Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just who are all these COVID victims?

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,376

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before
    Good point. No one lives forever. Health care is an unnecessary and pointless luxury.
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

People get sick and die

Even with Democrat presidents
    Don’t play coy. Obviously the death of people with less than perfect health is no big deal. I’m agreeing with you.
    So tell me all the times we fucked the economy for the flu

People die. All the time
    We fucked the economy for the Spanish flu. Worse, it cost Seattle a Stanley Cup.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

Geezus counselor – this isn’t the Spanish Flu. Population of the US in 1918 was 103 million. Population today is 330 million. So, more than three times the population would equate roughly to the 2.2 million fake news dead Americans that we have now “saved”. Thanks Trump. And it didn’t just pick on old people with underlying medical conditions. I had two great uncles who died from the Spanish Flu after returning from World War I who were in their early 20s. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don’t have a point. Keep rooting for the away team.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic. While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.

Geezus counselor – this isn’t the Spanish Flu. Population of the US in 1918 was 103 million. Population today is 330 million. So, more than three times the population would equate roughly to the 2.2 million fake news dead Americans that we have now “saved”. Thanks Trump. And it didn’t just pick on old people with underlying medical conditions. I had two great uncles who died from the Spanish Flu after returning from World War I who were in their early 20s. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don’t have a point. Keep rooting for the away team.

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic. While the 1918 H1N1 virus has been synthesized and evaluated, the properties that made it so devastating are not well understood. With no vaccine to protect against influenza infection and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with influenza infections, control efforts worldwide were limited to non-pharmaceutical interventions such as isolation, quarantine, good personal hygiene, use of disinfectants, and limitations of public gatherings, which were applied unevenly.

You are right that to equal Spanish Flu percentages we would have to experience 1.8 to 2 million deaths. We’ve blown straight through your 20,000 figure and are over 60,000 today, even with our uneven response that you find much too restrictive. My 100,000 dead by year end looks incredibly optimistic at this point. Meanwhile you want to open things back up. Is anything short of Spanish Flu numbers a win in your mind?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited April 2020
    HHusky said:

You are right that to equal Spanish Flu percentages we would have to experience 1.8 to 2 million deaths. We’ve blown straight through your 20,000 figure and are over 60,000 today, even with our uneven response that you find much too restrictive. My 100,000 dead by year end looks incredibly optimistic at this point. Meanwhile you want to open things back up. Is anything short of Spanish Flu numbers a win in your mind?
    Fun fact, Because we know it's all about minimizing death for you right?? yeah right. Anyway, since the lockdowns of over a month ago 15-20,000 less Americans are dying each week than last year or any other in the last 10 years, So considering that, there are 25,000 more people alive in our country that wouldn't be under coronarule.

We need to open the country back up so that we can kill off those 25,000 and get us back to square.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Fun fact, Because we know it's all about minimizing death for you right?? yeah right. Anyway, since the lockdowns of over a month ago 15-20,000 less Americans are dying each week than last year or any other in the last 10 years, So considering that, there are 25,000 more people alive in our country that wouldn't be under coronarule.

We need to open the country back up so that we can kill off those 25,000 and get us back to square.
    Personally, I think it's progress that you've realized that the elderly are expendable.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before
    Good point. No one lives forever. Health care is an unnecessary and pointless luxury.

People get sick and die

Don’t play coy. Obviously the death of people with less than perfect health is no big deal. I’m agreeing with you.
    Is it hard holding back on sending out your billings?

Solidarity with the people, komrad.

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Personally, I think it's progress that you've realized that the elderly are expendable.
    Other than your experience in 1918 when have we shut down the country to save the elderly who died anyway?

Logic isn't your strong suit

As my young friends like to point out the elderly have always treated youth as expendable in wars and wars

I don't need your fucking protection
    HRYK

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Other than your experience in 1918 when have we shut down the country to save the elderly who died anyway?

As my young friends like to point out the elderly have always treated youth as expendable in wars and wars

You're in luck! I'm not interested in protecting you.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

He's not billing anybody. He's getting a Union paycheck every month,
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

You're in luck! I'm not interested in protecting you.
    You're just scared

Get a dog

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

No. Not hard at all.

Not hard running a receivables report either.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

Likely - that's the fag move. No skin in the game.

Litigators are the *real* attorneys. Work on that 1/3 or no pay plan.

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

Is this the latest story you and the other sewing circle hens have adopted?

Not turning away money any union wants to send me though. Don't twist.

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

A third? Your lawyer must be pour.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

I'm sure the consuelo is against abortion. Just non planned parenthood kills 300k Americans a year. He's all over them!

Couple of youngsters put Oregon over a 100 dead. If only we had only locked down the state for March and April.

PORTLAND, Ore.— COVID-19 has claimed two more lives in Oregon, raising the state’s death toll to 101, the Oregon Health Authority reported at 8 a.m. today.

Oregon’s 100th COVID-19 death is a 75-year-old man in Multnomah County, who tested positive on April 20th and died on April 22nd at his residence. He had underlying medical conditions.

Oregon’s 101st COVID-19 death is a 71-year-old female in Multnomah County, who tested positive on April 11th and died on April 20th at Adventist Hospital. She had underlying medical conditions.

edited April 2020
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    Nobody ever died before

People get sick and die

A third? Your lawyer must be pour.
    Winning suits against Wells Fargo, Chase and Citi for predatory lending worked out just fine for him.

My securities attorneys are anything but pour, too.

Couple of youngsters put Oregon over a 100 dead. If only we had only locked down the state for March and April.

PORTLAND, Ore.— COVID-19 has claimed two more lives in Oregon, raising the state’s death toll to 101, the Oregon Health Authority reported at 8 a.m. today.

Oregon’s 100th COVID-19 death is a 75-year-old man in Multnomah County, who tested positive on April 20th and died on April 22nd at his residence. He had underlying medical conditions.

Oregon’s 101st COVID-19 death is a 71-year-old female in Multnomah County, who tested positive on April 11th and died on April 20th at Adventist Hospital. She had underlying medical conditions.

Being 75 is an underlying condition. Still this notion that only the elderly are at risk of dying is changing. Unless, of course, anything above 50 is now elderly.
    So, counselor who said that only the elderly are at risk of dying? If you are scared, go quarantine yourself. But like paying taxes, you apparently won't do the moral thing unless forced to. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. I pity your clients.