Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Captain Obvious Here - The problem with Inslee's Metrics for Phases...

2»

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    My liberal snowflake friends are whipped up into a froth right now over the spike in cases so the propaganda machine is doing it's magic. They don't want to hear any of what I have to say about numbers that really matter. People have lost their fucking minds.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    Trump's Oklahoma Rally made everyone in California and Florida sick, Goddamnit!

Why won't you believe Don Lemon & Co?
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    The left weaponized the Trump speaking point about increased tests equaling increased cases. I've had two long conversations in the last day expressing that its a fact, and not just Trump trying to avoid the stupid notion that any politician is responsible for a virus spreading. What we should be worrying about is if the number of tests returning positive increased to >10%. Current positive tests have been consistent, even with more testing, at 6% of those tested.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,240 Swaye's Wigwam

The left weaponized the Trump speaking point about increased tests equaling increased cases. I've had two long conversations in the last day expressing that its a fact, and not just Trump trying to avoid the stupid notion that any politician is responsible for a virus spreading. What we should be worrying about is if the number of tests returning positive increased to >10%. Current positive tests have been consistent, even with more testing, at 6% of those tested.

Heard others say this but it doesn’t make logical sense to me. Trying to figure out what I’m missing. Why would the % positive rate matter at all?

I could see that it would if we are doing true random testing. In fact we are doing the complete opposite of random testing, even more so now with this contact tracing happening.