Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For My Grocery Guysm™

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
I can't remember who that is, @theknowledge ? Anyhow, the question has been asked about impact on grocery workers. An answer:

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter

That's me. I know 130 workers at two stores and we have three confirmed cases and zero death. I keep asking the really scared people I work with why most of us haven't succumbed to this scourge and they have no answers. Either its not as communicable as we have been told or many of us have had it and not known. The last week of March/first week of April I was TIRED. My oldest was on spring break so I didn't have to get up at 7 and teach school before work, which was great because I couldn't scrape myself out of bed before 9:30. I remember thinking man, how was I getting up at 7 the last three weeks? After a pot of coffee, my mild headache would subside enough for me to slog off to the store. I was tired and my joints were stiff. I thought I was getting old. After a week it subsided and I was back to teaching three hours of school before going to work and stacking cans until 9 or 10pm. In hindsight I probably had the Vid and didn't know it. In my humble opinion all doctors, nurses, grocery workers and pharmacists should be given antibody tests. Set up tents around stores and hospitals and canvas the industries. Get a better feel for what long term exposure means and its effects on the exposed. If the numbers are positive they can just bury them or maybe report them and send us all back to work with the knowledge that this has been making the rounds for a long time and isn't that bad. Just my two cents, but I am a professional bagger of food sooooo, take it for what its worth.

Are any of the co-workers Kurds?

Most.vulnerable.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

That's me. I know 130 workers at two stores and we have three confirmed cases and zero death. I keep asking the really scared people I work with why most of us haven't succumbed to this scourge and they have no answers. Either its not as communicable as we have been told or many of us have had it and not known. The last week of March/first week of April I was TIRED. My oldest was on spring break so I didn't have to get up at 7 and teach school before work, which was great because I couldn't scrape myself out of bed before 9:30. I remember thinking man, how was I getting up at 7 the last three weeks? After a pot of coffee, my mild headache would subside enough for me to slog off to the store. I was tired and my joints were stiff. I thought I was getting old. After a week it subsided and I was back to teaching three hours of school before going to work and stacking cans until 9 or 10pm. In hindsight I probably had the Vid and didn't know it. In my humble opinion all doctors, nurses, grocery workers and pharmacists should be given antibody tests. Set up tents around stores and hospitals and canvas the industries. Get a better feel for what long term exposure means and its effects on the exposed. If the numbers are positive they can just bury them or maybe report them and send us all back to work with the knowledge that this has been making the rounds for a long time and isn't that bad. Just my two cents, but I am a professional bagger of food sooooo, take it for what its worth.

I was #TeamTesting too until the house arrest provision was announced
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club

My hope is for antibody testing to determine who maybe had the vid already. Not testing for who currently has the vid. I think getting some information on how wide spread the virus has already been is more important than tracking new cases. If it's as wide spread to the populace as I think it may be then it blows up models and projections. Thats my dream.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020

VoluntaryTeamTesting.

Fuck that mandatory shit. Ain't nobody putting fuzzy sticks down the Throbber's throat with god knows where that things has ventured.

Been there, done that. It was the 80's. Don't judge.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,331 Founders Club
    Grundle has Plateau Guys, Walla Walla Guys, Dan Carlin Guys AND Grocery Guys?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Wow. another survivor.

#welcomeCovidBrother
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,200 Swaye's Wigwam

My hope is for antibody testing to determine who maybe had the vid already. Not testing for who currently has the vid. I think getting some information on how wide spread the virus has already been is more important than tracking new cases. If it's as wide spread to the populace as I think it may be then it blows up models and projections. Thats my dream.
    That’s why it isn’t happeneing.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    3 words: Trumps Plastic Shields