Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Only been hearing this narrative for 20+ years.

I’m in my 40s so it’s 30 years for me. This tim the self-absorbed youngsters on iPhones make a difference!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

If only they can navigate the troubled waters of registration and actually voting

Its hard

That's why we need to enact the Rats plan to register everyone automatically and then allow Democrat party members to collect their ballots.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

If only they can navigate the troubled waters of registration and actually voting

Its hard

If the Dems wanted to be diabolical and could get away with it, have voting done with phone apps.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter
    I grew up in the 1960s and generally in my peer group everyone was pretty interested in politics. I was basically Alex P. Keaton without the briefcase. Lots of bleeding heart liberals and anti-Vietnamers. About half of those were pro communist and the other half just wanted the US out. The huge anti-Vietnam rallies make anything that BLM and antifa have put together look like a Slo Joe rally. What strikes me about my kids and their friends is the complete antipathy to anything political in that they just don't want to know about any political issue. Just go with the flow. Tell a 25 year old that BLM is a pro-communist organization that is using a few black deaths to promote the end of capitalism and total federal control of country in all matters, they will think that you are a nutter and are lying. They just assume that since they are nice people, anyone with BLM is also a nice person. Ask the most basic question about the fraud of global warming and you get platitudes. Just like asking a leftard to define black for AA purposes. For most of the left, AA is a core position. They just don't want to deal with any of the niceties.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997

Its hard

We need to make it easier on them. This generation has had it so rough. Is there an app for that?

If this were true Bernie wouldn't have gotten waxed by Joe.

White kids under 35 went for Bernie - which what I was posting about. Bernie got creamed by older whites, blacks and hispanics.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

If this were true Bernie wouldn't have gotten waxed by Joe.

White kids under 35 went for Bernie - which what I was posting about. Bernie got creamed by older whites, blacks and hispanics.
    They didn't think Bernie could win that's why Bernie lost. The party got everyone else to drop out after Biden won South Carolina and put the full weight of the party behind Plugs.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,531 Founders Club
    People under 30 don't GAF
    Seems like a lot of young rioters for BLM and antifa do.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    When I was in my twenties, I DGAF about politics. I cared about making money and partying on the weekend.

When I was in my thirties, and I actually started to make money, I started caring about politics, solely from the standpoint of tax policy.

In my 40s, I care a lot about politics, both for taxes, but equally because I want a stable and safe environment to raise a family in, and I understand wholly that it is dangerous to allow people in their twenties to drive that discussion, because those people are inexperienced in life and don’t know anything outside of what they want or feel in that moment.

Look at it this way. Would you want a 27yo making decisions for you in your every day life? Of course not. They’re morons, and they have little investment in institutions like family and community. Well, right now, they are absolutely driving the political and social discussion, and it is having an effect on all of us.

The good thing about young people is that they can be relied upon to not bother to show up and actually vote, because it’s hard, apparently. If voting can ever be done through Instagram, this country is fucked.