Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just sit back and enjoy it

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,542 Founders Club
https://foxnews.com/us/protesters-people-trapped-cars-911-fredericksburg-detroit-officers-minneapolis-trucker-provo-utah-charlottesville

Experts are confused as to what should be done when the mob surrounds your car and the police are told to stand down.

As recently as Tuesday night, a 60-year-old man, who according to police was not participating in any protest or counter-protest, was shot while trying to drive through his hometown of Provo, Utah.

But cell phone video that only captured a portion of the incident showed the driver accelerating through a crowd of protesters, with many people falling to the ground. The man was behind the wheel of his white SUV on University Avenue and attempted to turn onto Center Street when protesters began “crowding around the vehicle.”

“A male protester ran to the SUV on the passenger side, pointed a handgun at the driver, and shot one round through the window,” according to a summary of the incident by Provo Deputy Police Chief John Geyerman provided to KSL.

The driver was struck by a bullet then “hit the gas trying to leave the situation,” according to police. The gunman then ran after the SUV and fired a second-round that went through the rear passenger window. He then “conceals the firearm and continues to protest.”

Protest peacefully I am sure

In Fredericksburg, Va., a small, historic town of about 25,000 people located on the Rappahannock River, south of Washington, D.C., a woman named Tara Durant dialed 911 last month to report protesters began harassing her – and her young daughter – while driving through town running errands.

That 911 call has since been released.

“They’re on my car, alright. They’re on my car right now,” Durant tells the 911 dispatcher.

“So we would suggest you slowly drive through the area. Don’t hit anyone with your vehicle,” the dispatcher responds. To that, the woman says: “I can’t. I cannot get out of here, okay?”

The dispatcher then tells the caller: “Please be patient. I’ll let the officers know, OK?”

“Are you serious?” the woman who dialed 911 asks.

The dispatcher responds, “We can’t do anything, ma’am. The city told us this is a sanctioned event.”

“Get out of my car! You know, this is going to get dangerous. I got a kid here,” the woman shouts.

But the dispatcher only calmly replies: “Yes, ma’am. We would suggest you call up the city hall to let them know about your frustrations.”

Fredericksburg Mayor Mary Katherine Greenlaw apologized to protesters after police tried to disperse the crowd, writing “I am personally sorry. I apologize to those who went through this fearful experience.”

Comments