Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus Relief Often Pays Workers More Than Work

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So yeah, the cook at Arby's gets a lot more money.

My bigger issue is printing more and more money and growing the debt even more.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

+$600 week Trump Vote Bonus

I was my remembering that Democrats demanded this to get that version of the stimulus passed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

doogie said:

I was my remembering that Democrats demanded this to get that version of the stimulus passed.
    My prop is giving Trump the credit for that 600 and blaming the governors for it being needed

Way off the plantation
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

My prop is giving Trump the credit for that 600 and blaming the governors for it being needed

Way off the plantation
    Interesting to see if it plays out that way with other props across this great land of ours.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

Way off the plantation
    Wwwwoowww. Just, wow.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    The amount of anger on this board about some working people getting a little bit of a break is quite telling

Y'all are directing your anger at the wrong place.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The amount of anger on this board about some working people getting a little bit of a break is quite telling

AOC School is Economics grad heard from.

1) No one is angered
    2) The unintended consequences are always the main concern
    3) Put emotion aside and pull your head out of your ass.

See my thread earlier today re: SBA loans to find were my anger lies
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020

I have found that workers can make a much bigger break for themselves rather than waiting for a little bit of a break.. Work hard, keep your head down and your nose clean and you'll go far. That job at McDonald's isn't a career so hold off on starting a family just yet
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020

No one is mad at the min wage custodian getting a break because his office building is closed, dummy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-guaranteed-minimum-income-coronavirus-response

Little bit of a break

It would be wrong to accuse the left of using this pandemic that wasn't for their own ends. Wrong
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Watching Nancy get dragged around by her tits on every idealistic whim that AOC and her followers dream up has been mildly amusing to watch.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm angry at everything. There's a big chunk of people, small business owner middle class, stuck in the middle. Closed down by force of law, and are getting jack shit for help. Nothing. And without a labor union or lobbying group to help them, the political class does not care. Specifically to Washington, the very rich & powerful, insulated. The professional and IT class that comprises the power of the powerful King County electorate, happy as far as I can tell from polling numbers. Public sector employees, completely untouched at least at the state level and teachers. If you know of furloughs for teachers or state employees, please share. I haven't seen them. Lower income workers, now being taken care of. The best Jay has had for those in the middle has been Ts-n-Ps.
  • Options

I'm angry at everything. There's a big chunk of people, small business owner middle class, stuck in the middle. Closed down by force of law, and are getting jack shit for help. Nothing. And without a labor union or lobbying group to help them, the political class does not care. Specifically to Washington, the very rich & powerful, insulated. The professional and IT class that comprises the power of the powerful King County electorate, happy as far as I can tell from polling numbers. Public sector employees, completely untouched at least at the state level and teachers. If you know of furloughs for teachers or state employees, please share. I haven't seen them. Lower income workers, now being taken care of. The best Jay has had for those in the middle has been Ts-n-Ps.
    Those people who own businesses don’t vote for Inslee so fuck them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Those people who own businesses don’t vote for Inslee so fuck them.
    Precisely.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lot of anger in the room today and a lot more posting. Looks like Derek is opening back up. I hope it isn't too soon
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BayDawg said:

I thought unemployment paid a percentage of what you earned at your job. How do you end up getting more? Honest question. I have no idea how unemployment works apparently.

It’s supposed to pay you 50% I believe, but it caps at ~$800 per week in WA. So someone making $45k would get like $450 UI per week pre covid. Now they get $450 plus $600, total of $1050/week. $45k annually equals $865/week. The discrepancy as a % gets even wilder the less your base was to start with.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

https://foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-guaranteed-minimum-income-coronavirus-response

Little bit of a break

It would be wrong to accuse the left of using this pandemic that wasn't for their own ends. Wrong

Lol at this bill. Biden will endorse it later this week.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Our anger is at pussies like you that can't man up, do some basic math and then get the phu*ck on with our lives. No way unemployment should be a desired alternative to actually working. I'm assuming you voted for your fascist governor. You want to be like Venezuela, then move there. I don't. I'd like a nice life for me and my family. If you want to cower in your parent's basement, I don't care. I just don't want to pay for it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

BayDawg said:

I thought unemployment paid a percentage of what you earned at your job. How do you end up getting more? Honest question. I have no idea how unemployment works apparently.

It’s supposed to pay you 50% I believe, but it caps at ~$800 per week in WA. So someone making $45k would get like $450 UI per week pre covid. Now they get $450 plus $600, total of $1050/week. $45k annually equals $865/week. The discrepancy as a % gets even wilder the less your base was to start with.

I know an Uber driver getting $1965/week