Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is college football's greatest Entrance tradition?

Comments

• TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 467
    I remember the Oregon tradition from a players perspective. Mostly batteries and zip loc baggies full of urine. I liked to watch for em and duck at the last moment so things would hit other guys. That’s how I remember That shit hole autzen . That and their Walmart fans hassling my 80 year old grandma with her little OSU flag.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,669 Standard Supporter
    Stalin, how could you leave out ________ (fill in the blank)
    not sure which wins but
    1. Nebraska's traditional entry was what before Alan Parsons? So not a real long tradition
    2. Hawaii's Haha would be intimidating if they would win once in a blue moon.
    3. Strange - no votes for Oregon
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado Runs with Ralphie
    I've walked into Husky Stadium during the offseason and had the run of the place. Not unusual.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Another right in for FSU.

2. Ralphie
    3. Boomer Sooner

Blacksburg is an interesting place. Cool stadium, they leave it open, or I just ignored signs and went right it. Touched that hokie stone thing through the fence. Those stands the students and band sit on are smaller in person. Its that steel and metal type so a little easier on the knees.

I went to one Colorado game and they didn't have Ralph run because it was raining. Grow some field turf you Boulder commies.

In the off season while traveling, I’ve been able to walk on the field at both Camp Randall and Nebraska. Stood in the end zone at Nebraska trying to figure out if it was the end zone Jay Berry scored on the long TD run.
    #metoo except sub UGA for camp Randall. Also I have no idea who jay berry is.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
    I think the Penn State whiteout takes the cake. But, they only do it once a year, so it doesn’t really count. I still think it’s the best atmosphere in college football though.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,355 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado Runs with Ralphie

I've walked into Husky Stadium during the offseason and had the run of the place. Not unusual.

It used to be wide open. ROTC and people from the IMA used to go and run and climb the stairs. Since the rebuild I don't think they allow much access. WVU stadium was locked down. BYU was open, or at least it used to be. I didn't get on the field in at Colorado State, but I did get close to the bar in the north endzone. Ran out of time before finding the stadium at UVA.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I try to think about the ones that I've seen in person ...

There's something pretty magical about being in Baton Rouge and particularly for a night game and 100,000 people erupting to sing one of the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z7lqxXNT7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLaOTrVXWso
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Blacksburg is an interesting place. Cool stadium, they leave it open, or I just ignored signs and went right it. Touched that hokie stone thing through the fence. Those stands the students and band sit on are smaller in person. Its that steel and metal type so a little easier on the knees.

I went to one Colorado game and they didn't have Ralph run because it was raining. Grow some field turf you Boulder commies.

In the off season while traveling, I’ve been able to walk on the field at both Camp Randall and Nebraska. Stood in the end zone at Nebraska trying to figure out if it was the end zone Jay Berry scored on the long TD run.
    If you truly care to know who Jay Barry was, go to the 11:36 mark in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gojVqxfbo
    I didn't remember that was 3rd and 12.

HUGE.

If you truly care to know who Jay Barry was, go to the 11:36 mark in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gojVqxfbo
    Latin > Jay
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I’ve always said UW should come in to Enter Sandman and play Jump Arkind at the end of the 3rd quarter....

Bit now I think they should disband all sports and use the land for a community pea patch. Just kill it already.

WTF is Jump Arkind?
    It’s what people do when they’re riddled with white (can’t capitalize it) Guilt.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter
    Fuck Virginia Tech.
    (I love Metallica but not when used for that purpose)
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Play like a champion today.