Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Support SPD against the Seattle City Council Marxists

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    Veto proof city council Svoted in by the
    Swaye said:

That is great and all, but there is zero chance defunding doesn't happen at this point. It's Seattle. Give the people what they want. No police. Pioneer Square will look great as a smoldering pile of rubble. If you are a sane person in Seattle, leave now.

This. The residents, illegal aliens and anyone else allowed to vote in that shit hole, put in place a veto proof city council that overwhelmingly supports this and every other Marxist cause. Popcorn in a bowl, ready to witness the destruction. Can’t happen soon enough.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

That is great and all, but there is zero chance defunding doesn't happen at this point. It's Seattle. Give the people what they want. No police. Pioneer Square will look great as a smoldering pile of rubble. If you are a sane person in Seattle, leave now.

I agree, but I feel compelled to do something, however meaningless.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Swaye said:

This. The residents, illegal aliens and anyone else allowed to vote in that shit hole, put in place a veto proof city council that overwhelmingly supports this and every other Marxist cause. Popcorn in a bowl, ready to witness the destruction. Can’t happen soon enough.
    Why? You've got business owners who have worked hard for years to build something and many of them will be destroyed. Fuck popcorn
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I agree, but I feel compelled to do something, however meaningless.
    Build a wall.

Around Seattle. Don't let those nutcases out.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Portland will soon follow. As an Oregonian I have no idea how Washington cities compare, but would a city like Olympia benefit from this?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    And yet single family detached is selling like hot cakes in Seattle. The people that elect these clowns aren't concerned about CHOP or Defund the Police.

Swaye said:

Why? You've got business owners who have worked hard for years to build something and many of them will be destroyed. Fuck popcorn
    Many of those businesses owners voted for the people on Council.

Rumor I'm gearing is that there is a legitimate effort being made to recall Sawant. Supposedly some "evidence" against her that's powerful, but I haven't seen the complaint, yet.
    Only 20% of the populace even voted, so I'm not sure how you can make that claim one way or another. Apathy is what got those clowns elected.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Rumor I'm gearing is that there is a legitimate effort being made to recall Sawant. Supposedly some "evidence" against her that's powerful, but I haven't seen the complaint, yet.
    Only 20% of the populace even voted, so I'm not sure how you can make that claim one way or another. Apathy is what got those clowns elected.
    I don't care
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter

And yet single family detached is selling like hot cakes in Seattle. The people that elect these clowns aren't concerned about CHOP or Defund the Police.

When they discover they are living in the Havana of the PNW it'll be too late. When will the executions start?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163
    edited July 2020

Swaye said:

I think the city election turnout was closer to 45%. Considering that over half the population of the city are renters, and renters are pretty transient and vote at much lower rates than homeowners, I think the people on Council are actually pretty representative of the long-term populace.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter

Portland will soon follow. As an Oregonian I have no idea how Washington cities compare, but would a city like Olympia benefit from this?

Olympia is as bad as Seattle. And has the Evergreen Freak and Queer Academy nearby.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163

Olympia is as bad as Seattle. And has the Evergreen Freak and Queer Academy nearby.
    Yeah, Olympia is a shithole. Cities that could benefit are Everett, Bellevue, Tacoma, Spokane. Places with actual work forces and bedroom communities around them. I think that will be short-lived, though, because the State Legislature is turning loony. Idaho and Texas will win the most.