Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump Retweets Video Of Apparent Supporter Saying 'White Power'

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    I'm hearing trump is a neo nazi
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,530 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020
    Alexis said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

What about the meme of him being given that one award from a black person? That's actually the most common one I see and probably better than him posing with these three.
    Maybe you can explain when he became a racist. The left loved him until he ran. Pony up a response comrade.
    I haven't invested enough time to research if/when he became one or really his platforms on race prior to becoming president (likely because he didn't need to have them) nor am I predicating my vote on that sort of thing. I think he and Biden are probably about the same: two elderly white men, probably used some racial epithets that aren't appropriate in any age, still say things that are arguably inappropriate now.

That said, Trumps acts now are what's important. If he could keep his mouth shut on Confederate monuments, his descriptions on immigrants, etc etc, he wouldn't be painted the way that he is by left leaning talking heads.
    Umm, yeah he would. They can't help themselves
    If it seems like they are teeing up the “Trump is a racist” stories each week, it’s because he’s given them easy material to spin for the headlines which is all people read anyway. Whether or not he is racist is not the point when he has the free wheeling approach to culture war rhetoric that he does.

If he approached things the way Pence does, making Trump out to be racist would be a taller task for the media.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    But Joe and his kids might be in a jungle isn't racist. Got it.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

Alexis said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

What about the meme of him being given that one award from a black person? That's actually the most common one I see and probably better than him posing with these three.
    Maybe you can explain when he became a racist. The left loved him until he ran. Pony up a response comrade.
    I haven't invested enough time to research if/when he became one or really his platforms on race prior to becoming president (likely because he didn't need to have them) nor am I predicating my vote on that sort of thing. I think he and Biden are probably about the same: two elderly white men, probably used some racial epithets that aren't appropriate in any age, still say things that are arguably inappropriate now.

That said, Trumps acts now are what's important. If he could keep his mouth shut on Confederate monuments, his descriptions on immigrants, etc etc, he wouldn't be painted the way that he is by left leaning talking heads.
    If it seems like they are teeing up the “Trump is a racist” stories each week, it’s because he’s given them easy material to spin for the headlines which is all people read anyway. Whether or not he is racist is not the point when he has the free wheeling approach to culture war rhetoric that he does.

If he approached things the way Pence does, making Trump out to be racist would be a taller task for the media.
    Pence won’t have solo meetings with women who identify as women without a third person there. You Leftists already tried to make him resign for it and the #MeToo was the narrative so it went away.
    Sledog said:

But Joe and his kids might be in a jungle isn't racist. Got it.

Weird. I’m pretty sure I said that Biden has said things that can be construed as racist, including the racial jungle comment.

I mean, I realize the tone of the post was critical of Trump so the easy thing to do is lump me in with a liberal echo chamber.
    edited June 2020

MelloDawg said:

Alexis said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

Pence won’t have solo meetings with women who identify as women without a third person there. You Leftists already tried to make him resign for it and the #MeToo was the narrative so it went away.
    That’s a bit of a non sequitur. Left leaning media would have a tougher time spinning the “Trump is stoking racial tensions” if he didn’t do it to himself. If supporters of his think that his comments on racial issues are innocuous and might not mandate an eyebrow raise, then reasonable conversations on his rhetoric can’t be had.

They’d still try to make a story out of it though, sure.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Okay...and?

Context?

The President of the United States retweeted a video of a supporter shouting "White Power". In what context does that become acceptable?
    All, dumbass. Even if meant sincerely, which it obviously wasn't in that context, hate speech is protected free speech.

Most aren't triggered or crushed by stupid remarks. That you are is pathetic, but unsurprising.

Snowflake.
    It's fine if he wants to post that shit but he and his supporters can't turn around and bitch about being called a racist. Fucking own it then. Can't have it both ways.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

Okay...and?

Context?

The President of the United States retweeted a video of a supporter shouting "White Power". In what context does that become acceptable?
    All, dumbass. Even if meant sincerely, which it obviously wasn't in that context, hate speech is protected free speech.

Most aren't triggered or crushed by stupid remarks. That you are is pathetic, but unsurprising.

Snowflake.
    It's fine if he wants to post that shit but he and his supporters can't turn around and bitch about being called a racist. Fucking own it then. Can't have it both ways.
    Jesus, this was a stupid gaffe and part of why people admit Trump can't get out of his own fucking way but gtfo of here if you think you've got any integrity on the issue. Biden has a sustained history of racist remarks you have no interest in admitting even exist. I can at least take Mello seriously since he doesn’t full on gulp the kool-aid like a greedy sub.

Okay...and?

Context?

Snowflake.
    The video points put the POS lefties much better.

Comrade.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Okay...and?

Context?

Snowflake.
    Jesus, this was a stupid gaffe and part of why people admit Trump can't get out of his own fucking way but gtfo of here if you think you've got any integrity on the issue. Biden has a sustained history of racist remarks you have no interest in admitting even exist. I can at least take Mello seriously since he doesn’t full on gulp the kool-aid like a greedy sub.
    When your only defense is "the other guy once said something racist too" you know you're only the losing side of the debate.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Okay...and?

Context?

Snowflake.
    When your only defense is "the other guy once said something racist too" you know you're only the losing side of the debate.
    Biden voters are racist according to your measure

Once said

Right
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,650 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Alexis said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

That’s a bit of a non sequitur. Left leaning media would have a tougher time spinning the “Trump is stoking racial tensions” if he didn’t do it to himself. If supporters of his think that his comments on racial issues are innocuous and might not mandate an eyebrow raise, then reasonable conversations on his rhetoric can’t be had.

They’d still try to make a story out of it though, sure.
    Your raised eyebrow is another man's yeah he's an odd man.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

I'm hearing trump is a neo nazi

No. Your way, way off. He called actual Nazis Fine People.

That's how the eardrums of TDS sufferers made it sound, anyway.

Okay...and?

Context?

Snowflake.
    Is a black guy a racist when he calls another black guy a N-Word?

Is a white guy a racist when he says "white power" to another white guy who's asking him - a veteran - where's your white hood?

Please virtue signal your answer ASAP. Thanks.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

Okay...and?

Context?

Snowflake.
    Lol "once". Still trying to carry water.
    But......

.....what if Obama had tweeted a guy yelling “Black Power”?
    edited June 2020
    MelloDawg said:

But......

The MSM would've explained it away as "hyperbole" and sucked him off for being such a great family man.

I'm surprised you even have to ask that question.

Live more.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,650 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

But......

He didn't?
    MelloDawg said:

But......

What if Obama spied on the opposition candidate illegally?

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

But......

He'd have fucked up the Chappelle bit.