Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hayward Field Construction complete- University Officially takes Possession

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,463
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

I remember sitting in Hayward field as a high school senior while Bellotti gave some contractually obligated speech thinking, "God this school is white trash. Thank God I grew up north of the river."

Really? Even with CHOP owning your city? Sorry but the game is over and Seattle won. Your town might not be white trash, but we can smell your city’s fish stench down here. At least you guys have Spirit Fox.
    The funny thing is you don't see Eugene doing the same eventually.
    The sad thing is you're bagging on Oregon solely because your own football team sucks.

Imagine what happens to this loser piece of shit if Oregon goes on another 10 football ass reaming of UW.
    Lol you think I bag on Oregon because of UW's apathy alone and not my own personal experiences being a CTO in Portland watching your alums draw stick figures for me w crayons?
    Haie honest question because I’ve learned to appreciate you—why do you live in Portland if you haiete it such much?
    I love Portland. It's made me a fuck ton and UO and Beavlets love football and want to talk about it even in the e commerce space. I hire a lot of Cuogs too that will mix it in from time to time.

Portland is low-key football heaven if you love west coast football. When people aren't shitting in front of your building.

In November I went on this rant to multiple companies we partner with that Oregon was going to beat Utah by at least 2-4 points. Some companies we partner with are full on Ute and thought I was just being bitter from our game. People were perplexed, but I was right. Made beavlet, cuoglet, quook some money and got a lot of free drinks off of it. Successful quooks understand me, they don't shit themselves like @SFGbob

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

I remember sitting in Hayward field as a high school senior while Bellotti gave some contractually obligated speech thinking, "God this school is white trash. Thank God I grew up north of the river."

Really? Even with CHOP owning your city? Sorry but the game is over and Seattle won. Your town might not be white trash, but we can smell your city’s fish stench down here. At least you guys have Spirit Fox.
    The sad thing is you're bagging on Oregon solely because your own football team sucks.

Imagine what happens to this loser piece of shit if Oregon goes on another 10 football ass reaming of UW.
    Lol you think I bag on Oregon because of UW's apathy alone and not my own personal experiences being a CTO in Portland watching your alums draw stick figures for me w crayons?
    No, I think you're a fucking loser who bags on Oregon because your chosen football team sucks so much. Unlike you there's no dick in my mouth, what I'm saying should be clear to everyone but a fucking moron.

Tell me more about that UW superiority you fucking loser.
    Chosen football team? Lol graduated computer science from UW you fucking loser.

UW sucks? Big talk after being 2018 UW and beating your chest for drawing NOT the B1Gs team and really the top 3 program in the country.

Sour grapes? Sure. Admit it. No problem with that. But as someone talking to multiple UO alums serving me beer in 2016 I can tell you, the Pac 12 is more competitive than you think and this, "Were rolling now" after one season is FS, even for a school that attracts recruits that don't want to play school.
    Oh so you didn't choose to be a fan of UW's football team? You were forced to be a fan? My condolences.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

Haie honest question because I’ve learned to appreciate you—why do you live in Portland if you haiete it such much?
    I love Portland. It's made me a fuck ton and UO and Beavlets love football and want to talk about it even in the e commerce space. I hire a lot of Cuogs too that will mix it in from time to time.

Portland is low-key football heaven if you love west coast football. When people aren't shitting in front of your building.

In November I went on this rant to multiple companies we partner with that Oregon was going to beat Utah by at least 2-4 points. Some companies we partner with are full on Ute and thought I was just being bitter from our game. People were perplexed, but I was right. Made beavlet, cuoglet, quook some money and got a lot of free drinks off of it. Successful quooks understand me, they don't shit themselves like @SFGbob

Seriously, cool story bro
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

They haven’t attempted it in Eugene yet, but Portland sure isn’t putting up with that shit. I’m happy they finally nutted up. It’s a shame Seattle got castrated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/katu.com/amp/news/local/autonomous-zone-established-outside-portland-mayors-apartment
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Portland is a great town.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020

You must be an ignorant nutjob lib that doesn’t have a clue about Portland and doesn’t have to live here I would guess. What do you find so great about Portland? Be specific please. I know Portland and every neighborhood in it better than anyone I have ever met. Not brag just fact.

Mind you this is my hometown and it still sucks.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

You must be an ignorant nutjob lib that doesn’t have a clue about Portland and doesn’t have to live here I would guess. What do you find so great about Portland? Be specific please. I know Portland and every neighborhood in it better than anyone I have ever met. Not brag just fact.

TIL creepy is a nutjob lib
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

It's a city that still exists on a human scale. There are real neighborhoods that adjoin the downtown. Great parks nearby. The riverfront, decent old and interested architecture, rows of restaurants on what feel like neighborhood streets (what people in Seattle now drive to Ballard to experience), a really underrated food and bar scene. IDK, what don't you like about it that doesn't have to do with politics?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can honestly not imagine giving a fuck about T&F beyond the 10 seconds every 4 years I watch the men's 100m Olympic final.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

DJDuck said:

It's a city that still exists on a human scale. There are real neighborhoods that adjoin the downtown. Great parks nearby. The riverfront, decent old and interested architecture, rows of restaurants on what feel like neighborhood streets (what people in Seattle now drive to Ballard to experience), a really underrated food and bar scene. IDK, what don't you like about it that doesn't have to do with politics?
    Brainwashed near retard level IQ right wingers like him don't like rivers, or restaurants, or bars, or neighborhoods, or parks, or architecture. Can you imagine the city of Portland putting FLUORIDE in their water? Leftist conspiracy to chem trail the population via its drinking supply.
  • Options
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Brainwashed near retard level IQ right wingers like him don't like rivers, or restaurants, or bars, or neighborhoods, or parks, or architecture. Can you imagine the city of Portland putting FLUORIDE in their water? Leftist conspiracy to chem trail the population via its drinking supply.
    Lolz. I laffed. I literally know people who would argue for 10 straight hours over fluoride if you let them.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

DJDuck said:

If you can get past the smell of urine and shit, Portland is great!!

Take a couple week trip to Scottsdale then come back to Portland. You’ll probably throw up within 15 minutes of being back home.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Portland is a city run by hypocrites. Those neighborhoods have winners and losers. Where the Democrat elites favor life is great. SE neighborhoods like Foster-Powell, Lents, Brentwood Darlington, Arleta, Rockwood etc. and all of felony flats are forgotten with horrible pothole streets, failing schools and crime rates higher than other favored parts of the city.

At the same time where many Elite Democrat politicians Live in the Pearl the people that bought condos there were given a break on their property taxes.

The main Anchor High School in SE Portland, Marshall even though one of the newest was chosen to close. SE Portland kids have to be bused to Franklin, Cleveland or other schools.

Why vote in Portland. The North-South light rail was turned down twice by the voters of Portland and Vancouver. Democrat Elites gave the voters the middle finger and built it anyway.

Our taxes are continually used illegally for things they weren’t meant for. They used CITY sewer funds to fund Portland Public Schools which isn’t administered by the city.

Portland passed it’s own gas tax and only a small portion goes to roads. I’m sure none of the roads in SE Portland will be fixed before the planned bike paths are finished which will be never.

Portland has a patina of civility covering bigotry, bias and favoritism towards the liberal well healed.

Portland used to be the 2nd leading dry goods port on the West Coast. Because of strikes and lack of imagination and support by politicians it is a shadow of it’s former self.

This is only touching the surface why I can’t stand my hometown.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Everyone has their own opinion and I respect yours however many opinions are based on either lack of knowledge or different priorities. For instance I don’t give a damn about any city’s restaurant or bar “scene”. I know the best restaurants and bars in Portland and none of them are probably in “the scene”.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

If you can get past the smell of urine and shit, Portland is great!!

Take a couple week trip to Scottsdale then come back to Portland. You’ll probably throw up within 15 minutes of being back home.
    Seattle and Portland both have homeless problems that, over the last few years, have become out of control. Same with San Francisco. They are nonetheless great cities.

Scottsdale is fine; I could never spend two weeks there though.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I could easily be immune to all this hypocrisy and bias but it just doesn’t sit right with us and I don’t care whether it happens in other cities.

We could just ignore it because we are blessed to live in one of the great parts of the city which is wonderful for families. We live in Vermont Hills (Hayhurst Neighborhood) where I actually grew up. Washington County and Beaverton are only a few blocks away. Alpenrose Dairy is only a block away. It doesn’t feel like you live in a city here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

I could easily be immune to all this hypocrisy and bias but it just doesn’t sit right with us and I don’t care whether it happens in other cities.

We could just ignore it because we are blessed to live in one of the great parts of the city which is wonderful for families. We live in Vermont Hills (Hayhurst Neighborhood) where I actually grew up. Washington County and Beaverton are only a few blocks away. Alpenrose Dairy is only a block away. It doesn’t feel like you live in a city here.

NOC
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect yours however many opinions are based on either lack of knowledge or different priorities. For instance I don’t give a damn about any city’s restaurant or bar “scene”. I know the best restaurants and bars in Portland and none of them are probably in “the scene”.

Well, yeah, I don't live there so those issues aren't top of mind for me. I'm just telling you it's a city I've historically liked when visiting. And there are always winners and losers in American society. I can't think of a city I like that doesn't have shit-hole parts of town. Seattle has a lot of the same issues you outline; and while I live here and a lot of them bother me, it's still a great city by my measure. As you said, it's about priorities. There are some redeeming qualities to Memphis, but the bad far outweighs the good, for me, so I don't score that place very highly. Depends on what you care about.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

Well, yeah, I don't live there so those issues aren't top of mind for me. I'm just telling you it's a city I've historically liked when visiting. And there are always winners and losers in American society. I can't think of a city I like that doesn't have shit-hole parts of town. Seattle has a lot of the same issues you outline; and while I live here and a lot of them bother me, it's still a great city by my measure. As you said, it's about priorities. There are some redeeming qualities to Memphis, but the bad far outweighs the good, for me, so I don't score that place very highly. Depends on what you care about.
    FUCK OFF
  • Options
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

FUCK OFF
    I will acknowledge that it appears to be a place where it's very easy to live like a fat cat. That's appealing.