Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Insincere doog swallows another load

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Let's see. He lied about health care. He lied about energy. He was an anti-American POS. He gave billions to the Iranians. His administration, with his knowledge illegally spied on Congress, the US press and the republican campaign for President. He ran guns to the Mexican cartels. So what conspiracy made up sh*t are you concerned about. I don't know of one conservative poster on the old shed or here that thinks barry wasn't born in Hawaii. The fact that he called himself a Kenya for college admissions and for his book biography was just barry lying. He was the first American president that grew up dreaming of becoming the Prime Minister of Indonesia. Quite the background.

It seems you're taking your post in a new direction. You didn't quote who you were responding to with the MLK comment; but I presume it was my post in response to NW's post about why people presume Obama is smart. I gave a reason or two. And your response was, what? And now this?

The made-up shit to which I refer is in this thread. Not your rant about everything Obama ever did.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Stop pressing creep

It's ok if Obama gets criticized or looked at critically

He'll live

Hardly. In a thread with a lot conjecture and little support, it's another shocking Race take that I'm the one pressing.

But, please, press on.
    We have a classmate of Obama saying nobody remembers him in a department of 150 graduates. His name is on the article. Not one person in that class refuted his claims.

You’re the one using “conjecture” to excuse nobody remembering a future President in his PoliSci undergrad days. That doesn’t seem odd to you?

You’re flailing here since you said you can see Trump paying someone to take his test, even though the family of the guy accused of doing so said it didn’t happen and would have be impossible to happen.

• Options

Sledog said:

trublue said:

Why were his academic records sealed? During his reign, some contractors employed by the Department of Education either attempted to or actually saw his records. They were all federally prosecuted.

Did you miss the news about it?

Obama had was graded differently, he was special. You used to be able to look that up but doubtful you'll find it anymore. Otherwise he probably wouldn't graduate or achieve any recognition.
    Yeah, I think that's bullshit and made-up. Go with it if you like; but on its face it's implausible.
    What’s implausible is that nobody at the reunion for the year Obama’s 30th reunion for his major remembers him at all at Columbia. Maybe he was allowed to just not go to class.

How can nobody remember such unique leader that he ultimately became President?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theblaze.com/amp/barack-obama-the-ghost-of-columbia-university-2622115352

I am a graduate of Columbia University, Class of 1983. That’s the same class Barack Obama claims to have graduated from. We shared the same exact major- Political Science. We were both Pre Law. It was a small class- about 700 students. The Political Science department was even smaller and closer-knit (maybe 150 students). I thought I knew, or met at least once, (or certainly saw in classes) every fellow Poly Sci classmate in my four years at Columbia

But not Obama. No one ever met him. Even worse, no one even remembers seeing that unique memorable face. Think about this for a minute. Our classmate is President of the United States. Shouldn't someone remember him? Or at least claim to remember him?

One of the speakers at the 30th reunion should have reminisced about “my days with the future President.” But no one did. You’d think Obama might have sent a video to tell us all how much he enjoyed his time at Columbia. You’d think he’d have sent at least a letter to be read aloud from one of his former college buddies. Right? But he didn't. Because Obama has no former college buddies. No one that ever met Obama, let alone befriended him, was in attendence at our 30th class reunion.

Now you might argue this is all strange, but it’s possible. Afterall Columbia says he graduated. And I take my college’s word for it. Would one of the world’s greatest Ivy League institutions participate in a coverup, thereby risking their billion dollar reputation? And there is one single article written for the Columbia newspaper with Obama’s name on it. A single photo also exists of Obama in his Manhattan apartment with the man he claims was his college roommate- a Pakistani foreign student. And one single radical leftist Columbia professor who hates Israel also claims he remembers Obama

Not sure what I, or anyone else, is supposed to do with this. BO was more of a known quantity at HLS. It's entirely plausible, for me, that a kid could transfer and spend, what, two years at Columbia and not be remembered. Columbia is small by state school standards, and big by elite private college standards. My kid attended a well known LAC with about 2500 total students. Even as a distinguished athlete, it's entirely likely you could find many kids in her class who don't recollect her. Columbia has over 9,000 undergraduates. It's also in the New York city surrounded by millions of people. It's a busy place. Yes, entirely believable you can find people who don't remember him. Especially if you're looking for him.

I'm not a huge BO fanboy. But it's clear that the Tug takes a pretty critical angle on him any chance it gets, and enthusiastically embraces a lot of conspiracy made-up shit about the guy with out application of that famous Tug cynicism.

We can like or hate a guy's policies and term as POTUS w/o having to completely blow the guy up. I say the same about Trump.

Q: is the birther stuff alive and well amongst the Trump faithful?
    Hillary’s team started the Birther stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html

The answers to your other questions are in the article. Do you have no friends from your undergrad major, especially in a class of 150 in your department? Nobody in your major that would remember you, even in 400-level classes with 10-20 students?

It seems “implausible” considering Obama ended up becoming the first black President. Impossible, actually. Nobody from your undergrad would remember you from class? I’d think that a future President would be fairly outspoken in a PoliSci class.
    Re Birther, my information was that Andy Martin, the guy always running for office in Illinois, was the starter of birther. But Trump certainly used it, and you know that.

As to the story, I'll quote the guy himself: Now you might argue this is all strange, but it’s possible.

Of course, it's possible. Do I have any ability to disprove that Obama faked graduating from Columbia and that one of the oldest and most revered colleges in the US is in on the lie? Of course not. But I find it hard to believe. It's some guy who gave a story to the Blaze. Maybe not a lot of people in the the department attend college reunions at Columbia. Maybe Barry kept a low profile. Maybe this guys is full of shit. Maybe he himself had no friends at Columbia. Or maybe it's all true. I don't know.

Sure, again, it's possible. But lying about graduating from somewhere is a pretty big lie. Sure, people do it, but they're usually lower profile than POTUS.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

It was in all the papers

Trump spent his first two years at Fordham anyhow, so his SATs would have nothing to do with him transferring to Penn. Post-Fact Democrats won’t know this anyhow. Seems like an easy fact check since Mary Trump says it was to get into Penn and her publisher didn’t even look into it.
    True. Worming your way into the Ivy League back then was a much different animal than it is today. There's some rough math out there that goes: 40 years ago, Harvard was comprised of 20 to 30% brilliant students and 70 to 80% connected people. Today, it's pretty much the other way around.

So that means two things. One, there was no shame in back-door'ing his way into Penn. More than half the kids there got in with money or connections, not brains. Two, that he had to transfer from Fordham to get to there means he wasn't an academic powerhouse, which shouldn't really shock or bother anybody. Most U.S. Presidents weren't either. See the Kennedys.

It seems to me Trump's talent is less book smart brilliance and more instinct and balls. I worked with a CFO who was like that. Great CFO, but he also used words like "irregardless" and has probably never read a book on anything that didn't involve making money. Didn't have the GMAT score for an elite MBA. But he could assimilate the economics of any situation faster than anybody I've known and had a knack for capital markets and finance. Trump seems more like that guy.

Would I believe that Trump paid someone to take a test for him? Of course. That's clearly something he would do if he thought he needed it. Anybody here would also believe that. As to whether I care ... not really.
    Obama basically followed that same path by transferring from Occidental to Columbia and he’s regarded as an intellectual powerhouse.
    Agreed. That, plus AA means he had a huge leg up.

And, like Trump, Obama is a cult of personality and he has his legions of blind followers. I am not one of them. With that said, I can see at least one reason why even non-followers assume Obama is super smart: he's articulate. In our society, you get a Yuge benefit of the doubt if you speak well. And teleprompter or not (I've seen several Obama interviews w no prompter), he's a very articulate guy and smooth. He's also thin, decent looking and looks good in a suit. Also, and this is important, I think it's credit to the USA (and somewhat of a response to all the allegations of systemic racism) that a lot of people were pulling for him as the first AA POTUS. A lot of people wanted Obama to be successful precisely because he was black and everyone knew we? were overdue for a minority POTUS.

Trump strikes the image of contrast to all that. He certainly has his qualities. I like a lot of his brashness and ballz. I tend to like people of that personality-type. But we both know that he's not great with English and he's not a great orator - often categorically unclear in his speech - unless he's in shit-talker mode, where he's at his best. He's kinda fat, old looking and his hair is an unmitigated disaster.

When your mom says that so-and-so is "really put together", she means a guy like Obama. She'd never think of Trump in that sense. Aspects of him are a bit of a mess.

So, my point here, is that Obama presented a much more appealing aesthetic to Trump. Hard to deny that is the case. That's the superficial explanation for Obama is assumed to be brilliant. He's nicer to look at and listen to. Think JFK. Same thing. Nixon was at least as smart as JFK, but Nixon was Nixon.
    Trump looked good when he was Obama's age. He looks like an old fat fuck now. While I agree that Trump has his fans the cult like level of some of his supporters never came close to Obama's cult followers.

https://youtu.be/zt6JWzBqLWs

https://youtu.be/fCL8jxpVHK8

Stop pressing creep

He'll live

It's pretty telling with the lineup in this thread that you'd pick mine as the presser. Good work. Good effort.
    I'm right

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

trublue said:

Why were his academic records sealed? During his reign, some contractors employed by the Department of Education either attempted to or actually saw his records. They were all federally prosecuted.

Obama had was graded differently, he was special. You used to be able to look that up but doubtful you'll find it anymore. Otherwise he probably wouldn't graduate or achieve any recognition.
    Yeah, I think that's bullshit and made-up. Go with it if you like; but on its face it's implausible.
    What’s implausible is that nobody at the reunion for the year Obama’s 30th reunion for his major remembers him at all at Columbia. Maybe he was allowed to just not go to class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theblaze.com/amp/barack-obama-the-ghost-of-columbia-university-2622115352

I am a graduate of Columbia University, Class of 1983. That’s the same class Barack Obama claims to have graduated from. We shared the same exact major- Political Science. We were both Pre Law. It was a small class- about 700 students. The Political Science department was even smaller and closer-knit (maybe 150 students). I thought I knew, or met at least once, (or certainly saw in classes) every fellow Poly Sci classmate in my four years at Columbia

But not Obama. No one ever met him. Even worse, no one even remembers seeing that unique memorable face. Think about this for a minute. Our classmate is President of the United States. Shouldn't someone remember him? Or at least claim to remember him?

One of the speakers at the 30th reunion should have reminisced about “my days with the future President.” But no one did. You’d think Obama might have sent a video to tell us all how much he enjoyed his time at Columbia. You’d think he’d have sent at least a letter to be read aloud from one of his former college buddies. Right? But he didn't. Because Obama has no former college buddies. No one that ever met Obama, let alone befriended him, was in attendence at our 30th class reunion.

Now you might argue this is all strange, but it’s possible. Afterall Columbia says he graduated. And I take my college’s word for it. Would one of the world’s greatest Ivy League institutions participate in a coverup, thereby risking their billion dollar reputation? And there is one single article written for the Columbia newspaper with Obama’s name on it. A single photo also exists of Obama in his Manhattan apartment with the man he claims was his college roommate- a Pakistani foreign student. And one single radical leftist Columbia professor who hates Israel also claims he remembers Obama

Not sure what I, or anyone else, is supposed to do with this. BO was more of a known quantity at HLS. It's entirely plausible, for me, that a kid could transfer and spend, what, two years at Columbia and not be remembered. Columbia is small by state school standards, and big by elite private college standards. My kid attended a well known LAC with about 2500 total students. Even as a distinguished athlete, it's entirely likely you could find many kids in her class who don't recollect her. Columbia has over 9,000 undergraduates. It's also in the New York city surrounded by millions of people. It's a busy place. Yes, entirely believable you can find people who don't remember him. Especially if you're looking for him.

I'm not a huge BO fanboy. But it's clear that the Tug takes a pretty critical angle on him any chance it gets, and enthusiastically embraces a lot of conspiracy made-up shit about the guy with out application of that famous Tug cynicism.

We can like or hate a guy's policies and term as POTUS w/o having to completely blow the guy up. I say the same about Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html

The answers to your other questions are in the article. Do you have no friends from your undergrad major, especially in a class of 150 in your department? Nobody in your major that would remember you, even in 400-level classes with 10-20 students?

It seems “implausible” considering Obama ended up becoming the first black President. Impossible, actually. Nobody from your undergrad would remember you from class? I’d think that a future President would be fairly outspoken in a PoliSci class.
    Re Birther, my information was that Andy Martin, the guy always running for office in Illinois, was the starter of birther. But Trump certainly used it, and you know that.

As to the story, I'll quote the guy himself: Now you might argue this is all strange, but it’s possible.

Of course, it's possible. Do I have any ability to disprove that Obama faked graduating from Columbia and that one of the oldest and most revered colleges in the US is in on the lie? Of course not. But I find it hard to believe. It's some guy who gave a story to the Blaze. Maybe not a lot of people in the the department attend college reunions at Columbia. Maybe Barry kept a low profile. Maybe this guys is full of shit. Maybe he himself had no friends at Columbia. Or maybe it's all true. I don't know.

Sure, again, it's possible. But lying about graduating from somewhere is a pretty big lie. Sure, people do it, but they're usually lower profile than POTUS.
    This is the same party that did a fucking casting couch to find AOC....
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Sledog said:

trublue said:

You didn’t even read the article. He talked to many people at the reunion. It seems “implausible” to me that a future President would not be remembered by a single classmate in his major. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? It’s not likely. He maybe got to take classes from his apartment. Would be easy to clear that up, instead you say Trump could pay someone to take the SATs. That’s your own bias showing.

I’m a nobody with a bit of money and I have numerous friends and acquaintances who remember me from class. Obama didn’t even show for his reunion because questions would have been asked.

You’re sucking at this today.
  • Options

Stop pressing creep

He'll live

Hardly. In a thread with a lot conjecture and little support, it's another shocking Race take that I'm the one pressing.

But, please, press on.
    We have a classmate of Obama saying nobody remembers him in a department of 150 graduates. His name is on the article. Not one person in that class refuted his claims.

You’re the one using “conjecture” to excuse nobody remembering a future President in his PoliSci undergrad days. That doesn’t seem odd to you?

You’re flailing here since you said you can see Trump paying someone to take his test, even though the family of the guy accused of doing so said it didn’t happen and would have be impossible to happen.

No. We? don't know what we have. You have some guy in a Blaze article saying "nobody" from some reunion attended who knows how many people can remember him. Sounds pretty conclusive. Think that one over. My law school class was 165 by head count. If someone in my class had become POTUS, and none of us could remember him being there, we wouldn't need a reunion. Enough of us would have done the research and pressed the school, and I promise you, more than one of us would have called bullshit in public and it would have been a scandal.

Sure I believe Trump would have done the testing. Like a lot of things about Trump, by overwhelming reputation, he is a guy who does what he needs to do to get what he wants. His father was the same way. Even his fans know that. No moral judgment here; IDRGAF. It's entirely plausible given that many people have done it and continue to do it.

This story to which you latched on is a much bigger fraud than having someone take the SATs for you. Lying about where you went to college is something different; only way that happens is if Columbia is in on the scam. Seems really unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. I'd say the same thing if your story were about a Penn reunion where some guy said nobody remembers Trump being there. Someone dig in and bring more to the table, and I'm happy to have my mind changed. As I've said before, no POTUS is a hero of mine.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Sledog said:

trublue said:

You didn’t even read the article. He talked to many people at the reunion. It seems “implausible” to me that a future President would not be remembered by a single classmate in his major. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? It’s not likely. He maybe got to take classes from his apartment. Would be easy to clear that up, instead you say Trump could pay someone to take the SATs. That’s your own bias showing.

I’m a nobody with a bit of money and I have numerous friends and acquaintances who remember me from class. Obama didn’t even show for his reunion because questions would have been asked.

Eh, you're not reading my post. I have no bias or issue with Trump. I'm just not a fan like you are. It doesn't bother me in the least that he would have someone take a test for him. JFC, it's sadly a common thing. I didn't say I believe he did, and if I did say that, let me reiterate: I would easily believe he would do something like that, and I stand by that. I also said Barry got a huge leg up by way of AA. So what? This is reminding me of when haie would get pissed about Oregon fans not being pissed off enough at Cristobal's mistakes. You seem to want me to hate Obama and love Trump. IDGAF about either of them. I just gave you one reason why I think people assume Obama is super smart. And I'm not ready to conclude he faked Columbia based on this one article.

Tell ya what: you tell me with a straight face that if this had been an article in Dirty Hippie Quarterly and it had been about Trump at Penn that you would have believed it, then I'll at least take your position a little more seriously. Like I said, if this had happened in my LS class of about the same size, there's NO WAY it would not have seen the light of day. No way.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

trublue said:

If you're bashing not reading long expose articles about former possibly queer Presidents whose wives might have dicks, I'm out.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Stop pressing creep

He'll live

But, please, press on.
    Pressing
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:
    I don't recall you holding Huffpo in high regard. Now all of sudden, it seems you do.

Not your best contributions Sleddy.
    I don't. But people that love Obama did.do.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mary Trump's claim Trump paid Joe Shapiro to take SATs conflicts with timeline, Shapiro's wife says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wife-of-late-trump-friend-challenges-mary-trump-sat

Smearing a dead man. Nice.

If Pam doesn't know that men sometimes lie to their wives, then I don't know what to tell her.
  • Options
    O

Stop pressing creep

He'll live

But, please, press on.

No. We? don't know what we have. You have some guy in a Blaze article saying "nobody" from some reunion attended who knows how many people can remember him. Sounds pretty conclusive. Think that one over. My law school class was 165 by head count. If someone in my class had become POTUS, and none of us could remember him being there, we wouldn't need a reunion. Enough of us would have done the research and pressed the school, and I promise you, more than one of us would have called bullshit in public and it would have been a scandal.

Sure I believe Trump would have done the testing. Like a lot of things about Trump, by overwhelming reputation, he is a guy who does what he needs to do to get what he wants. His father was the same way. Even his fans know that. No moral judgment here; IDRGAF. It's entirely plausible given that many people have done it and continue to do it.

This story to which you latched on is a much bigger fraud than having someone take the SATs for you. Lying about where you went to college is something different; only way that happens is if Columbia is in on the scam. Seems really unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. I'd say the same thing if your story were about a Penn reunion where some guy said nobody remembers Trump being there. Someone dig in and bring more to the table, and I'm happy to have my mind changed. As I've said before, no POTUS is a hero of mine.

Mary Trump's claim Trump paid Joe Shapiro to take SATs conflicts with timeline, Shapiro's wife says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wife-of-late-trump-friend-challenges-mary-trump-sat

Smearing a dead man. Nice.

If Pam doesn't know that men sometimes lie to their wives, then I don't know what to tell her.
    You’re actually accusing her of lying if you read the article, which we all know didn’t happen. Typical ignorant piece of shit liberal.