Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MI School District Fires Teacher For Tweeting ‘Trump Is Our President’

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
Tweeting a literal fact is now a fireable offense in Bonker Liberal Land.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/soros-linked-pac-donates-77000-st-louis-circuit-attorney-targeting?amp

Parents, students praise 'apolitical,' 'supportive' teacher

A Michigan school district fired a popular high school teacher and coach after he pointed out that "Trump is our president" on social media.

Varsity baseball coach and social studies teacher Justin Kucera said Walled Lake school district officials hauled him into a closed-door meeting after he indicated his support for President Trump's speech to reopen schools. He told the Washington Free Beacon the Walled Lake Western principal and district superintendent gave him an ultimatum: be fired or resign.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    Welcome to Biden's America
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Welcome to Biden's America

People wonder why the polls are so screwy. I don’t answer the phone unless I know who’s calling, but if I did, I’m sure not saying I’m voting for Trump to some stranger who has my name and phone number.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Seems like a loser case on a first amendment grounds. Hell, even the dazzler could win that case. Must be something more.

Seems like a loser case on a first amendment grounds. Hell, even the dazzler could win that case. Must be something more.

The school district didn’t say it’s anything more.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Of course...

Other Walled Lake teachers have expressed their political views without any repercussions. Paulette Loe, a now-retired Walled Lake Western teacher, encouraged students to read an article from the Atlantic about "how to beat Trump" while still employed. Nicole Estes, a kindergarten teacher in the district, called Trump a "sociopath" and a "narcissist" on Facebook in 2016 and is still employed at Keith Elementary School. Neither Loe nor Estes responded to requests for comment

One former employee and one tweet pre-hire.

Of course...

Other Walled Lake teachers have expressed their political views without any repercussions. Paulette Loe, a now-retired Walled Lake Western teacher, encouraged students to read an article from the Atlantic about "how to beat Trump" while still employed. Nicole Estes, a kindergarten teacher in the district, called Trump a "sociopath" and a "narcissist" on Facebook in 2016 and is still employed at Keith Elementary School. Neither Loe nor Estes responded to requests for comment

The article states Paulette Loe, now retired, was still employed at the time.

You reach, I teach.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,994
    Benny is ok with people being fired for publicly expressing political views in a non-threatening way, because the ends justify the means.

Silencing and de-humanizing your opponent was very effective for the Mao, Stalin, and the Nazis.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

Of course...

Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    Michigan fires a teacher for pointing out a fact...have to give them credit though in that they keep elementary school teachers who publish on the side:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/linda-janack/

Michigan fires a teacher for pointing out a fact...have to give them credit though in that they keep elementary school teachers who publish on the side:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/linda-janack/

wood
    thechatch said:

Benny is ok with people being fired for publicly expressing political views in a non-threatening way, because the ends justify the means.

Silencing and de-humanizing your opponent was very effective for the Mao, Stalin, and the Nazis.

Hey asshat, stop putting words in my mouth.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,174
    I'm done being silent.

@BennyBeaver is our President of Tug-tard leftists who couldn't start a fire if you gave him a book of matches, a can of gasoline, and an American flag.

Don't @ me.

I'm done being silent.

@BennyBeaver is our President of Tug-tard leftists who couldn't start a fire if you gave him a book of matches, a can of gasoline, and an American flag.

Don't @ me.

ROFLMAO

So funny.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

Asshat: Dead giveaway of a white liberal sheep.

thechatch said:

Everyone is saying it.

thechatch said:

Everyone is saying it.
    No, that’s “Whataboutism,” which is Liberal for “I can’t defend it what you’re showing.”
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

Everyone is saying it.
    Everyone in your TDS echo chamber. No doubt.