Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He is survived by Gary Lockwood and Ichabod Cain. KJR AM was the station I listened to as a 5-7 year old for music until I discovered KISW.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    El_K said:

He is survived by Gary Lockwood and Ichabod Cain. KJR AM was the station I listened to as a 5-7 year old for music until I discovered KISW.

The young Throbber listened to Charlie Brown on KJRB-AM 790 with Sunshine Shelley on location in the Valley Volkswagen Good Time Thing.

She had a nice rack. A very, very nice rack.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

El_K said:

The young Throbber listened to Charlie Brown on KJRB-AM 790 with Sunshine Shelley on location in the Valley Volkswagen Good Time Thing.

She had a nice rack. A very, very nice rack.

I'd almost downvote you for the headshot and no boobage ... but I'm intrigued so I'm gonna Google her with tissue paper on hand ...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't Shelly get raped by Kevin Coe aka Son?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Correct.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Highly recommend Jack Olsen's book.
  • Options
    El_K said:

Lockjock. Good chit.

I miss Seattle radio dammit. Crow and West. Steve Slaton. The Late Kathy Faulkner. Robin and Maynard. Roy Fucking Otis. Baby Beau Roberts.

https://www.pugetsound.media/2019/08/25/seattle-aor-war-slaton-crow-50-years-of-solid-rockin/
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club
    The one radio guy I miss is the late, great Tom Snyder. He wasn't local, but still.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Read it. Lived it. Pretty scary times.

Ruth Coe - batshit crazy.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Baseman said:

El_K said:

Lockjock. Good chit.

I miss Seattle radio dammit. Crow and West. Steve Slaton. The Late Kathy Faulkner. Robin and Maynard. Roy Fucking Otis. Baby Beau Roberts.

https://www.pugetsound.media/2019/08/25/seattle-aor-war-slaton-crow-50-years-of-solid-rockin/
    http://www.robinandmaynard.net/

How did I not know there are podcast episodes available?!?

Robin had by FAR the sexiest radio voice ever. Totally smoker's voice but brb, jo quality. Like your best friend who was a girl but you know she did naughty things....

• Options

Baseman said:

Read it. Lived it. Pretty scary times.

Ruth Coe - batshit crazy.
    Coe raped my second cousin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

El_K said:

Lockjock. Good chit.

Seattle radio was great back in the day

Do these things remind of you of the good times?

Crow + Hovains.
    When BJ Shea was on The Buzz with Brad the Producer from Hell and Top Shelf
    Stump Slaton contest to win dinner at Twin Teepees
    Beau Roberts coming in after Slaton on KISW as the "youngest DJ in Seattle"
    Dr Ruth show on KZOK on Sunday nights
    When many KISW DJ's left to form KXRX
    The T-Man
    Dan Wilke making comments about Mike Jones dating Melissa Etheridge right when she came out with her first song, want to say 1988-ish
    The original DJs on KNDD (Brian Jones/Bill Something?/Norman B/Marko Collins)
    When Norman B used to host the Positive Vibrations on 90.5 KCMU, now 90.3 KEXP
    Jack Buck + Hank Stram doing Monday Night Football one hour ahead of air time of the televised MNF
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I won a free trip to Vegas from Dan Wilke's triva contest. Good times indeed.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Have a buddy that worked on air for the big stations in Seattle during the heydays of the 80’s and 90’s. Tons of great party stories with lots of big name bands and the requisite drive and debauchery. I’d always ask him about Robin and her titties etc. he said Maynard was a huge tool.
  • Options

Have a buddy that worked on air for the big stations in Seattle during the heydays of the 80’s and 90’s. Tons of great party stories with lots of big name bands and the requisite drive and debauchery. I’d always ask him about Robin and her titties etc. he said Maynard was a huge tool.

What was the black station out of Nathan Hale HS? Them was some good tunes.

And have done a deep internet dive on Robin's tittays. If pics exist, they are on the dark web.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And have done a deep internet dive on Robin's tittays. If pics exist, they are on the dark web.
    The station out of Nathan Hale was KNHC aka C89 aka The Wave. it was very new wave back in the 80's. now it is dance type music

The black station that sticks out for me was AM 1250 KFOX

Who remembers AM 1590 The Jet? playing alternative/college rock before 107.7 The End

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQMbMDOemU
  • Options

Baseman said:

El_K said:

Lockjock. Good chit.

http://www.robinandmaynard.net/

How did I not know there are podcast episodes available?!?

Robin had by FAR the sexiest radio voice ever. Totally smoker's voice but brb, jo quality. Like your best friend who was a girl but you know she did naughty things....

Awesome find, Throbber!
    El_K said:

Baseman said:

El_K said:

Lockjock. Good chit.

Seattle radio was great back in the day

Do these things remind of you of the good times?

Crow + Hovains. Crow and West (NT)
    When BJ Shea was on The Buzz with Brad the Producer from Hell and Top Shelf Who is BJ Shea?
    Stump Slaton contest to win dinner at Twin Teepees
    Beau Roberts coming in after Slaton on KISW as the "youngest DJ in Seattle" Baby Beau Roberts
    Dr Ruth show on KZOK on Sunday nights El oh El
    When many KISW DJ's left to form KXRX Sad
    The T-Man
    Dan Wilke making comments about Mike Jones dating Melissa Etheridge right when she came out with her first song, want to say 1988-ish Wilke! Forgot about him
    The original DJs on KNDD (Brian Jones/Bill Something?/Norman B/Marko Collins)
    When Norman B used to host the Positive Vibrations on 90.5 KCMU, now 90.3 KEXP
    Jack Buck + Hank Stram doing Monday Night Football one hour ahead of air time of the televised MNF Amazing. I pine for them
    I had Joe Walsh T'd up for a private show. Amazing terms. CSB
  • Options

More details. Unless it's Kent or Allen.
  • Options
    El_K said:

The station out of Nathan Hale was KNHC aka C89 aka The Wave. it was very new wave back in the 80's. now it is dance type music

Who remembers AM 1590 The Jet? playing alternative/college rock before 107.7 The End

Yes - it was the 80's. The Throbbers brain was generally in a state of disrepair.

KFOX was the one I was thinking about.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Yes - it was the 80's. The Throbbers brain was generally in a state of disrepair.

KFOX was the one I was thinking about.

KFOX would play some Isley Jasper Isley or Oran Juice Jones and other R+B hits then mix in some Egyptian Lover and Midnight Star That is what we wanted!