Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why should I vote FOR Biden

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,336 Founders Club

It's been the Throbber's lifelong dream to be a serf to the Chinese Overlords.

Many a Hardcore Husky poster loves using the word "overlords" in their sentences.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

I'll check back. Extra credit if your answer doesn't mention Trump

YOU? shouldn't. I agree with Damone ... he's going to drag the REAL POTUS in with him as VPOTUS, and that would likely be a bigger shit show than he would be.

Even if somehow he didn't do that and managed to serve 4 years, I can't think of a single reason to vote for Biden. I've never liked or hated him. I just have a sense he'd make a terrible President, and I shudder to think about what a real left winger would do with a Congress behind him as pay back for 4 years of Trump. The over-swing would be historically bad.
    I’ve been very concerned from what post-Trump looks like.
    The AOC wing of the party will be running the show.
    Please, no.
    That's been Peter Schiff's prediction for some tim.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    1. He has more experience on how to get things done in Washington than about any candidate in our lifetime.
    2. For free trade
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter

1. He has more experience on how to get things done in Washington than about any candidate in our lifetime.
    2. For free trade

Does that include or exclude the kickbacks to Hunter?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter

2. For free trade

Yet he's done nothing.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    edited June 2020

2. For free trade

Explains why he got so much done in his 30 plus years in Washington.

Other than getting his relations rich, what exactly did Biden do during his time in office?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Biden only won the primary because the Dems over saturated themselves with center left candidates, and because he was the predominant first choice of black voters (over 50%). Klob, Pete, and Biden all split votes and siphoned support from each other in the early primaries, which opened the door for Bernie to gain momentum. Warren stupidly positioned herself between the two sides and had no chance.

But the Bernie/AOC progressive wing of the party had a ceiling of around 40% of primary voters. They’re definitely the loudest online and best at getting social media clout points, but that clearly didn’t translate into actual voters. It was a rude awakening for them to realize that old people still dominate voter turnout, even on the left.

Klob and Pete realized that al their support would go to Biden is they bowed out, or Bernie would win if they stayed in. And that’s exactly what happened. I think had either Pete or Klob not ran, the other would be the nominee right now.

Tl;dr, no one really wanted Biden as their first choice but the center left (still the majority of the party) preferred him to Bernie
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Because kids love his hairy legs. Why would you deny the kids?

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

YOU? shouldn't. I agree with Damone ... he's going to drag the REAL POTUS in with him as VPOTUS, and that would likely be a bigger shit show than he would be.

Even if somehow he didn't do that and managed to serve 4 years, I can't think of a single reason to vote for Biden. I've never liked or hated him. I just have a sense he'd make a terrible President, and I shudder to think about what a real left winger would do with a Congress behind him as pay back for 4 years of Trump. The over-swing would be historically bad.
    so refreshingly true. I just think you might be able to convince me to vote D for the first time in my life some day with that kind of honesty
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    You should vote for Biden because he won't be on the ballot and then no matter who wins you can say "don't blame me, I voted for Biden"