Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

#myLancers
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,964
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

#myLancers

2019 Playoffs

Woodinville Falcons 55
    Nacho's Lancers 42
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Thanks Taft!

#myLancers

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought “I wonder if he’ll get a ‘Thanks Taft’ or a ‘My Lancers.’”

I should have known to never bet against abundance.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This really does suck. Instead of Huard coming in the winter/spring and having 8 months to prepare to take a job that so far looks to be wide open in fall 2021, he'll be joining the rest of the incoming freshmen with only 2-3 months of prep. And that'll be immediately following his own spring season, and god knows what kind of impact that compressed recovery timeline will have on him. It's probably much easier for a quarterback relative to other positions, but it's not insignificant.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

This really does suck. Instead of Huard coming in the winter/spring and having 8 months to prepare to take a job that so far looks to be wide open in fall 2021, he'll be joining the rest of the incoming freshmen with only 2-3 months of prep. And that'll be immediately following his own spring season, and god knows what kind of impact that compressed recovery timeline will have on him. It's probably much easier for a quarterback relative to other positions, but it's not insignificant.

He's been doing UW QB prep for 17 years, and is likely getting fed prep work by coaches/Damon, but I hear ya.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

Selfishly I agree but I never blame a kid for playing his senior year in high school in February
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,964
    Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

#myLancers

2019 Playoffs

Woodinville Falcons 55
    Nacho's Lancers 42
    We? just ran out of tim.
    At kickoff, you wanted me to text you updates. When it got to 31-7, you said, and I quote, "Thx - I'm good."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Makes it more likely he goes the Uncle Brock route - redshirt year then three years as starter before declaring early.

I don't think there's anyway he only plays two seasons at UW.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

#myLancers

2019 Playoffs

Woodinville Falcons 55
    Nacho's Lancers 42
    We? just ran out of tim.
    At kickoff, you wanted me to text you updates. When it got to 31-7, you said, and I quote, "Thx - I'm good."
    I'm trying to forget.