Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael Jordan on His Favorite Smokes & Visiting Cuba

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where does MJ stand politically?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hate when rich people tell me their favorite smokes because I usually can't afford to try them and super high end shit is never sold as singles.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I hate when rich people tell me their favorite smokes because I usually can't afford to try them and super high end shit is never sold as singles.

Only $469 for a box of 25!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

@UW_Doog_Bot @Swaye have you guysm had a pre embargo Cuban? I had know idea they were still available and could be stored for that long.

I have not. They can be stored almost forever if done correctly, but I've talked to some long time cigar guys who claim that beyond a certain point they start losing flavor. There is a sweet spot to old issue cigars (I'm not rich enough to know those details) beyond which they go downhill.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

@UW_Doog_Bot @Swaye have you guysm had a pre embargo Cuban? I had know idea they were still available and could be stored for that long.

I have not. They can be stored almost forever if done correctly, but I've talked to some long time cigar guys who claim that beyond a certain point they start losing flavor. There is a sweet spot to old issue cigars (I'm not rich enough to know those details) beyond which they go downhill.
    As a fellow pour I haven’t either. I don’t think I’ve ever smoked a cigar north of $20.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

As a fellow pour I haven’t either. I don’t think I’ve ever smoked a cigar north of $20.
    I have done that. Had some nice 30 buck stuff on rare occasions. But there is shit that goes for 2 grand + a box. 100 bucks a pop. Some of the vintage stuff goes MUCH higher at auction. MJ can buy that shit. Not me.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I have done that. Had some nice 30 buck stuff on rare occasions. But there is shit that goes for 2 grand + a box. 100 bucks a pop. Some of the vintage stuff goes MUCH higher at auction. MJ can buy that shit. Not me.
    I've smoked some expensive cigars but yeah, probably the best I've smoked were cubans that I used to get illegally across the border but with the exchange rate what it was they weren't even that pricey compared to what I'll spend on something less good today.

Generally, it's like wine, I can definitely tell a $100 bottle from a $20 bottle but I don't have that kind of splash cash to fuck about with except when I'm really being an asshole.

I also prefer finding deals on nice things like the cubans above anyways. Marginal value economics guysm.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Figuratively speaking, or do you mean actual cigar? I mean, $20 is $20.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    My only experience with cigars that left an impression was the '82 ASU game. UW was 8-1, ASU was 9-0 and one win away from their first-ever Rose Bowl. The game was at Sun Devil Stadium but wasn't on TV, if you can believe it. My dad and I listened to Bob Rondeau on KOMO in my dad's den. I was so nervous and jacked up that my hands were pouring with sweat and I distinctly remember my dad smoking a cigar during the game and the pungent smell of tobacco was nice.

Huskies won 17-13.

(Lost to Cuog a week later and ended up in the Aloha Bowl).
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605

My only experience with cigars that left an impression was the '82 ASU game. UW was 8-1, ASU was 9-0 and one win away from their first-ever Rose Bowl. The game was at Sun Devil Stadium but wasn't on TV, if you can believe it. My dad and I listened to Bob Rondeau on KOMO in my dad's den. I was so nervous and jacked up that my hands were pouring with sweat and I distinctly remember my dad smoking a cigar during the game and the pungent smell of tobacco was nice.

Huskies won 17-13.

(Lost to Cuog a week later and ended up in the Aloha Bowl).

Hey fuck you derek
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Mele Kalikimaka mother fucker.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine back to back losses to the Cuogs costing the Rose Bowl in the internet era
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    Only one man smokes like a badass. @Swaye needs a hiding place

https://youtu.be/DklAU4GNpxA
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Imagine back to back losses to the Cuogs costing the Rose Bowl in the internet era

You’ve cost us many more. Even ‘82 and ‘83 didn’t make up for ‘81.