Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Arnez Madison, 2021 3* DB/WR, Los Angeles (Manual Arts HS), CA (Offered 7/19/20)

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020
    We have put a lot of DB's in the league + we have a defensive scheme that plays into stats for the back end of the defense, so by design our DB's get a lot of opportunities to stand out. Throw in the recent headlines regarding the rising UW DB stars in the NFL capped off by the recent news of Budda scoring the highest contract in the NFL for his position and you really have to wonder WTF as far as DB recruiting this year.

Breathlessly speaking the obvious: while we do / did have an above-average depth chart, this seems like it can only be one thing ~ the recruits do not believe in the DB coach.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

guntlove said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Will Harris. Bob Gregory. Derham Cato. Terrance Brown. Pete Kwiatkowski. Keith Bonerpha. John Donovan.

Seven of our ten assistant coaches are severely subpar recruiters. Not middling to average recruiters, but genuine recruiting liabilities. Seventy percent of Jimmy's handpicked staff couldn't close a fucking door, let alone a four star recruit. And Will Harris might actually be the worst... which is saying something when you've got Bob Gregory on staff.

I think it's too early to say on Cato and Kwat is probably a step above these guys, but yeah it's bad.
    Yup. Totally agree with this. Besides being a genius DC, Kwat's at least shown a willingness to work & improve as a recruiter. Guess we'll see on Cato... early returns aren't great, and there's no way he's getting Bowers.

Problem is, I'm not sure if Jimmy even sees any of this as an issue... he's convinced he knows more than everyone else. Arrogant and incompetent. We're fucked.
    I doubt that Jimmy is unaware there's a problem at this point. He really did drop his balls in a clamp though. Some things preventable: OC hire, dumbass coach retention, failing to hire ace recruiters. Some things not his fault: covid cockblocking all his showcase plans meanwhile Oregon having a proven system and staff that's easy to sell.

But I doubt that he's not totally aware how much he's fucked right now. Amazing how different this would have looked had he simply splash-hired the Cowboy's OC.
    Kellen Moore was never coming to UW. Not sure how that ever got started but Jerry's finances >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UW football. He's going to have the keys to the Cowboys in 3 years.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

guntlove said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Will Harris. Bob Gregory. Derham Cato. Terrance Brown. Pete Kwiatkowski. Keith Bonerpha. John Donovan.

Seven of our ten assistant coaches are severely subpar recruiters. Not middling to average recruiters, but genuine recruiting liabilities. Seventy percent of Jimmy's handpicked staff couldn't close a fucking door, let alone a four star recruit. And Will Harris might actually be the worst... which is saying something when you've got Bob Gregory on staff.

I think it's too early to say on Cato and Kwat is probably a step above these guys, but yeah it's bad.
    Yup. Totally agree with this. Besides being a genius DC, Kwat's at least shown a willingness to work & improve as a recruiter. Guess we'll see on Cato... early returns aren't great, and there's no way he's getting Bowers.

Problem is, I'm not sure if Jimmy even sees any of this as an issue... he's convinced he knows more than everyone else. Arrogant and incompetent. We're fucked.
    I doubt that Jimmy is unaware there's a problem at this point. He really did drop his balls in a clamp though. Some things preventable: OC hire, dumbass coach retention, failing to hire ace recruiters. Some things not his fault: covid cockblocking all his showcase plans meanwhile Oregon having a proven system and staff that's easy to sell.

But I doubt that he's not totally aware how much he's fucked right now. Amazing how different this would have looked had he simply splash-hired the Cowboy's OC.
    Kellen Moore was never coming to UW. Not sure how that ever got started but Jerry's finances >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UW football. He's going to have the keys to the Cowboys in 3 years.
    Only if Jerry wanted him. Don't pretend like you know what Jerry thinks or wants either. Fucker could hire Deon Sanders back for OC for all we know.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

Multiple 8 inchers to THEE Oregon State University

Logjammin'?

Oh you must be here to fix the cable.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Only if Jerry wanted him. Don't pretend like you know what Jerry thinks or wants either. Fucker could hire Deon Sanders back for OC for all we know.
    That was much more true 10 years ago than it is today. His kid has just as much say in how the team is run. The offense in Dallas has been really good. Keeping Moore was an obvious decision.