Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How many of these movies have you seen?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

And for the record, I picked up one of those books in like 4th or 5th grade, read a few pages and will never, ever pick it up again.

Being an old fart I read the books at an older age, so could understand the boring parts better.
    The Lampoon version is my favorite, Bored of the Rings, starring Dildo and Frito. I use those names when any conversation brings up BOTR.

But I did enjoy the books and movies which is unusual as I do not like special effects movies except for explosions and space travel
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,089
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Departed
    Memento
    Shutter Island
    Leon: The Professional
    The Usual Suspects

These five are probably not worth it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Departed
    Memento
    Shutter Island
    The Usual Suspects

4 of those 5 are great. The Professional is pretty good too.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    44 I can confidently say I’ve watched the entirety at least once. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen at least part of all 50.

I never liked Lord of the Rings but went to the first one in the theater. I’ve never paid attention for more than ten minutes of Wall-E, V for Vendetta, the LOTR sequels, Guardians, and despite attempting to watch Se7en a few times, I couldn’t.

The Avengers was the last Marvel movie I watched. Everyone told me how great it was and I was so bored, I was faking asleep in the theater, getting woken up by loud explosions every 10-15 min. That movie sucked.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,089
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Departed
    Memento
    Shutter Island
    The Usual Suspects

4 of those 5 are great. The Professional is pretty good too.
    If I haven't seen them, I highly doubt it.

All kidding aside, I'd put Good Will Hunting, The Warriors, Shooter, and the Bourne movies on the list but I didn't vote on IMDB so that's my thing. Oh, and its a travesty not one of the Fast and Furious movies made this list.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The Departed
    Memento
    Shutter Island
    The Usual Suspects

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Two things. 1) I have no life. 2) FUCK YOU WALL-E
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    47. I've never seen Wall-E or The Prestige. I had never even heard of Leon: The Professional, but it actually sounds good.

I don't think I'll ever see The Prestige. An old friend of mine who became a Coug came to visit about eight years back and couldn't stop talking about it, watched it twice on his laptop in a week. He was also so lame, a cock blocking machine. Good friend. But some people are just born uncool. If someone like that calls it their favorite movie it ruins it for me.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

47. I've never seen Wall-E or The Prestige. I had never even heard of Leon: The Professional, but it actually sounds good.

I don't think I'll ever see The Prestige. An old friend of mine who became a Coug came to visit about eight years back and couldn't stop talking about it, watched it twice on his laptop in a week. He was also so lame, a cock blocking machine. Good friend. But some people are just born uncool. If someone like that calls it their favorite movie it ruins it for me.

It's one of my favorite movies ever on the first watch but not that great on a rewatch once you know the twist, certainly couldn't watch it twice in a week.
    Agree. Epic first watch though.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven't seen but 21-24 of those - being a father I wait until my kids tell me 'it was the best movie ever'
    and then go out of my way to not see that movie.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

The Departed
    Memento
    Shutter Island
    The Usual Suspects

I did not enjoy shutter island.

Leon: The Professional. Love that movie. Underrated for sure.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

44 I can confidently say I’ve watched the entirety at least once. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen at least part of all 50.

I never liked Lord of the Rings but went to the first one in the theater. I’ve never paid attention for more than ten minutes of Wall-E, V for Vendetta, the LOTR sequels, Guardians, and despite attempting to watch Se7en a few times, I couldn’t.

The Avengers was the last Marvel movie I watched. Everyone told me how great it was and I was so bored, I was faking asleep in the theater, getting woken up by loud explosions every 10-15 min. That movie sucked.

The avengers is hot garbage. How many battle scenes can take? Inconsequential battle scenes at that. Over and over again.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pirates and Shutter Island
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

The avengers is hot garbage. How many battle scenes can take? Inconsequential battle scenes at that. Over and over again.
    Eat a 50mg edible, have a nice 22 or two, then get some beer and popcorn at the theater. That’s how you watch any Avengers movie, and they become great.

Pro-tip: they will sell you two beers at a time if whoever you’re going with gets a coke, as long as she (he?) orders it.

Pro-tip 2: if you get the Regal movie pass thing it’s great. Pays for itself if you go to more than two movies per month. And they stopped billing as soon as the lockdown happened. I would have never noticed but they just put it on hold, unlike the gym.