Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    "Fanless, the game can go on, the game can be televised, but no fans," Cuomo said during a conference call with reporters, according to multiple news outlets.

Has anyone checked the science on COVID transmission through broadcast waves?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    https://ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/legislative-oversight-of-executive-orders.aspx#:~:text=A%20state%20of%20emergency%20may,receipt%20of%20the%20Legislature's%20resolution.

this made me curious as to how long a governor can keep doing shit by himself. It varies by state but all states give the legislature the power to say uh the emergency is over.

New York The legislature may terminate by concurrent resolution executive orders issued under this section at any time. N.Y. Exec. Law § 29-a (McKinney).

Utah A state of emergency may not continue for longer than 30 days unless extended by joint resolution of the Legislature, which may also terminate a state of emergency by joint resolution at any time. The governor shall issue an executive order ending the state of emergency on receipt of the Legislature's resolution. Utah Code Ann. § 53-2a-206. ( I like this better. The legislature has to affirm after 30 days. Go Utes)

Washington
    No order or orders concerning waiver or suspension of statutory obligations or limitations (during a declared emergency) may continue for longer than 30 days unless extended by the legislature through concurrent resolution. If the legislature is not in session, the waiver or suspension of statutory obligations or limitations may be extended in writing by the leadership of the senate and the house of representatives until the legislature can extend the waiver or suspension by concurrent resolution. For purposes of this section, “leadership of the senate and the house of representatives” means the majority and minority leaders of the senate and the speaker and the minority leader of the house of representatives. Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 43.06.220.

Same for Washington. Has the legislature extended the powers of Chinslee? Asking for a friend.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    The secret police will bludgeon them and you’ll cheer, you boot licker!!!

(Take it to the tug, I know)
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

"Fanless, the game can go on, the game can be televised, but no fans," Cuomo said during a conference call with reporters, according to multiple news outlets.

Has anyone checked the science on COVID transmission through broadcast waves?

@oregonblitzkrieg is dialed in on this topic
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

as ive said if I can have a cardboard cutout of my avi id be ok with that

That would be literally—literally I say—the only redeeming quality of that stupid idea.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Jesus. Just kill it already.

But I understand killing it in one big announcement isn't good for government business. Announce little by little the changes and restrictions. Let people get used to each one for a couple of weeks. Then when it's all cancelled, people won't mind so much. It's how you boil a frog.

It's how I fuck women as well.

Before they know it, I'm balls deep with their ankles around my neck.

Picture that horror show