Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Selma

alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
I watched this movie over the weekend since John Lewis died. He was a great American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selma_(film)

If you watch this, or have watched this just remember that George Wallace and Lyndon Johnson were democrats.

I also find it interesting they make reference to Johnson's war on poverty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_poverty#:~:text=The War on Poverty is,rate of around nineteen percent.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,590 Standard Supporter
    Kind of ironic that the Selma casting for American heroes like MLK and John Lewis didn't see fit to use African AMERICAN actors but instead used black Canadians and English for the leads.

John Lewis WAS a great American and then he switched teams.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Kind of ironic that the Selma casting for American heroes like MLK and John Lewis didn't see fit to use African AMERICAN actors but instead used black Canadians and English for the leads.

John Lewis WAS a great American and then he switched teams.

Yes he was. Then became a petty asshole who did next to nothing for 30 years as his district rotted.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, those Democrats beat the snot out of John Lewis in Selma.

Then he became a Democrat party prop. Toby acquiesced. Beatings work?
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,844 Standard Supporter
    The man fought for civil rights. After that he was nothing but a race baiting, dishonest, divide America politician. His ego was legendary here in Atlanta. He thought he was royalty.

And yes, it was democrats who were beating, hanging and using dogs on Americans with black skin. In response, the rats supported a racist LBJ and continued to elect segregationists like al gores father.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I don't think the "democrats are still the party of the KKK" stuff is at all accurate. There are definitely more @KkkliffKkklingsbury's voting red than blue at this point.

But I do think in an America where everyone from Planned Parenthood to the Southern Baptist Convention to the Sierra Club is answering for their racist history that the silence from and about the @DNC is fucking deafening. We're not just talking one or two racist founders, we're talking easily the worst track record of racial hatred, intimidation, violence and rhetoric of any semi respectable organization in the land.

I saw a seemingly good video about the suffering blacks endured during reconstruction that was spot on except it talked about how the black vote was suppressed by "the white supremacist party". They refused to say the democratic party. Destroyed the credibility of the whole piece.

If there's going to be a racial reckoning in this nation the democratic party should be first in fucking line.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,147 Standard Supporter

The man fought for civil rights. After that he was nothing but a race baiting, dishonest, divide America politician. His ego was legendary here in Atlanta. He thought he was royalty.

And yes, it was democrats who were beating, hanging and using dogs on Americans with black skin. In response, the rats supported a racist LBJ and continued to elect segregationists like al gores father.

But they got paid!