Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

School's out forever

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,521 Swaye's Wigwam

Seattle education association ain’t going back to work. Can we pull a Reagan?

https://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-teachers-restarting-in-person-classroom-instruction-is-reckless-unsafe

As a marching band enthusiast, that song is forever ruined thanks to the Oregon band.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    This is awesome. Privatize education, buy up vacant schools, kick out fkin reject students instead of entitling them, and their moronic parents. No more school taxes on your property tax, the idiot lefties can fend for themselves, and my school will have an application to determine if you have a mental disorder similar to liberalism.... D-NIED.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    This is awesome. Privatize education, buy up vacant schools, kick out fkin reject students instead of entitling them, and their moronic parents. No more school taxes on your property tax, the idiot lefties can fend for themselves, and my school will have an application to determine if you have a mental disorder similar to liberalism.... D-NIED.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    Your property taxes at work!
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,215
    MelloDawg said:

https://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-teachers-restarting-in-person-classroom-instruction-is-reckless-unsafe

As a marching band enthusiast, that song is forever ruined thanks to the Oregon band.
    #5! Lol yes we played it too much. Lol. As a member of the OMB it drives me nuts. We became SC for a bit.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Now ghetto kids won't go to school

Not that they were going to anyway
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    This is pure union power and posturing. I was in a debate like this with a teacher the other day. Years of conflict between the unions and the school districts certainly helped us get to this point. The reality is that parents are going to have to go back to work soon, especially with the additional unemployment benefits going away. The analogy I draw is that grocery stores have unions. Grocery stores have never closed during the pandemic. If the union refused to allow their employees to work, the stores would just hire replacements. School's can't exactly do that but I would argue getting our kids in school is nearly as important as buying groceries.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

This is pure union power and posturing. I was in a debate like this with a teacher the other day. Years of conflict between the unions and the school districts certainly helped us get to this point. The reality is that parents are going to have to go back to work soon, especially with the additional unemployment benefits going away. The analogy I draw is that grocery stores have unions. Grocery stores have never closed during the pandemic. If the union refused to allow their employees to work, the stores would just hire replacements. School's can't exactly do that but I would argue getting our kids in school is nearly as important as buying groceries.

55 year teacher lives matter more that the 55 year old checker at Safeway.
    More white privileged
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Goduckies said:

MelloDawg said:

#5! Lol yes we played it too much. Lol. As a member of the OMB it drives me nuts. We became SC for a bit.
    Which one are you?

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

How can we do this without attaching some cost benefit analysis? Kids are the one group that are least likely to be negatively impacted by the virus. They are less likely to die from the virus than they are to die of the seasonal flu. The benefit of kids returning to school far outweighs any risk.

And of course Pelosi being the piece of shit she is, and knowing full well how stupid her voters are, says that Trump is trying to kill our children.