Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biden: Highways are racist.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
"Impacts of climate change are not evenly distributed in our society” – and that the inequity is by design, because "highways are being built to enforce racial segregation"

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/blog/craig-bannister/biden-highways-have-been-built-enforce-racial-segregation-using-federal

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    Ample amounts of cheap land are located along highways. That's what you want when you're trying to house a lot of poor people inexpensively so you don't get a huge homeless population.

I guess Joe would rather have people living in parks and greenbelts than be housed.

Alternatively, Joe just might be a senile idiot talking out of his ass.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020

Ample amounts of cheap land are located along highways. That's what you want when you're trying to house a lot of poor people inexpensively so you don't get a huge homeless population.

I guess Joe would rather have people living in parks and greenbelts than be housed.

Alternatively, Joe just might be a senile idiot talking out of his ass.

The first bolded statement - housing the homeless is what the overpasses, on and off ramp areas are for - homeless housing.

The second bolded statement - that is where the homeless ARE living in lieu of the freeway areas.

EDIT: Joe is an idiot
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,224 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lot of gods of gaps logic being used.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    Freeways did tend to get built where poor people were because the land was cheap and rich people have lawyers and shit. Not sure where the racism comes in

They tried to put a spur from the 520 to Madison and got shut down. The 90 was built through the CD. And yet today that area is more valuable than ever
    They also carved freeways right through predominantly white working class and middle glass neighborhoods, such as I5 from the Ship Canal to Northgate.

Where is Biden to call out that obvious anti-white racism?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club

They also carved freeways right through predominantly white working class and middle glass neighborhoods, such as I5 from the Ship Canal to Northgate.

Exactly. Seattle has always had more poor whites than Blacks.

Exactly. Seattle has always had more poor whites than Blacks.
    Like Mt. Baker, Wallingford ain't Po No Mo.