Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mississippi State House passes a resolution to begin the process to change the state's flag

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    Tell your buddies at the Lincoln Project
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Tell your buddies at the Lincoln Project

Rick Wilson is outraged!
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Found out what they are changing it to ICD

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    thechatch said:

Honestly, this is a change I think is overdue. I find the historical and artistic significance of monuments to confederate soldiers, who fought under orders, much more palatable than the battle flag of the confederacy flying on the state capital, where the livelihoods of all citizens are affected on a daily basis, but that’s just me. In the end, it’s all just symbolism, though.

I don’t really GAF about other states outside of the Pacific NW but this is top-notch symbolism and good for them to change it. It’s at least visible.
    Found out what they are changing it to ICD

thechatch said:

Honestly, this is a change I think is overdue. I find the historical and artistic significance of monuments to confederate soldiers, who fought under orders, much more palatable than the battle flag of the confederacy flying on the state capital, where the livelihoods of all citizens are affected on a daily basis, but that’s just me. In the end, it’s all just symbolism, though.

Symbolism. Good reference.

Outdated? Sure.

Heritage and lineage? It’s there. Call it pride, hardheaded, nostalgic, no good, or whatever.

Guess like slavery, it’s still sore.

Sore subject all the same.

No one flies a confederate flag for suppression. But for the south, in general.
    HTH

Mississippi is a great place.

I dgaf what @dnc says.

Fucker needs to move back NW from his posts I’ve seen all the degrading.

Can’t stand assholes that complain about their state and move to another state and impose their dumbass shit they came from to that state. Happens all the tine in FL.. That’s FL. GTFO here with that shit faggot.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    SECDAWG said:

HTH

I dgaf what @dnc says.

Can’t stand assholes that complain about their state and move to another state and impose their dumbass shit they came from to that state. Happens all the tine in FL.. That’s FL. GTFO here with that shit faggot.

Kind of like Californians ruining(insert state west of the Mississip)....
    thechatch said:

SECDAWG said:

HTH

I dgaf what @dnc says.

Kind of like Californians ruining(insert state west of the Mississip)....
    Folks went west, to the coast on the greatest state to look and see gold
    And desert and mountains. Look at it now. Fukn hell hole.

History defining history. I have no Fucks to giv and no one else here.

I don’t wanna hear about another Fukn thing about the MS Flag. Nothing. Had a hammer here don’t even know what his state flag looks like..

You Fukn kiddin me?? I served. Flag means everything. And MY state. I’m may change and I have said, agree.

But a no good fuck that has no idea what their own banner is is less than a FS. IMO. Send em.

IOW, ICD, get MS out you mouth.

We have enough problems. Flag is minor. You keep on and I will accommodate yo gimblet ass.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SECDAWG said:

HTH

I dgaf what @dnc says.

Misssissippi is great place. I agree.

It's about to get even better.

And it's not outsiders doing this, it's Mississippians.

Good for them.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Mississippi can do what it wants