Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like secession efforts that don't get their asses handed to them

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Does anyone speak gullible fucking moron? IC is trying to say something here but it's pretty much unintelligible gibberish.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    SFGbob said:

Does anyone speak gullible fucking moron? IC is trying to say something here but it's pretty much unintelligible gibberish.

I thought this thread was going to be about the failed CHAZ secession effort.

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Refusing to sign a bill giving troops who fight for America a raise in order to preserve the memory of troops who fought against America is an interesting strategy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MelloDawg said:

Refusing to sign a bill giving troops who fight for America a raise in order to preserve the memory of troops who fought against America is an interesting strategy.

The lengths people will go to fight for the legacy of the fucking traitors blows my mind.

Fuck em.

All of em.

And yes, my great great grandfather donned the grey and fought against America.

It ain't something to be proud of.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

The lengths people will go to fight for the legacy of the fucking traitors blows my mind.

Fuck em.

All of em.

But it's history. How else will we learn it?
    edited July 2020
    MelloDawg said:

Or, holding up military funds in order to make a social statement by changing base names is playing with their lives. Why not have a separate bill and just pay the people?

dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

Fuck em.

All of em.

But it's history. How else will we learn it?
    Sincerely, every redneck commenting on my FB celebration of my state taking down the rebel flag.

Yeah I'm still on FB, fuck off.

MelloDawg said:

Or, holding up military funds in order to make a social statement by changing base names is playing with their lives. Why not have a separate bill and just pay the people?
    Both sides suck, as always.

MelloDawg said:

Also a valid argument. If you want a bill to only be about what's in its title, however, best of luck with that.

And because I feel like each of my poasts should have some caveat, this whole Confederate statue / monument / base thing doesn't really move the needle for me. Trump could choose to die on many hills in order to rally the base, this seems like an odd one.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Also a valid argument. If you want a bill to only be about what's in its title, however, best of luck with that.

And because I feel like each of my poasts should have some caveat, this whole Confederate statue / monument / base thing doesn't really move the needle for me. Trump could choose to die on many hills in order to rally the base, this seems like an odd one.
    "the base" is not uniform on the issue

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

But they are uniform on "law and order" and he is the president of such. The tearing down of historical monuments is a sign of anarchy. I'm sure he realizes how it sounds and he'd rather NOT tie himself to the Confederacy, but someone is telling him it's a good idea to be against this sort of thing.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

But they are uniform on "law and order" and he is the president of such. The tearing down of historical monuments is a sign of anarchy. I'm sure he realizes how it sounds and he'd rather NOT tie himself to the Confederacy, but someone is telling him it's a good idea to be against this sort of thing.
    Stick to things you know

Like band camp or something

You got no clue on Trump but the left hasn't figured him out either

We'll let you in on the secret code someday

What is your in depth analysis as to why the Democrats thought it was a good idea to run an old racist with Dementia? For the base?
    edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Stick to things you know

What is your in depth analysis as to why the Democrats thought it was a good idea to run an old racist with Dementia? For the base?
    Then why speak out on the Confederate statue issue? He knows where his most passionate group of voters stand on the issue. Moreover, the "president of law and order" stigma is real, it has to be either one, the other, or both as to why he's vocal on this.

As for Biden, easiest candidate to run. Sanders/Warren are too liberal and will take your money. You know the racist tag won't stick, they'd have better luck pitching the Dementia profile. Personally, I liked Buttigieg which is absolutely no shock to you.
    edited July 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Stick to things you know

Then why speak out on the Confederate statue issue? He knows where his most passionate group of voters stand on the issue. Moreover, the "president of law and order" stigma is real, it has to be either one, the other, or both as to why he's vocal on this.

As for Biden, easiest candidate to run. Sanders/Warren are too liberal and will take your money. You know the racist tag won't stick, they'd have better luck pitching the Dementia profile. Personally, I liked Buttigieg which is absolutely no shock to you.
    Biden is a racist. The fact that it won't stick shows the complete lack of seriousness about racism by the left. And it does stick among Blacks. They may not be REAL Blacks according to Joe but then again he's a fucking racist

Keep flailing on Trump. DM me this November and I'll give you the code

I've told you before that Trump voters are just voters - not a special breed of racist trash that voted for him. Start there

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Stick to things you know

Biden is a racist. The fact that it won't stick shows the complete lack of seriousness about racism by the left. And it does stick among Blacks. They may not be REAL Blacks according to Joe but then again he's a fucking racist

Keep flailing on Trump. DM me this November and I'll give you the code

I've told you before that Trump voters are just voters - not a special breed of racist trash that voted for him. Start there
    There are conservatives who would vote for Trump just as they'd vote for Bush or McCain or Romney, sure. I do think Trump has emboldened a group of the electorate that was largely indifferent to politicians in DC for a long time, that was his whole schtick. I think Hillary and the "libs" started that fire ablaze in 2016 by patronizing them, of course, but he's run with it. Has he turned off moderates/independents the way she did back then? Time will tell.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of the black community, so I can't say if they feel he's also racist, but I'll let them decide with their vote.
    Remember in History class learning about the American colonies seceding from England and winning? Guys like Washington and Madison? OP’s party wants those statues down, too. What an abortion of a thread.
    There were plenty of colonists on the side of the King. @HHusky would have led the Tory charge
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

There were plenty of colonists on the side of the King. @HHusky would have led the Tory charge

Now that's irony coming from the "unfettered executive" wing of the know-nothing party.