Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here’s another gem

“Sonics stick to being the fan with recruiting sources guy. You’re not the talent evaluator guy. I am. Stay in your lane. Your takes on recruits and their potential are terrible.”

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

anyone genuinely calling themselves a "talent evaluator" based on watching some kids hudl highlights is beyond the tard.

A big part of evaluations is not how the look when they are doing well, but how often are they out of position.... when they get beat, how bad is it... are they selfish players.. all things you don't get in a highlight video.

YES

I have been saying this for years.

All you can sort of discern from a highlight video is ceiling. What you can't see is a players floor.

You have to watch actual film to do that.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    dnc said:

anyone genuinely calling themselves a "talent evaluator" based on watching some kids hudl highlights is beyond the tard.

A big part of evaluations is not how the look when they are doing well, but how often are they out of position.... when they get beat, how bad is it... are they selfish players.. all things you don't get in a highlight video.

.....but that is hard and time consuming. Much easier to just pretend to know everything after a quick 2 minute highlight.
  • Options

dnc said:

.....but that is hard and time consuming. Much easier to just pretend to know everything after a quick 2 minute highlight.
    I’m still waiting for the first bad hudl highlight
    There was a kid a few years ago with a Hudl a little over a minute. It was just video of him sitting on the bench cheering on his teammates, except for 10 seconds where he puts on a helmet and starts running on the field thinking he's going to play and then gets held back by a coach.
    Was his name Psalm?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I’m still waiting for the first bad hudl highlight
    There was a kid a few years ago with a Hudl a little over a minute. It was just video of him sitting on the bench cheering on his teammates, except for 10 seconds where he puts on a helmet and starts running on the field thinking he's going to play and then gets held back by a coach.
    Sounds like a kid I'd want to date your daughter.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alabama has around 125 football assistants. Those numbers are few years old, but that is one of the ways the SEC stays ahead of everyone else.
  • Options
    dOgmaster said:

Alabama has around 125 football assistants. Those numbers are few years old, but that is one of the ways the SEC stays ahead of everyone else.

And they've all had COVID already
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dOgmaster said:

and syphilis and clap, but i digress
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,865
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

dOgmaster said:

and syphilis and clap, but i digress
    If we’re bashing people with syphilis and the clap then I’m out.

Also, hurtful.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dOgmaster said:

Most of them are former head coaches that are being paid by other schools that fired them.