Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Trump is losing badly. It's not hard to figure out.

Comments

• incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

I'm dumber for having watched that - shame on me. The wage earners are not with the whole "get back to work" plan. What are they saying then? They'd rather to sit on their couch and collect unemployment checks and we should let them. Can these people by any more out of touch with reality?

a lot of them ARE saying that, whether you like that or not.

What other gauge of how the public is feeling do you need than a poll showing voters on one side of an issue by a 60-30 margin. I guess if you want to so badly want to believe that polls aren't real I guess you can make the argument they are out of touch.
    Why not relax and enjoy the big win?

What do you see Biden doing his first hundred days? Will he cure Covid right away or will it take some time?

What's the plan to get the 40 million back to work? Can we defund the police?

Let's talk Biden
    your Biden wants to defund the police line was literally fact checked by Fox News, so nice one.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

When your opponents are telling you that you are doing everything wrong you know you're doing it right

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

Trump's "opponents" are more than 50% of the country right now. That's kind of a problem for him.
    And the most of those are in NYC, LA, Chicago etc. If you win those cities or those states by 90% it doesn’t matter in case you can’t figure that out.

you can overcome a 3-5 point deficit with a gerrymander/electoral college. You cannot overcome a 10 point deficit.
    Explain to me what you mean by "gerrymander/electoral college?"
    a party / candidate can lose the popular vote nationally (or in a gerrymander case statewide) by a relatively small margin and still win more seats / electoral votes. It can only go so far.
    How do you gerrymander an entire state? You're spouting nonsense.
    you gerrymander the seats in the state. A party can receive less overall votes and still maintain more seats.
    You don't have a clue regarding what the hell you think you're talking about do you? You can't gerrymander an entire state. You can either win the state by getting the most votes or you can lose the state by getting less votes than your opponent. Most states are still winner takes all delegates. There is no gerrymander of an entire state. You're making a fool out of yourself.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

I'm dumber for having watched that - shame on me. The wage earners are not with the whole "get back to work" plan. What are they saying then? They'd rather to sit on their couch and collect unemployment checks and we should let them. Can these people by any more out of touch with reality?

What other gauge of how the public is feeling do you need than a poll showing voters on one side of an issue by a 60-30 margin. I guess if you want to so badly want to believe that polls aren't real I guess you can make the argument they are out of touch.

What do you see Biden doing his first hundred days? Will he cure Covid right away or will it take some time?

Let's talk Biden
    your Biden wants to defund the police line was literally fact checked by Fox News, so nice one.

Doesn't matter in campaigning. Enough Dems are behind it that it's fair game to hang in on Biden.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

When your opponents are telling you that you are doing everything wrong you know you're doing it right

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

Trump's "opponents" are more than 50% of the country right now. That's kind of a problem for him.
    And the most of those are in NYC, LA, Chicago etc. If you win those cities or those states by 90% it doesn’t matter in case you can’t figure that out.

you can overcome a 3-5 point deficit with a gerrymander/electoral college. You cannot overcome a 10 point deficit.
    a party / candidate can lose the popular vote nationally (or in a gerrymander case statewide) by a relatively small margin and still win more seats / electoral votes. It can only go so far.
    you gerrymander the seats in the state. A party can receive less overall votes and still maintain more seats.
    You don't have a clue regarding what the hell you think you're talking about do you? You can't gerrymander an entire state. You can either win the state by getting the most votes or you can lose the state by getting less votes than your opponent. Most states are still winner takes all delegates. There is no gerrymander of an entire state. You're making a fool out of yourself.
    Of course you can't gerrymander electoral college votes. The electoral college can work similarly to a gerrymander in that it produces a result different than the overall popular votes. Of course they aren't the same thing and gerrymandering has nothing to do with presidential elections.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,522 Founders Club

Let's talk Biden

That's it? I asked if we were going to.

AOC says defunding the police means defund the police. Biden signed off. Fact check that

How about the rest? Let's talk Biden. He's the president elect
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

Of course you can't gerrymander electoral college votes. The electoral college can work similarly to a gerrymander in that it produces a result different than the overall popular votes. Of course they aren't the same thing and gerrymandering has nothing to do with presidential elections.
    Pure fucking gibberish.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

Pure fucking gibberish.
    He struggles when he strays from his anti Trump talking points
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,150 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

Pure fucking gibberish.
    He struggles when he strays from his anti Trump talking points
    The list he gets isn't that long.
    edited July 2020
    I'm sure voters care a lot more about what Sara Pearl said than today's 70K new coronavirus cases. It'll surely break into the news cycle soon enough.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

You stupid fuck it doesn’t matter which seats are which. They all have to vote for what the majority in the state voted for. Whatever school you went to I would demand my money back. 😂😂😂
    edited July 2020
    DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

You stupid fuck it doesn’t matter which seats are which. They all have to vote for what the majority in the state voted for. Whatever school you went to I would demand my money back. 😂😂😂
    I never fucking said that the electoral college or anything in the presidential race had anything to do with gerrymandering. It was a comparison: a president can still win the EC while losing the popular vote by 3-5 points. A party can still maintain a CONGRESSIONAL majority even while losing the statewide vote by 3-5 points. Neither comes close to holding up to the deficits in these polls. You're the one who refuses to read.

I'm sure voters care a lot more about what Sara Pearl said than today's 70K new coronavirus cases. It'll surely break into the news cycle soon enough.

Still no Biden discussion?

70,000 new cases of a cold

Sounds grim.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,592 Standard Supporter

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

You sound nervous still.

Lather rinse repeat

I never fucking said that the electoral college or anything in the presidential race had anything to do with gerrymandering. It was a comparison: a president can still win the EC while losing the popular vote by 3-5 points. A party can still maintain a CONGRESSIONAL majority even while losing the statewide vote by 3-5 points. Neither comes close to holding up to the deficits in these polls. You're the one who refuses to read.

Yeah...well, you did.

Twice.

edited July 2020

Let's talk Biden

Doesn't matter in campaigning. Enough Dems are behind it that it's fair game to hang in on Biden.
    right now Biden seems to be capitalizing on a lot of the energy from that direction while not actively tying himself to those positions. I agree it's a tough tightrope and one he's only getting away with because there is little scrutiny right now.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's like everytim we get a terrible left leaning poster and I think, "this is the dumbest shit I'm going to read" there's a challenge accepted.

Let's talk Biden

Let's talk Biden

Let's talk Biden

Chris Wallace is a hack. Biden did say he would “redirect” funds away from police. It’s on fucking video.