Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I won't wear a mask.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I bet the CoronaBros do.

"A sheepish, "follow the leader" inclination among many people is an immature manifestation of human social nature. An excessive desire to be cared for; to follow, to win approval by acquiescence rather than achievement - these make a person malleable and easy to control. Thank God the social aspect of human nature doesn't take that form in all.

For others, social nature takes the healthier and more resilient form of consenting, interdependent exchange among peers.

These are the people who refuse to be subjugated.

This mask thing makes the difference between the two more obvious:

Sheeple are wearing masks even outside, while engaged in solo activities or interacting with members of their own households.

Their need to appease authority is so strong that they refuse to process the thought, "what purpose does this serve?"

The answer, of course, is this:

Wearing masks in public offers visual support to the propaganda on which The Great Suppression is based:

"We are all in great danger. Follow directives without question!"

Must we win over "majority support" before throwing off this oppression? Of course not! We need only return to our lives; a "radical" act of civil disobedience at present.

There wasn't "majority support" for the seemingly suicidal effort by the colonists to throw off the tyranny of the Crown in the Founding era, either. But they did it.

Sheeple require the affirmation of being in the majority.

We're not sheeple."

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    edited May 2020
    I might wear one like a doo’ rag. Maybe sag my jeans.

Never ever going to put a state mandated uniform on.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    Bob_C said:

Was at a grocery store yesterday, I think the masks are restricting oxygen flow to people’s brains. Never seen such bad cart driving, people stopping and panicking and turning around all over the place.

Fuck 'em.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I was at Fred Meyer's at 1:00 in the afternoon yesterday. Store was busy, not not crowded. Some 70-year old Karen cornered a stocker who was refreshing the soup aisle and was complaining that too many people were in the store. Thought about telling her to phu*ck off and go shop in the morning when the store opens early for the over 55 crowd. But didn't. Next time I will. These people need to start being adult about this. If not, time to start treating them like children.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I was at Fred Meyer's at 1:00 in the afternoon yesterday. Store was busy, not not crowded. Some 70-year old Karen cornered a stocker who was refreshing the soup aisle and was complaining that too many people were in the store. Thought about telling her to phu*ck off and go shop in the morning when the store opens early for the over 55 crowd. But didn't. Next time I will. These people need to start being adult about this. If not, time to start treating them like children.

My younger daughter made me one and put it in my car and now it just dangles off the rearview mirror with the pine tree thing and the fuzzy dice.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • Options
    No bravery at all, just simple common sense.
  • Options
    dflea said:

The bravery shown in the this thread is simply amazing. You fellas are almost as badass as the boys that hit the beaches at Normandy.

"I went to Fred Meyer with no mask!" is really close to "the Germans had us pinned down with heavy machine gun fire!" on the bravery scale, for sure.

lol

Where does hiding under your covers in the basement rank?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    So, you want the lock down ended or are you still demanding that if you are scared and locked down everyone else should? You and the counselor in the same boat on this?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    dflea said:

The bravery shown in the this thread is simply amazing. You fellas are almost as badass as the boys that hit the beaches at Normandy.

"I went to Fred Meyer with no mask!" is really close to "the Germans had us pinned down with heavy machine gun fire!" on the bravery scale, for sure.

lol

Nobody is saying that at all. Go on being afraid, Karen. Maybe Inslee can wipe your boom-boom for you, too.
  • Options
    dflea said:

I've been going to work the whole time because I'm not a candy ass. At the same time, I'm not starting threads about bravely not wearing a mask, because who gives a fuck if you wore a mask to the store?

Go kill a bear with a knife or storm a machine gun nest, ya fucking women. Leaving your mask on the rearview isn't post worthy.

Thank you for sharing that story.

You’re such a badass. Are you a hairy bear? You seem like a very hairy bear. RAWR
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dflea said:

I've been going to work the whole time because I'm not a candy ass. At the same time, I'm not starting threads about bravely not wearing a mask, because who gives a fuck if you wore a mask to the store?

Go kill a bear with a knife or storm a machine gun nest, ya fucking women. Leaving your mask on the rearview isn't post worthy.

Thank you for sharing that story.

You’re such a badass. Are you a hairy bear? You seem like a very hairy bear. RAWR
    You are working too hard to evade his point.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I didn't start the thread. I just made an observation about a Karen. So, phuck off.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Was at a grocery store yesterday, I think the masks are restricting oxygen flow to people’s brains. Never seen such bad cart driving, people stopping and panicking and turning around all over the place.

Sorry but that is the way I drive down the aisles at the stores - you would be able to identify me easily - my mask is a pair of my wife's panties. Comes with eye holes
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    An analrapist would have a field day with all the insecurities manifested on this bored