Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chance Bogan, 2022 3* WR/TE, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (wdwha)

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

godawgst said:

This years class is going to make last years "suboptimal" class look like taking the 5 best recruits from Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson each year.

#doom

Not necessarily. Last year's class had Sam Huard, 3 4* kids (including Will Latu), a few solid 3* kids, and a ton of reaches (several kids who had been playing football for 1 year or coming off major injuries, and had no other P5 offers).

This class will likely already have 3 4* kids signed on Wednesday (Otten, Megwa, Bernard) plus Brailsford who is a 4* on rivals or ESPN.

DeBoner will probably have 10+ spots to fill after early signing day. It might be that we don't get as many top rated guys as we'd like, but I bet most have higher profiles than guys like Siosi Finau, Davon Banks, and Robert Wyrsch
    I don’t really care about losing out of Bogan’s services… I just don’t like DeBoer dropping an in state kid who’s been very loyal. Feels too cut throat for my liking
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hopefully Bogan does well in the MWC minor league and WE? can call him up when/is he is ready in a year or two.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like we may offer a different TE soon
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Hopefully Bogan does well in the MWC minor league and WE? can call him up when/is he is ready in a year or two.

Quentin Moore part 2
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just saw on the Oregon State site that Jack Velling hasn't been responding to the insider. That usually means a potential flip is in the works.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Huffman on Jack Velling (6’5 225 Ibs)
    “ He's a traditional tight end, a superb inline blocker who can seal off the edge one play, then jut out and make a catch, run up field, make defenders miss and break tackles, then come back the next play, and bury a defensive end to open up a hole for his running back. He's a natural pass catcher, soft hands that catch everything, he can pluck the ball out of the air, adjust to under and overthrown ball, set himself and stick his foot in the dirt and go. As a blocker, he uses great technique, keeps his feet chopping and can nullify his defender.”
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,490
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like trying to get the best players UW can get regardless of feelings but holy shit this feels like yet another thing that will poison the well with local recruits against UW at some point which seems to never end.
  • Options
    well if he can catch the ball he'll be a better tight end than culp.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I like trying to get the best players UW can get regardless of feelings but holy shit this feels like yet another thing that will poison the well with local recruits against UW at some point which seems to never end.

We dropped him for in-state kid but he's white. Can't wait for the racism bullshit again!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's been a long, long time since we've had to deal with the absolutely nauseating stench that is college football interested Cuoglet. Thanks Bob!!!
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    WSU has been pressing Velling hard for a week or two for their new air raid TE. Wonder if they softened him up to the idea of switching and UW is gonna seal the deal.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,024
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

godawgst said:

This years class is going to make last years "suboptimal" class look like taking the 5 best recruits from Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson each year.

#doom

Not necessarily. Last year's class had Sam Huard, 3 4* kids (including Will Latu), a few solid 3* kids, and a ton of reaches (several kids who had been playing football for 1 year or coming off major injuries, and had no other P5 offers).

This class will likely already have 3 4* kids signed on Wednesday (Otten, Megwa, Bernard) plus Brailsford who is a 4* on rivals or ESPN.

DeBoner will probably have 10+ spots to fill after early signing day. It might be that we don't get as many top rated guys as we'd like, but I bet most have higher profiles than guys like Siosi Finau, Davon Banks, and Robert Wyrsch
    I don’t really care about losing out of Bogan’s services… I just don’t like DeBoer dropping an in state kid who’s been very loyal. Feels too cut throat for my liking
    Sure, it could've been cut throat. Or Deboer could've had tact and explained to Bogan that with his incoming system and current roster that he doesn't see much of a role for him and encouraged him to look elsewhere, all while saving face and allowing him to decommit on his own terms. This shit isn't hard if you have a modicum of savviness.
    Chinned for use of "modicum"
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

It's been a long, long time since we've had to deal with the absolutely nauseating stench that is college football interested Cuoglet. Thanks Bob!!!

Meh Bob fucking sucked but he never wanted to be DC and that probably tells you how much he didn't want to be interim coach. Lake begged Bob to be DC like what the fuck? Who does that? Who begs someone to take a position that they don't want, that should show you their motivation level and how well they will do with the job right there. So yea fuck Jen/Jimmy... Malloe should have been interim, at least it seems like he could be a little bit of a motivator even if his coaching would have been shit. Tui won a bowl game using UW pride for God's sakes.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe we? did actually want him and just got big dicked by cuog. I don't think this is what happened. Don't twist.

He picked a pic of Coug scoring on the Huskies. He's salty
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sources said:

Maybe we? did actually want him and just got big dicked by cuog. I don't think this is what happened. Don't twist.

He picked a pic of Coug scoring on the Huskies. He's salty
    Possibly, but usually google images puts recent pictures up higher on search results. It’s not like he had to dig for that pic