Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bringing jobs back to america

WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
Let me caveat by saying i dont know shit about any of this...

What are the big hurdles to bringing outsourced jobs and manufacturing back to america? Is the main issue that companies just want the biggest margins possible? Is this just a labor cost issue? TIA

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    In THIS pandemic?

At this point the concern ix bringing back the 40 million American jobs that have been lost by Americans

Also I don't know. Let the smart kids answer
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

Let me caveat by saying i dont know shit about any of this...

What are the big hurdles to bringing outsourced jobs and manufacturing back to america? Is the main issue that companies just want the biggest margins possible? Is this just a labor cost issue? TIA

Americans cost more (higher salaries, employers pay for health insurance in US, etc.).

Also, China subsidizes some businesses, meaning that they can sell products at unbeatable prices.

US needs to create incentives for businesses to do stuff in America.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

I think the answer lies in the question of "why did those companies outsource in the first place?"

My semi-educated answer is cheaper labor and less government regulations.

That's it. No one really wants their kids sewing up Nike's. They would rather have them selling them. Now outsourcing all of our antibiotic production to China and India is beyond stupid.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

I think the answer lies in the question of "why did those companies outsource in the first place?"

That's it. No one really wants their kids sewing up Nike's. They would rather have them selling them. Now outsourcing all of our antibiotic production to China and India is beyond stupid.
    What if paying people real wages to sew up Nikes is what its going to take? Is that going to actually destroy a company like Nike or just the stock?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I've had experience with this. The two biggest drivers are labor cost and taxes. Some countries will have free trade areas that allow more favorable and flexible application of tax laws. Also in general corporate taxes are lower.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

Fewer
    https://foxnews.com/media/tammy-bruce-pelosi-dems-covid-trump

In an interview on "Fox & Friends," Bruce said that while coronavirus restrictions were once a "genuine issue" in the beginning, what is "occurring" now is entirely politically motivated on behalf of liberals.

They want to keep this framework going of panic and chaos. I think in part because they think it might hurt the president," she said. "They are wrong. Americans are not infants. We know what is going on, and we are going to defend our lives. The president, I think, is within that framework. He understands that, but this is not going to bode well for the Democrats in November."

"Fox & Friends" host Ainsley Earhardt pointed out that Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called COVID-19 the "Trump Virus."

"That tells you everything you need to know.," Bruce laughed. "We can't deal with the serious problems if the Democrats are not even willing to face reality. And, that is the case in many dynamics."
    I guess I keep coming back to the question of are the taxes and labor costs prohibitive enough to truly cripple these businesses if the flip side is more Americans have decent jobs and wages? Is there truly no wiggle room or middle ground? I know business is about the bottom line but it seems like the bottom line is hurting the interior of the country. Bot mentioned the Hub effect, which is also contributing to that.

I guess I keep coming back to the question of are the taxes and labor costs prohibitive enough to truly cripple these businesses if the flip side is more Americans have decent jobs and wages? Is there truly no wiggle room or middle ground? I know business is about the bottom line but it seems like the bottom line is hurting the interior of the country. Bot mentioned the Hub effect, which is also contributing to that.

There was wiggle room and middle ground

Its pissing in the wind now. Its like recruiting for a season that won't happen

There was a guy that wanted to put Americans first, fight for fair trade, and bring jobs home. He got impeached like a DOG
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

I would prefer that we moved more towards having less shit but it being better quality.

It's mostly how I roll now

There was a guy that wanted to put Americans first, fight for fair trade, and bring jobs home. He got impeached like a DOG
    Last time I checked he was still in office with a senate majority and lined up for another big win against slo joe so whats the hold up?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I would prefer that we moved more towards having less shit but it being better quality.

Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Me too but we probably have real jobs and real money, how can we get the majority of americans back there?

Last time I checked he was still in office with a senate majority and lined up for another big win against slo joe so whats the hold up?
    Seriously? What's the hold up?

I have no idea. Let me check the news

Trump was implementing his programs with out congress who you really need. The numbers were good for America.

What's the hold up? No clue dude. Maybe the shut down of the economy since March. Not sure
    edited July 2020

Trump was implementing his programs with out congress who you really need. The numbers were good for America.

What's the hold up? No clue dude. Maybe the shut down of the economy since March. Not sure
    Im hearing he’ll have 4 more years. I do think one long term positive of the shutdown is that it may at least decentralize some industry and move some labor around to fight the hub effect. Thats about it.

Im hearing he’ll have 4 more years.
    Polls favor Biden bigly. More than Hillary and well past margins of error even in swing states.

We could use 4 more years to get this back on track but we need to save the economy now. Politics aside food riots make this Antifa shit look like grade school recess

Im hearing he’ll have 4 more years.
    Polls favor Biden bigly. More than Hillary and well past margins of error even in swing states.

We could use 4 more years to get this back on track but we need to save the economy now. Politics aside food riots make this Antifa shit look like grade school recess
    Odds are either one of these guys are going to kick it in the next 4 years anyway