when they decide to come back? I called the university and they refused to give me the answer and instead directed my child to make the call and ask the question which infuriated me even more. My vote in CA won't matter and I feel this is a small way in which I can make cowards pay for their illogical decisions to harm my family. What say you?

Been there, am there.

My youngest is finishing up and the official word is that it will be a hybrid approach, which I assume means mostly on-line. I'd finish it and get it over with. That's what I'm doing. You know you're going to pay for it eventually ... unless you are concerned about short-term liquidity, I'd just have her wrap up.

I have a different take than one of the posts in this thread in terms of online vs. the real thing. Something like accounting is, in my view, more amenable to online instruction that the classic stuff. Classes like English, which are foundational for any educated kid, seem like a bad fit for online instruction.

As for readmission ... she could just take a leave from her college. They do that sort of thing all the time.

The other one who is in grad school ... she's going, but it's a program of 17 admits and it's funded. I tend to not say "no" to money when it's offered, and I never assume money offered today will be money offered tomorrow.

-32.9% GDP in one quarter and idiots are still are still thinking whoever wins in November matters at all. I just took another $50k out of Apple this morning to wait for new investments and we’ve? as a family canceled our tropical vacation next month. My oldest daughter’s senior vacation, gone.

But Drumpf is Hitler so defeating him means everything goes back to January. People do believe this.

Let’s call this what this is. An intentionally orchestrated path to government dependency that didn’t have to be voted in to office. Quite an amazing strategy for Chinese globalism. I admit, I didn’t see this coming. Impeachment now seems like a headfake. 32% couldn’t pay their rent or mortgage in July. Think about it.

August is really the best time to get out of the northwest and vacation in the tropics. Sorry for your loss.
    I just spent the last two weeks golfing and fucking around in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. July and August ... and September are basically the reasons I live up here.

The tropics are for November through March.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

I’ve posted this before but, both my girls are taking the year off as their school decided to go virtual for the first semester and I fully support their decision. My oldest has some classes that require hands on learning and would miss out on her required internship. My youngest would miss out on her study abroad year. They both took a leave of absence. My youngest even looked into a year long course, at a local conservatory, but it would screw up her current grants and scholarship eligibility. So, both will get interim jobs and save money.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter

-32.9% GDP in one quarter and idiots are still are still thinking whoever wins in November matters at all. I just took another $50k out of Apple this morning to wait for new investments and we’ve? as a family canceled our tropical vacation next month. My oldest daughter’s senior vacation, gone.

But Drumpf is Hitler so defeating him means everything goes back to January. People do believe this.

Let’s call this what this is. An intentionally orchestrated path to government dependency that didn’t have to be voted in to office. Quite an amazing strategy for Chinese globalism. I admit, I didn’t see this coming. Impeachment now seems like a headfake. 32% couldn’t pay their rent or mortgage in July. Think about it.

August is really the best time to get out of the northwest and vacation in the tropics. Sorry for your loss.
    I just spent the last two weeks golfing and fucking around in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. July and August ... and September are basically the reasons I live up here.

Where all did you play?

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,648 Founders Club

I wouldn't pay 70k for in person classes
    Intellectually I agree with you. My daughter worked her ass off for 12 years and did everything I asked. She was a perfect kid and I felt I owed her the opportunity to attend the college of what she thought was her dreams. I was the weak one.
    Weak is an understatement
    but not runt of the litter weak like you

Where all did you play?

Bandon Dunes in Oregon, GC at Black Rock and Coeur d’Alene Resort in Idaho ... starting here Aldarra and Tumble Creek.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,648 Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

I’ve posted this before but, both my girls are taking the year off as their school decided to go virtual for the first semester and I fully support their decision. My oldest has some classes that require hands on learning and would miss out on her required internship. My youngest would miss out on her study abroad year. They both took a leave of absence. My youngest even looked into a year long course, at a local conservatory, but it would screw up her current grants and scholarship eligibility. So, both will get interim jobs and save money.
    Looking at a leave of absence for the first semester now as well.