Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No. We should just tucker our tails and run.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,828
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He just committed. Expect a woof soon.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Encino (Calif.) Crespi cornerback Chance Tucker may “only” be a three-star recruit on paper, but he’s a very coveted prospect by many schools across the country. The 6-1, 170-pounder from the class of 2021 is closing in on a decision, one coming in the very near future.

Irish Illustrated has the latest.

In talking with Tucker on Tuesday, there are five schools still in play down the stretch — Notre Dame, Washington, Washington State, Colorado and Oregon State. These are the heavy-hitters among his list of over 20 scholarship offers.

However, my feeling is that this is a Notre Dame-Washington battle. Here’s why.

Not sure this has been reported anywhere yet, but Tucker and his father actually visited Notre Dame on their own over July 4 weekend. It’s rare for visits to go under the radar, but that is exactly what took place. The overnight trip was their first to South Bend and it was one that Tucker enjoyed. In addition, Tucker and his father then visited Washington on July 7.

"The campus there is beautiful. It has a special feel to it,” said Tucker of Notre Dame.

"They're both very different places. Washington's also very beautiful, and the water aspect makes it stick out as well,” said Tucker of Washington.

With his decision quickly approaching, one he says that is coming “within a week or two,” he shared what the school he chooses will possess.

"For me, it's always been academics,” said Tucker. “Then secondly, I would say player development. Not only developing me as a player to help me reach my goals of being in the NFL, but also as a man as well, one that's going to be able to strive the rest of my life. Lastly, I'll just say being able to have a true college experience."

It’ll be interesting to see what Tucker does over the next week or so. Either way, one school will be getting a very talented prospect.

"I'm a 6-1, 170-pound lengthy corner. I'm hard-working. I'm very aggressive. I'm not going to shy away from tackling people. I know that's one thing that many corners lack, tackling liability. I'm always looking for big hits and interceptions and pass breakups. Lastly, I'll say I have a high football IQ."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    ITB

WDWHA

Damn this bi-polar
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    At least we still beat ND, right?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    These quotes sound exactly like our recruiting pitch. And Brian Kelly killed a staffer. So there’s that.
    Dong me with a Udub prediction.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I like this dude. Very KT-esque, but he might be more physical.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433

Encino (Calif.) Crespi cornerback Chance Tucker may “only” be a three-star recruit on paper, but he’s a very coveted prospect by many schools across the country. The 6-1, 170-pounder from the class of 2021 is closing in on a decision, one coming in the very near future.

Irish Illustrated has the latest.

In talking with Tucker on Tuesday, there are five schools still in play down the stretch — Notre Dame, Washington, Washington State, Colorado and Oregon State. These are the heavy-hitters among his list of over 20 scholarship offers.

However, my feeling is that this is a Notre Dame-Washington battle. Here’s why.

Not sure this has been reported anywhere yet, but Tucker and his father actually visited Notre Dame on their own over July 4 weekend. It’s rare for visits to go under the radar, but that is exactly what took place. The overnight trip was their first to South Bend and it was one that Tucker enjoyed. In addition, Tucker and his father then visited Washington on July 7.

"The campus there is beautiful. It has a special feel to it,” said Tucker of Notre Dame.

"They're both very different places. Washington's also very beautiful, and the water aspect makes it stick out as well,” said Tucker of Washington.

With his decision quickly approaching, one he says that is coming “within a week or two,” he shared what the school he chooses will possess.

"For me, it's always been academics,” said Tucker. “Then secondly, I would say player development. Not only developing me as a player to help me reach my goals of being in the NFL, but also as a man as well, one that's going to be able to strive the rest of my life. Lastly, I'll just say being able to have a true college experience."

It’ll be interesting to see what Tucker does over the next week or so. Either way, one school will be getting a very talented prospect.

"I'm a 6-1, 170-pound lengthy corner. I'm hard-working. I'm very aggressive. I'm not going to shy away from tackling people. I know that's one thing that many corners lack, tackling liability. I'm always looking for big hits and interceptions and pass breakups. Lastly, I'll say I have a high football IQ."

I'm glad the university administration decided the move the campus from downtown to Montlake in 1891 so that we could attract future football recruits
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Notre Dame- “I was at Notre Dame over the 4th of July weekend and really liked it there a lot. I went to Washington a few days later and it was cool to be able to compare the two schools to each other. Notre Dame was probably more rural but very pristine and a beautiful campus. We walked the whole campus and it’s an incredible place and you can kind of feel the tradition and aura of the University. It’s a dead period so we couldn’t meet with the coaches or see the facilities but we still talked with the coaches over the phone and they were telling us where to go and what to see. We got to see thee stadium and my dad, who was with me, he has been to a game before and he really enjoyed the visit as well. Everyone we met walking around treated us great and the visit couldn’t have gone any better honestly.”

“I love the coaching staff too. They’re great coaches and great people as well. A big part for me in my decision is development and I think they have a staff that does a great job developing players and that’s on and off the field. This is a decision that is based just as much on academics and life after football and Notre Dame is really tough to beat in those areas. Coach Mickens and coach Lea are my primary recruiters and I have a really good relationship with both guys. I like them a lot and can tell they care about their players as more then just athletes. At the beginning of this process, my plan was to use football to get the best education I can get and that’s why Notre Dame is such a great opportunity for me.”

Washington- "I really liked it at UW. Being able to visit a few days after the Notre Dame trip was cool to be able to compare the two schools to each other. I couldn’t meet with the coaches or see the football facilities since it’s a dead period but just like with Notre Dame, I was able to talk with them and they were telling me some spots to make sure I checked out on the campus and around the city. I like the campus a lot. It’s a beautiful place andI love the setting with the water right there leading up to the stadium. Everyone I met treated me great and I had a really good vibe there. It was different being there with what's going on with Covid, so there weren’t that many people around but I still got a good feel for the place and there are so many opportunities after football and that’s big for me.”

“We walked the entire campus and I saw the dorms, the Business School buildings, since that’s what I plan to major in and saw the outside of the stadium. I have a great relationship with the coaching staff and talk regularly with coach Harris, coach Brown and coach Lake. A big part of my decision is finding a staff that I trust and feel comfortable with and I definitely have that with those guys. They do a great job developing defensive backs and I know they can help me become the best player and the best man I can be. A big thing with UW is they want to develop you as a person too and even with coach Petersen gone, they still have the Built For Life Program and I really like what the school has to offer football wise and for life after football.”

While Tucker didn’t say he was down to Notre Dame and Washington, it’s not hard to deduct that. He doesn’t plan on visiting his other three schools before he makes his decision and it's obviously tough to envision him committing to a school he has never seen.

“The biggest thing will be gut feeling. I’m still trying to gather as much information as I can about both schools but I feel like I know a lot about each of them already. Football is big for me but ultimately, academics will play the biggest role. Like I said, I'm looking for opportunities when football is over and that's why it's such a tough call.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 916
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We don’t lose to ND in recruiting
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 916
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    On the field OTOH...
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

We don’t lose to ND in recruiting

*unless Bob Gregory is involved*
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Don't think the "on the field" aspect of the tour will be a major decision point ...

This feels like a UW win to me ... 7 inch dong
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Man, I don’t understand how recruits that care about academics don’t mention UW’s APR record score or the fact that UW is one of the best public universities in the nation. You have to think the coaches are selling that...right???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Don't think the "on the field" aspect of the tour will be a major decision point ...

This feels like a UW win to me ... 7 inch dong

I’m going to go with the personal matching dong length and prediction of 5 inches.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Biggins w/ the 8 incher for Notre Shame.