Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Video shows fatal shooting of 20-year-old was justified: Detroit police

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
edited July 2020 in Tug Tavern
Not sure where it’s headed but it’s going to be a rough road this summer in the USA.

Odd how Detroit PD can release a video within 7 hours but Minneapolis PD still won’t release George Floyd bodycam footage and audio.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/detroit-police-release-footage-showing-hakim-littleton-shooting/

July 11, 2020

As protesters took to the streets of Detroit Friday, the police chief released a video of the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old man by a police officer earlier that day, saying it shows the use of force was justified.

Police Chief James Craig released the police dash cam video seven hours after the shooting of Hakim Littleton, which had spurred angry demonstrations in the area almost immediately after.

Chaos broke out in the west-side neighborhood of San Juan near McNichols Road. More than 100 people began yelling at police and throwing bricks and bottles at them because of what they said was another case of police brutality against an innocent black man.

But the video clearly showed a male, apparently Littleton, pulling a gun out of his pocket, pointing it at the head of a police officer and opening fire, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Gosh, I sure hope they didn’t shoot him too many times.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    SFGbob said:

Those may have been the dumbest thoughts outside of any @HHusky and his lackeys’ threads.

@creepycoug was trying to be a moderate in how many shots are enough. What the fuck? I was cringing. He seems like a bright, if maybe too wordy, person.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971

SFGbob said:

Those may have been the dumbest thoughts outside of any @HHusky and his lackeys’ threads.

@creepycoug was trying to be a moderate in how many shots are enough. What the fuck? I was cringing. He seems like a bright, if maybe too wordy, person.
    Well well Mr. NW Fresh. What an ugly thing it is that you do to mock me. I thought we were friends. Are you not my friend?

You know, if I thought that you were not my friend, why, I don’t think that I could bear it.