Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Washington Football Flag Design Concept Looks Amazing

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

According to u/toms47, the purple bars are meant to represent the three iconic bodies of water that surround the University of Washington's campus: Union Bay (East), Portage Bay (West), and Montlake Cut (South). These three features reflected in the flag design also signify Washington's status as one of the nation's 33 Sea Grant colleges.

The purple bars also combine to form a block-letter "W" at the bottom, while the centered star represents Washington's additional status as a Space Grant college.

there, i save you from clicking on a fanduel article.

The satire has blended in so seamlessly I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Is Fan Duel the sports version of the Onion now?
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

According to u/toms47, the purple bars are meant to represent the three iconic bodies of water that surround the University of Washington's campus: Union Bay (East), Portage Bay (West), and Montlake Cut (South). These three features reflected in the flag design also signify Washington's status as one of the nation's 33 Sea Grant colleges.

The purple bars also combine to form a block-letter "W" at the bottom, while the centered star represents Washington's additional status as a Space Grant college.

Wait, is this not satire?
    That's not supposed to be the ass end of a certain mascot?!

I mean, it even has No Balls, and Jimmy is in charge now, so I just assumed this was a Coog/Duck troll job. Gotta check the IP/stay woke, you know?

Huh. TIL.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Wait, is this not satire?
    That's not supposed to be the ass end of a certain mascot?!

I mean, it even has No Balls, and Jimmy is in charge now, so I just assumed this was a Coog/Duck troll job. Gotta check the IP/stay woke, you know?

Huh. TIL.
    I honestly have no idea. I thought the sea and space grant remarks were obvious jokes, but those are apparently real things.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Remove the purple bars and the star then we can talk.

Bars are a representation of prison. And prisons are a tool of oppression. Don't even get me started on the hate spread by men with stars.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not every hero wears a cape.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    For the record, I think it looks like crap
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like the asshole of a dog
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020
    Jen still plans on sending each ticket-holder a flat likeness of themself in their respective seat?