Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just watched clips of the Biden interview....

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
All jokes aside, Joe is losing it. I do not see how his handlers and the machine think they can get him across the finish line. If you have ever seen early onset dementia you know what it looks like. It looks like Biden. So, what's the end game here? Limp him across the finish line, hope for a win, and deeply vet the VP candidate with the knowledge they will be taking over, or brokered convention and give it to Bernie (doubtful), or Hillary, or someone else?

The guy I watched this morning has lost about a dozen steps from where he was a year ago. It isn't pretty. Interesting to see what the machine decides to do here.

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He has the onset of senility but the party doesn't care about that. The party has done their polling. They believe biden is the best chance. If he wins, VP, Sec of State and Chief of Staff along with special interest insiders who are in tight with the big money players will dictate what biden does once in office. His platform will be determined by them. They know he is not right in the head. Everyone does. Biden won't be the first worthless figurehead that is for sure.

I just don't know how as a spouse or child you can sit and watch a very rocky twilight in your father go down without seriously talking him out of running and just hanging it up and spending time with family. Its like they are torturing him for their own personal gain.

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

All jokes aside, Joe is losing it. I do not see how his handlers and the machine think they can get him across the finish line. If you have ever seen early onset dementia you know what it looks like. It looks like Biden. So, what's the end game here? Limp him across the finish line, hope for a win, and deeply vet the VP candidate with the knowledge they will be taking over, or brokered convention and give it to Bernie (doubtful), or Hillary, or someone else?

The guy I watched this morning has lost about a dozen steps from where he was a year ago. It isn't pretty. Interesting to see what the machine decides to do here.

Joe to put it as generously as possible no longer has his fastball. If he can't handle a curated sitdown, the debate stage would be an asteroid field. I think if they need a swap they go with Buttigieg. Odds for the dems are long as is, but unearthing Hillary's political corpse is tantamount to waving the white flag.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    ramenduck said:

Swaye said:

Joe to put it as generously as possible no longer has his fastball. If he can't handle a curated sitdown, the debate stage would be an asteroid field. I think if they need a swap they go with Buttigieg. Odds for the dems are long as is, but unearthing Hillary's political corpse is tantamount to waving the white flag.
    Yeah, I am not bashing Joe at all here, and glad to see you didn't either. Guy is in clear age related decline (dementia, alzheimers, cognitive dissonance??? all of the above? Who knows?) and i am just wondering how the party handles it. I don;t know at this rate if they can prop him up on stage against Trump. Trump may be a bit of a retard, but he is a fierce debate counterpuncher and I do not think Joe has a prayer of keeping up and not looking totally overwhelmed. Dems are going to have to do something or pray for a miracle at this point. Biden is kind of a huckster, but 10 years ago he was also a master of the press the flesh retail politics type thing he needs in this, and those days are long gone by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

It's an advantage.

THIS Biden has no recollection of raping that women.

That guy who raped her is dead.

From a certain point of view
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It seems to be the Cavenaugh thing that is keeping this thing alive. The age of Trump you deny and ignore anything you don't like and move on

This is a funny tweet and illustrates the problem for Joe. Also a segment of the left is coming at him along with the usual right wing hate mongers

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,956
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    If Dems don't think they can win they ride the corpse of Biden to 47%...if they think they can win they are going to have a "health scare" for him right before their (conveniently delayed) convention and swap him out. Killary is positioning (its amazing how much her rebuilt face has been on TV recently...) but don't see how she can knock off enough people to get the nomination.

Their problem is they don't have a good fall-back...you don't run Bernie after this and all his followers will rebel...you run him and he gets 45% or less of the vote. The rest of their bench would have trouble running an ice cream stand, much less the Presidency. Mayor Pete? Pocahontas? Booker? Really? Cuomo just decided to start cleaning the petri dish subways nightly after, what, 2 months into the virus...no chance he's going to serve himself up for that kind of national scrutiny. He's more like his dad in 1984...everyone talked about him replacing Mondale but he had no interest in stepping into that.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,176

Lot of malarkey in this thread

@CornPopDawg , true?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Now listen here, Dog Face. I mined coal in Iraq and got shot by a sniper, and then I marched for Civil Rights just weeks later in DC. So don’t you whippersnappers tell me about Roe vs. Wade, because as you can see, I’ve lived it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xwq4k/biden-had-said-he-worked-the-coal-mines-was-shot-at-in-iraq-and-marched-in-the-civil-rights-movement-he-has-not-done-those-things
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,436
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now listen here, Dog Face. I mined coal in Iraq and got shot by a sniper, and then I marched for Civil Rights just weeks later in DC. So don’t you whippersnappers tell me about Roe vs. Wade, because as you can see, I’ve lived it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xwq4k/biden-had-said-he-worked-the-coal-mines-was-shot-at-in-iraq-and-marched-in-the-civil-rights-movement-he-has-not-done-those-things

Joe was a compulsive liar before senility. The lies are just a lot more obvious now with his inability to distinguish his real memories from the made up ones.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He has 1 thing that appeals to the emotional left. He's not trump. They could say they are running a candidate they will tell you about after the election and they would still vote for that candidate to be named later.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

Quid Pro Joe and the similarly befuddled Bob Mueller should be sipping whiskey on a porch swapping stories with each other.

“See Fat, back in the old timey days, the ferry to Bainbridge cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. And the kids at the beach used to play with my hairy legs in the water until Corn Pop would come around with his chain gang of rapscallions. Adorable little roaches!

So as obviously can you see, I did not have sex with that woman What’s Her Face.”

Lol for real.