Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gov. Inslee denies Spokane County’s request to speed up opening process

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,263
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said he spoke to local restaurant owners on Wednesday night.

“And their message was very clear…we won’t survive another two weeks,” he explained.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yet bike stores are essential. To get us to and from nowhere since our jobs are frozen.

Anybody feel like the closures are political?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957

Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said he spoke to local restaurant owners on Wednesday night.

“And their message was very clear…we won’t survive another two weeks,” he explained.

Don’t fuck with the Oz, Jay. Just don’t do it.

You won’t like the rage and fury that will reign down upon you pummeling whatever soul you may have left.

• Options
    Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 450
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You won’t like the rage and fury that will reign down upon you pummeling whatever soul you may have left.

What are they going to do? Other than reopen businesses and send angry emails there’s nothing Spokane can do to Inslee
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    7.615 million people in my state, Washington
    18,660 confirmed cases, 993 deceased
    = 0.2% confirmed cases and 0.013% deceased

I'm gonna go get COVID, I'm feeling lucky.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Open up. Nothing to loose and nothing they can do really. Governors don't make laws. They could face having the bureaucrats pull their business or liquor license because they're pissed but if a lot of businesses do it they won't do jack. Open up!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Can't be too careful. I mean 30 people in Spokane county have died. How would you feel if that was your Granny? Somethings are more important than your stupid restaurant. So selfish

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,615
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

7.615 million people in my state, Washington
    18,660 confirmed cases, 993 deceased
    = 0.2% confirmed cases and 0.013% deceased

I'm gonna go get COVID, I'm feeling lucky.

Of those 993 how many were over 65? 987?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What exactly do you picture this rage and fury looking like?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yet bike stores are essential. To get us to and from nowhere since our jobs are frozen.

Political? Not really. But it sure feels like a huge lack of precision. We're well past the point of using a blunt instrument to tackle this thing. Some areas are safer than others. Let them open, and if things go to shit then you at least get some data out of the ordeal.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    Nice to eat in a restaurant today! I'm still alive! Amazing isn't it?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

Nice to eat in a restaurant today! I'm still alive! Amazing isn't it?

Two weeks though mumble mumble

Here in Big Sky Country, nobody is even talking about the DemPanic, er, pandemic. I didn’t realize how big of pussies we are on the Pacific Coast until recently.
  • Options

What are they going to do? Other than reopen businesses and send angry emails there’s nothing Spokane can do to Inslee

What exactly do you picture this rage and fury looking like?
    Google some Ozzie videos. The guy is extremely articulate, takes a common sense approach to problem solving and doesn’t tolerate bullshit from either end of the political. He will become a thorn in Inslee’s side and guaranteed his message will resonate.

Presumably he is looking to run for a different elected office at some point in the future. Inslee better hope it’s not governor because Ozzie would wipe the floor with him. Odds are he is angling for a run at Senate or Congress.

Think Trump’s will and giving no fucks but highly intelligent and direct with tact.
  • Options

Political? Not really. But it sure feels like a huge lack of precision. We're well past the point of using a blunt instrument to tackle this thing. Some areas are safer than others. Let them open, and if things go to shit then you at least get some data out of the ordeal.
    It's absolutely political in Washington.

Louisiana - the most historically political corrupt state in the country Is reopening after supposedly being COVID central from Mardi Gras.

It’s absolutely political in WA, OR and CA.

Unfortunately Trump is playing politics too by bleeding them out. He’ll swoop in with federal money and the DOJ and troops (if necessary because that scary WSP has been deployed)

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

To elaborate with a few examples. First, the well-documented fact that Inslee voters in KingCo are largely satisfied. Second, residential building was original prohibited in the first re-open. Then, after their trade group stepped in, they were allowed (how that word offends me) to resume a few days later. I don't think science changed much in two days. Thirdly, the legal logging of restaurant patrons was rescinded a day after the ACLU objected (finally you pricks). Keep in mind both those measures came after several weeks of what we were told was careful planning, and both were reversed after a unified voice with political clout objected.