Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Illegals

SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,147 Standard Supporter
Destroying our nation! Deport them all! 12-14 million my ass! 22 mill minimum and as many as 40.

Trump is correct in excluding them from the census.

https://bongino.com/report-california-has-six-extra-representatives-because-illegals-are-counted-in-census/

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    So how does the administration actually filter out census responses from illegal aliens? I read the White House press release, and surprise, there doesn't seem to be any detail on how to achieve this.

Sounds like Trump is wheeling the ol virtue signal back onto the front lawn to secure the sought-after @Sledog vote.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,147 Standard Supporter
    I'd vote for a rock instead of Biden. It has more cognitive ability than Joe.

I see you like skewing representation. But you would. The ends justify the means, right comrade?
    Sledog said:

I see you like skewing representation. But you would. The ends justify the means, right comrade?

Huh? I'm just here asking for details on how Trump plans to achieve this awesome new initiative of his. That you're unable to answer doesn't come as a complete surprise to me.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Sledog said:

Destroying our nation! Deport them all! 12-14 million my ass! 22 mill minimum and as many as 40.

Trump is correct in excluding them from the census.

https://bongino.com/report-california-has-six-extra-representatives-because-illegals-are-counted-in-census/

You know how this will go though, right? There will be the EO, it will get challenged, a judge will deem it unconstitutional since I'm fairly certain the CFR just says "people" and not "citizens," the judge will be a secret never-Trumper political activist, it'll be appealed, etc etc.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    The language is ambiguous.

"The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting
    of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in
    such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

The "Law" could certainly entail counting citizens. It makes no sense under the due process clause to allow illegals to determine the makeup of the US Congress. But, then the Supreme Court often does not make sense. Like refusing Trump's reversal of barry's executive order because John Roberts can't read.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I mean the 3/5 compromise made it clear from the beginning you don't have to be a citizen to be counted. The question would be what, if anything, was done to specifically address that in the 13th, 14th or 15th amendments. I'm guessing it's unadressed.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    It did make it clear as to who got counted and for how much. In 1789, not a lot of illegals in the US. To me, it's ambiguous. You had to be a citizen to serve in Congress or be President. I would default to citizenship if that was the "Law".
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,147 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Huh? I'm just here asking for details on how Trump plans to achieve this awesome new initiative of his. That you're unable to answer doesn't come as a complete surprise to me.
    Gosh since their aren't any that I know of might be why. Trump hasn't called this week.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Gosh since their aren't any that I know of might be why. Trump hasn't called this week.
    Bingo
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    It seems logical that a census that is used for representation would be of citizens which is why I agree that numerous Federal Courts would find that it isn't

Let's just count it at 7 billion and open the gates
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    No human is illegal