Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pre-emptive fuck off to Trump

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    They did it to themselves.

They kept claiming they were a forum under forum rules then changed to editorial control of content.

PUBLISHER

oops!

They were warned.
    I’m sure Twitter will do fine as an electronic newspaper.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has called out Twitter for attaching a fact check to a tweet from President Trump, telling Fox News' Dana Perino that privately-owned digital platforms should not act as the "arbiter of truth."

I don't see this ending well but it probably will. The hypocrisy by Twitter is staggering against the over reach by Trump which is easily over turned
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,064
    Appealing to the base, nothing more, as most EOs generally do when looking at the language. It’ll get gummed up in court as most do.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Headfake aimed at the TDS crowd. Special delivery from the Troll in Chief.

A Nothingburger on whole wheat.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So the President rails against fake news since we've known him, but when he's called out on his own fake news he whines like a baby. Pretty much a nothingburger when it come to this clown.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I will RTFEO before calling him a bitch but I like my odds that i will be calling him a bitch
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has called out Twitter for attaching a fact check to a tweet from President Trump, telling Fox News' Dana Perino that privately-owned digital platforms should not act as the "arbiter of truth."

I don't see this ending well but it probably will. The hypocrisy by Twitter is staggering against the over reach by Trump which is easily over turned

Zuckerberg seems to be casting stones while living in a glass house. Doesn't facebook police content now?
    It's for your own good bigot
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Zuckerberg seems to be casting stones while living in a glass house. Doesn't facebook police content now?
    The hypocrisy the humanity the something

Another 48 hours of all Trump all the time
    lott

So the President rails against fake news since we've known him, but when he's called out on his own fake news he whines like a baby. Pretty much a nothingburger when it come to this clown.

Don’t you have homework or something?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They tagged an obvious joke as false information

and warned/banned me for writing dyke and faggot and some other stuff
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Problem Twitter and all these idiots have is that if they “fact-check” anything, then they implicitly endorse anything posted on their platform that they don’t “fact-check”. And the fact Twitter has been the ChiCom’s publicity path of choice for the last little while doesn’t help their cause.

They are either a completely free-speech forum or a publisher with the responsibilities/liabilities that come with it...you can’t be a little of one and a little of the other.

And they still need to break up a bunch of big tech including Facebook and Google.
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Shouldn't those arguing for small government not be for government regulation over private social media platforms?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Shouldn't those arguing for small government not be for government regulation over private social media platforms?

Exactly. Also why Trump is a democrat.
    edited May 2020

Twitter chose to become a Publisher instead. Try and keep up
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

You guys keep saying that. What the fuck does that mean? Honestly, what's the distinction?
    edited May 2020
    Editorial control vs passive posting

Twitter was warned of the risks of exerting editorial control over the postings of its users. It now has additional liability from the content posted they were formerly exempt from.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter

Having the chicoms control our pharmaceuticals is stupid. Having Facebook and Google control our social media is stupid and illegal under our antitrust laws. If they were equal on their application of denying access I wouldn't be so concerned. But they aren't. They supported the fake news about the Russian collusion and the fake news about the chicom crud as they kowtow to the chicoms. Break them up.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

doogie said:

You guys keep saying that. What the fuck does that mean? Honestly, what's the distinction?