Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Georgia shooting case will go to grand jury as disturbing video surfaces online

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Is it necessary to even convene a grand jury to file charges and make an arrest? I don’t know Georgia law but those two killers should already be in custody with no bail.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Is it necessary to even convene a grand jury to file charges and make an arrest? I don’t know Georgia law but those two killers should already be in custody with no bail.

It’s helps to have good ol’ boy connections, hence the recusal by the DA.

Doesn’t at all answer my question on why a grand jury must be convened for charges to be filed, Spaulding.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Doesn’t at all answer my question on why a grand jury must be convened for charges to be filed, Spaulding.
    Actually it does.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam

From what I've read about this case, you don't have to petition a grand jury to arrest the two suspects. There have been a couple of recusals in different counties due to the DA knowing the shooter.

I would like to see the video in it's entirety. I also believe there is a second video from a neighbor's security system.

Actually it does.

From what I've read about this case, you don't have to petition a grand jury to arrest the two suspects. There have been a couple of recusals in different counties due to the DA knowing the shooter.

I would like to see the video in it's entirety. I also believe there is a second video from a neighbor's security system.
    The only reason I could see for a grand jury is to gauge what degree of murder to be filed that most likely ends in a conviction, but couldn’t that be amended as the police further investigate? These two murderers being home safe and sound is so outrageous that it seems there is no way they won’t be in custody by the weekend. They shot a man dead in the street. On camera!