Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington's Wikipedia page now claiming Huskies won national championship in 1990

Comments

• SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451

God I loved the early seasons of Scrubs
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

1960 and 84 are legit to claim imo.

Alabama has multiple national titles claimed much sketchier than those two years.

2000 has a stronger claim than 90.

Even I don't claim 90 but agree on 60 and 84 under the way other schools count including USC

2000 we should have had a shot. FSU and OU were not as good as UW and Miami. Doubt we win a rematch but would have liked to see it
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,111
    *Some doog edited the page to include 1990 NC.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    84 and 60 makes sense. I didn’t watch the 60 season but know the facts. I did watch the 84 season and remember it well.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Alabama has multiple national titles claimed much sketchier than those two years.

Even I don't claim 90 but agree on 60 and 84 under the way other schools count including USC

2000 we should have had a shot. FSU and OU were not as good as UW and Miami. Doubt we win a rematch but would have liked to see it
    Would have been a perfect year for a playoff.

How did @creepycoug feel beating Florida State midway through the season, winning out (including a win over #2 Mike Vick) and watching the Seminoles get the invite?

I just went down the rabbit hole of that year and timing was everything.

UW beat Oregon State when they were still considered Oregon State and not the top 5 team they actually were. Also the loss in Autzen dropped us like a ton of bricks instead of looking like a hard fought battle to a #7 rival on the road.

Florida State blasted top 5 Florida the last week of the season which I assume kept them in front of Miami in the computers.

Miami would kill that same Florida team in the bowl game.

Oklahoma benefited from a shit schedule and they boatraced high profile Texas.

Final rankings tell the tale.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

How did @creepycoug feel beating Florida State midway through the season, winning out (including a win over #2 Mike Vick) and watching the Seminoles get the invite?

UW beat Oregon State when they were still considered Oregon State and not the top 5 team they actually were. Also the loss in Autzen dropped us like a ton of bricks instead of looking like a hard fought battle to a #7 rival on the road.

Florida State blasted top 5 Florida the last week of the season which I assume kept them in front of Miami in the computers.

Fuck, I wasn't even sure that Oklahoma was better than Florida State. Weinke was stuck on Snoop Minnis like Herbert was stuck on Mitchell. When he was ruled out of the Orange Bowl, it exposed a bit of a weakness for Florida State's passing game. When he was in, he was dangerous and, like all great receivers, made things possible for the lesser players. Oklahoma's offense was fucking garbage; solid D but they couldn't score (as I recall anyway ... not looking anything up).

It's interesting the inter-play Washington and Miami have had. 2000 was a bit like 1990. In '90, both teams pinched off some steamers at mid-field in a couple of head-scratcher games, but at the end of the year, anybody with a clue knew who the two most dangerous teams in the country were.

I think either Washington or Miami beats either OU or FSU. Those weren't mediocre teams ... neither FSU nor OU gave up a lot of points and had good defenses, so I hesitate to say "boat race." the 2000 Miami and Washington teams weren't perfect and had a few shortcomings here and there. But, like I said, at the end of the season both teams just looked better to me than anyone else.

1990 was the fun year, though. Neither UW or UM had any passable claim to a title shot, given the two turds laid by each team. But by January both teams were playing pretty well, and it was a combination of that and no other dominant teams to take away the argument.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,573 Founders Club

UW lost to CU in 1990 and CU was one of the co champions

Beat the Buffs and lose to UCLA and the DAWGS are probably champions

My dad was in Boulder and had a great view of Mario Bailey's drop in the end zone
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Don’t lose to UCLA and UW had a claim ... shit claim
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club

My dad was in Boulder and had a great view of Mario Bailey's drop in the end zone
    Me too. #17 dropped one too
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Why I always say Curtis Gaspard dropped the natty.

Beat CU and UW would have been champs rather easily.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whlinder said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

One of the funniest parts of the 2000 season to me is enduring bitterness from VaTech fans at Oregon State being ranked ahead of them and going to the Fiesta Bowl.
    UW beat Oregon State so they deserve to be ranked ahead, but Oregon State wins on a neutral field. They were probably better.