Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rank our position groups

Offense - B/C: This grade all depends on the QB here so that why I listed two grades. A lot of unknowns here but from a talent perspective we have a lot of weapons on paper. Donovan is obviously a big question mark here but from a scheme standpoint, if we stick to running a "dumbed down" offense that allows our best athletes to get on the field I would assume our offense takes a step forward.
QB - B/C: I'm assuming Sirmon is going to start. Obviously speculative but I think there is plenty to like from watching his HS film and looking at his athleticism and arm strength. The entire offense hinges on his ability to be productive and not throw picks.
OL - B: Our best 5 look to be Kirkland, Bain, Ale, Wattenburg and Fautanu with plenty of others who will be in the rotation. A lot of unknowns but, on paper, plenty of talent.
WR - B: Puka, Ty Jones, Spiker, Bynum, Osbourne with some younger guys who could/should come in and impress if our offensive scheme is what it claims to be.
TE - B+: Otton is the premier guy here but plenty of other young guys who, on paper, should be able to come in and contribute.

Defense - B+: Coach K back at the helm, tons of starters returning. I would give this position group and A but the linebackers are a question mark.
DL - B+: The entire DL rotation comes back from last year plus a bunch of young, talented guys to start mixing in.
LB - C+: Bob Gregory is still the coach so for all we know we'll have walk-ons playing the first half of the season but, on paper, plenty of young talent. Throwing Tryon in here who everyone expects to take the step to being an elite player but, at this point, it's all pretty much just "potential" for him.
DB - A: Tons of talent. I honestly think this position group could be up there with the 2016 group in terms of raw talent. This group has better depth than 2016.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020
    Offense - D (How can the overall offense be some much worse than its parts you ask? See Donovan, John.)
    QB - C
    OL - B
    WR - B
    TE - A-

Defense - B-
    DL - B+:
    LB - C-
    DB - A:
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You people still care about this ?

Lol
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Offense - B/C: This grade all depends on the QB here so that why I listed two grades. A lot of unknowns here but from a talent perspective we have a lot of weapons on paper. Donovan is obviously a big question mark here but from a scheme standpoint, if we stick to running a "dumbed down" offense that allows our best athletes to get on the field I would assume our offense takes a step forward.
    QB - B/C: I'm assuming Sirmon is going to start. Obviously speculative but I think there is plenty to like from watching his HS film and looking at his athleticism and arm strength. The entire offense hinges on his ability to be productive and not throw picks.
    OL - B: Our best 5 look to be Kirkland, Bain, Ale, Wattenburg and Fautanu with plenty of others who will be in the rotation. A lot of unknowns but, on paper, plenty of talent.
    WR - B: Puka, Ty Jones, Spiker, Bynum, Osbourne with some younger guys who could/should come in and impress if our offensive scheme is what it claims to be.
    TE - B+: Otton is the premier guy here but plenty of other young guys who, on paper, should be able to come in and contribute.

Defense - B+: Coach K back at the helm, tons of starters returning. I would give this position group and A but the linebackers are a question mark.
    DL - B+: The entire DL rotation comes back from last year plus a bunch of young, talented guys to start mixing in.
    LB - C+: Bob Gregory is still the coach so for all we know we'll have walk-ons playing the first half of the season but, on paper, plenty of young talent. Throwing Tryon in here who everyone expects to take the step to being an elite player but, at this point, it's all pretty much just "potential" for him.
    DB - A: Tons of talent. I honestly think this position group could be up there with the 2016 group in terms of raw talent. This group has better depth than 2016.

Wow, based on this we’re rose bowl bound for sure.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020

Offense - C: Donovan. Nuff said on that
    QB - C-: Sirmon has 4 years of suspect HS performance under his
    belt and a few meaningless snaps. His HS team didn’t elect the #2 pocket passer a captain. Let that sink in. Morris has a slightly better arm than Browning and will throw a lot of picks. Garbers has 4 years of HS under his belt and might be the best of the three. If he starts, Sirmon leaves, leaving us with two scholarship QBs with only 4 yrs of HS under their belt.
    OL B-: Kirkland, Bain, Murao, Wattenburg and Curne. Position changes and new players step in. Expect growing pains.
    RB’s C+: A nice stable of solid, unspectacular backs. Dick Newton runs angry. Is he a 100+ a game horse or just a goal line/short yardage hero? Little Sean Mcgrew runs hard. He’s 5’5” and Boner plays him sparingly. Cam Davis is supposedly good. Kamari Pleasant is a warm body and apparently an OKG. Sunday may be a no show. Sam Adams likes trains and I’m not talking Amtrak, Burlington Northern, or Union Pacific. Donovan.
    WR B-: Fuller and Baciella...Now Bynum, Puka, Spiker, and McMillan. Maybe Ozzy. Ty Jones, so far is a pussy. Maybe he’s not. Until he isn’t, he is. This is the most talented bunch going back to the Rick days of Reggie, ET, et all. Then again, we sat our precocious youngsters in lieu of undersized, under talented upperclassmen. John Donovan.
    TE - B-: Otton. Good TE. Game changer? Mmm, not for me. I like Redmond. John Donovan.

Defense - B+: New, old Cordinator. Same scheme. New or same attitude. The stain of Kyler Manu lingers. The specter of Bob Gregory looms heavy over Montlake. Fuck.
    DL - B+: An embarrassment of riches. While I’m not ready to crown their asses as the next Vita and Gainsey (swoon) The talent is there, and the room is deeper than ever.
    LB - C-: Bob Gregory. Fuck off. Again. I love Eddie. Bob Gregory is still on staff, received a raise, and an extra year. Tryon: consistent force or Jekyl and Hyde? Can he bring the wood every game? If so, this unit moves up. Calvert and Hemuli. Sirmon and Tafisi. Wouldn’t shock me if Calvert and Hemuli leave. Bob Gregory.
    DB - B+: McDuffie. Taylor moves back to corner, where he belongs. The game should slow down for My Asa and Cam Williams. Will Kyler Gordon’s ELITE athleticism translate to the field? If so, this squad might be ELITE. They’re still young, lets see it, first.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

Offense:
    Against teams with no pulse - B+
    Against teams with pulse - F

Defense:
    Against teams with no pulse - A+
    Against teams with pulse - B-

Zero point zero