Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Benjamin Morrison, 2022 3* DB, Phoenix (Brophy College Prep), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doug said:

Love that we are going with the “well they haven’t signed yet….let’s talk in December” thing again. We are supposed to buy the “year of the flip” crap again? How did that work out last year.

We are crap salesman. That’s the deal right now. And we can’t hold Harris accountable despite him being a full time assistant with recruiting responsibilities because he is only now the “LEAD DBs coach?” Horseshit. Ask Alabama or Ohio state or Oklahoma or Our friends at Oregon if it’s okay if an assistant coach cant recruit but “it’s only year 5 in the program”. UO dumps them if they can’t pull. Mario works harder at recruiting than anyone else on his staff, but Jimmy’s above all that now

Wake me when our school takes this shit seriously. Otherwise we are looking at a bunch of 7-5, 8-4 seasons once the 19 and 20 classes move on

Yep.

Jimmy's going to do really well this season and people will rush to crown him.

This won't end well.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doug said:

Love that we are going with the “well they haven’t signed yet….let’s talk in December” thing again. We are supposed to buy the “year of the flip” crap again? How did that work out last year.

We are crap salesman. That’s the deal right now. And we can’t hold Harris accountable despite him being a full time assistant with recruiting responsibilities because he is only now the “LEAD DBs coach?” Horseshit. Ask Alabama or Ohio state or Oklahoma or Our friends at Oregon if it’s okay if an assistant coach cant recruit but “it’s only year 5 in the program”. UO dumps them if they can’t pull. Mario works harder at recruiting than anyone else on his staff, but Jimmy’s above all that now

Wake me when our school takes this shit seriously. Otherwise we are looking at a bunch of 7-5, 8-4 seasons once the 19 and 20 classes move on

Yep.

This won't end well.
    Jimmy doing better with Petersen recruits than Petersen did is a positive in my book
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Comical how bad our DB recruiting is

I'm hearing that it doesn't really matter because Jimmy is going to be active in the transfer portal.

Also, we have no way of knowing if Morrison was higher up on Harris's list than the guys he hasn't offered yet.
    Given how bad they are at HS recruiting, the portal is really a requirement to get good talent

Really interested at seeing how this plays out in 2-3 years
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Comical how bad our DB recruiting is

I'm hearing that it doesn't really matter because Jimmy is going to be active in the transfer portal.

Also, we have no way of knowing if Morrison was higher up on Harris's list than the guys he hasn't offered yet.
    Given how bad they are at HS recruiting, the portal is really a requirement to get good talent

Really interested at seeing how this plays out in 2-3 years
    The Jonathan Smith route. Nice.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475

It would be horrible to win this year knowing that we lost some recruit

The Rick Neuheisel route. Nice.
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It would be horrible to win this year knowing that we lost some recruit

The Rick Neuheisel route. Nice.
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/pCO5tKdP22RC8/giphy.gif?cid=5e214886sfr512jyg8qdc1azpzjue4xq7hd92l5d4049wexu&rid=giphy.gif

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.
    Jimmy doing better with Petersen recruits than Petersen did is a positive in my book
    He is? A 3-1 home record against dreck competition?

Or was this a hypothetical?
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Come on Jimmy! It’s not that difficult. Just look at the programs that are beating you for the best recruits and mimic it. Get some salesmen on staff. Your job is to coach the coaches once you get them.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

I can't believe I ever defended Harris. You guys were completely right about him. The guy can't recruit.

One golden rule of Husky football coaches, if @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi like the coach that means that coach sucks
    To be fair, they also called him out real early.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.

It was a response to the horror of Jimmy doing great this year

Petersen was 8 and 5 year 6

Great recruiting though. Allegedly.

The only shot UW has is doing great this year. They quit last year hence the 3 and 1 record

That stink has to be removed. I wouldn't sign here today.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I can't believe I ever defended Harris. You guys were completely right about him. The guy can't recruit.

He is a fucking joke
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.

The only shot UW has is doing great this year. They quit last year hence the 3 and 1 record

That's what I meant by hypothetical if that wasn't clear. It wasn't a sarcastic or loaded question I just worded it more for typing economy than clarity.

Jimmy may win with the very good roster he inherited (and helped build). I dont know if that will save him long term though. I think you still have to pull in prospects that the good programs want. The portal can only supplement, not replace, recruiting.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    Founders Club

He is a fucking joke
    Yeah, but he's a super charismatic, funny guy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.

That's what I meant by hypothetical if that wasn't clear. It wasn't a sarcastic or loaded question I just worded it more for typing economy than clarity.

Jimmy may win with the very good roster he inherited (and helped build). I dont know if that will save him long term though. I think you still have to pull in prospects that the good programs want. The portal can only supplement, not replace, recruiting.
    I agree he has to recruit. And use the portal. And win.

I just understand why we might lose guys to playoff teams last year while we were wishing good luck to the ducks

Political guys would call it reframing the narrative.

Win big. Beat Cristobal. Profit

We'll have to deal with the recruiting holes when we do
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

He is a fucking joke
    Yeah, but he's a super charismatic, funny guy.
    In the corner of the room watching his girl get pounded by a real man. Way to go Will!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

One golden rule of Husky football coaches, if @Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi like the coach that means that coach sucks
    To be fair, they also called him out real early.
    Fair??? Is this no longer HH? Am I lost