Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,005 Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    He flashed but not consistent to be a first rounder
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

It would be wild to see a player become more consistent in his junior year.

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Hard to expect anyone to bring the consistency that you do day in day out.
    Grinding harder than ever
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Maybe if he had a chance to show out against Michigan but that game isn’t happening. A truncated season isn’t helping players who have dreams about leaving.

Don’t walk these kids into UDFA land like last year
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,595 Swaye's Wigwam
    A couple sacks versus Sac State community college = 1st rounder?

Sure.gif
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

Sure.gif

Theres a lot of hope being put on him considering how short his list of accomplishments is. He's a hell of a prospect though just based on physical ability. He might live up to it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

Sure.gif

Theres a lot of hope being put on him considering how short his list of accomplishments is. He's a hell of a prospect though just based on physical ability. He might live up to it.
    He was really good by the middle end of last year. I’ve been down this road before tho and know guys don’t always get better and sometimes ever regress. It’s been fairly common at UW.

chuck said:

Sure.gif

He was really good by the middle end of last year. I’ve been down this road before tho and know guys don’t always get better and sometimes ever regress. It’s been fairly common at UW.
    Last UW preseason AA got fat and got kicked of the team for smoking dope
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    IDGAF, sack Herbert then pop off...
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,414 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would be equally unsuprised if he dominated or lost his starting role this year
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Canadawg said:

I would be equally unsuprised if he dominated or lost his starting role this year

I don’t think he will lose his role, but I suppose it is possible that Latu makes a leap and Bowman produces at a level that he can’t be taken off the field.

I think Tryon will be good. He has Kwat coaching him and despite not being very good and having little talent at Buck/Sam for a couple years, his players do seem to get better, even the shitty and average ones like Psalm and O’Brien.

Canadawg said:

I don’t think he will lose his role, but I suppose it is possible that Latu makes a leap and Bowman produces at a level that he can’t be taken off the field.

I think Tryon will be good. He has Kwat coaching him and despite not being very good and having little talent at Buck/Sam for a couple years, his players do seem to get better, even the shitty and average ones like Psalm and O’Brien.
    Athis was dominant at Buck for a few games while healthy. Feeney and Littleton converted from inside and played great. Kikaha set or tied some sack record. You're right about Psalm and Obrien. I have quite a bit of faith in Kawasaki to get something out of talented players when he has them.

I always thought Tryon would be good to great and I still do. I'm just hedging my bets because I'm a puss like that.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,005 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Athis was dominant at Buck for a few games while healthy. Feeney and Littleton converted from inside and played great. Kikaha set or tied some sack record. You're right about Psalm and Obrien. I have quite a bit of faith in Kawasaki to get something out of talented players when he has them.

I always thought Tryon would be good to great and I still do. I'm just hedging my bets because I'm a puss like that.
    Kwat has produced some NFL products between Kikaha and some of his guys at Boise
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Production doesn’t matter as much as measurables in the draft but yes, he’s gotta get a lot more consistent and not get punked as much.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He's got all the tools. I just have a hard tim getting this play outta my head.

His containment improved a ton as the year went on.

He was horrific early on.

He's got all the tools. I just have a hard tim getting this play outta my head.

I dont see what your problem is. He found himself a really clean shit at the pulling guard, but chose to spare him any violence