Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why There’s Reason to Worry About Colts Quarterback Jacob Eason

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,706 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Most disappointing plays of the Petersen era:

1.) Arizona 2014. Deonte Cooper, The Chart. There is no competition.
    2.) Oregon 2019. 3rd and 1 with the game slipping away and Eason playing well. Wildcat to 4th string running back for loss. Lose by 3.
    3.) Oregon 2018. The Chart learned its lesson. Why even try giving your struggling kicker an easier kick and risk a fumble? While running right down their throat with 3rd string running back, decide to burn clock and kick. Miss kick, lose by 3.
    4.) Boise 2015. Browning's first game. Fourth quarter of a six point game and with all the momentum, on the 15 yard line, two running plays to get you to 3rd and 4, then you have 6'5" Brayden Lenius (of the Saskatchewan Roughriders) split wide with a--no shit--5'9" corner over him. Try running some bullshit horizontal play that's covered, throw ball away. Lose by 3.

This is my Mt. Rushmore, as all of them were plays that you could argue decided a game.

Honorable mentions:
    1.) Oregon 2015. 4th and 1 from Oregon 39. Pooch punt. Set the shitty tone for a shitty game. Wasn't the decider, though.
    2.) Cal 2018. Browning playing like shit, but so is the rest of the team. Bench Browning for Haener. Haener throws game winner. It decided a game, but by that point the Huskies deserved to lose, so I didn't care.

Way down the list for me is the Bachannalia out of bounds catch, as players making boneheaded plays bothers me way less than millionaire coaches losing games for their players.

Cooper's fumble is number 2, it was bad and the meltdown afterwards paid heavy tribute, also the first glimpse that Petersen wasn't some infallible Messiah.

But the program was still hot garbage and sizzling with Sark. There were no expectations yet, as unbelievable as it was it felt appropriately Washington to fumble away a sure thing.

Cal is the home opener of WASHINGTON 2.0, scapegoat Browning gone, big dick Eason ready to rumble.

For me, the rage level on that one is different different.
    I think we were all so tired and some of us so drunk after that ordeal that it lost some of the rage factor that would have been there. I do agree, considering the expectations and how it was lost it takes the cake
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

2.) Oregon 2019. 3rd and 1 with the game slipping away and Eason playing well. Wildcat to 4th string running back for loss. Lose by 3.
    3.) Oregon 2018. The Chart learned its lesson. Why even try giving your struggling kicker an easier kick and risk a fumble? While running right down their throat with 3rd string running back, decide to burn clock and kick. Miss kick, lose by 3.
    4.) Boise 2015. Browning's first game. Fourth quarter of a six point game and with all the momentum, on the 15 yard line, two running plays to get you to 3rd and 4, then you have 6'5" Brayden Lenius (of the Saskatchewan Roughriders) split wide with a--no shit--5'9" corner over him. Try running some bullshit horizontal play that's covered, throw ball away. Lose by 3.

This is my Mt. Rushmore, as all of them were plays that you could argue decided a game.

Honorable mentions:
    1.) Oregon 2015. 4th and 1 from Oregon 39. Pooch punt. Set the shitty tone for a shitty game. Wasn't the decider, though.
    2.) Cal 2018. Browning playing like shit, but so is the rest of the team. Bench Browning for Haener. Haener throws game winner. It decided a game, but by that point the Huskies deserved to lose, so I didn't care.

Way down the list for me is the Bachannalia out of bounds catch, as players making boneheaded plays bothers me way less than millionaire coaches losing games for their players.

Cooper's fumble is number 2, it was bad and the meltdown afterwards paid heavy tribute, also the first glimpse that Petersen wasn't some infallible Messiah.

But the program was still hot garbage and sizzling with Sark. There were no expectations yet, as unbelievable as it was it felt appropriately Washington to fumble away a sure thing.

Cal is the home opener of WASHINGTON 2.0, scapegoat Browning gone, big dick Eason ready to rumble.

I remember hardly caring at all about Cooper’a fumble while most the bored was livid. It didn’t really matter.
    Coop's fumble was mostly a shit happens moment.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    Doogles said:

Honorable mentions:

Didn't this happen at like 7 in the morning too? That made it that much worse. Much rage. Further stoked by Luciano's false start on the goal line.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,174 Swaye's Wigwam
    Those are all up there. I would like to add in 2014 against Stanford. Fake punt with a direct snap to Shaq Thompson AFTER TAKING A TIMEOUT! He gets stuffed. Stanford drives down and wins the game or somehting like that
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Every single Lindy package run.

Screen pass before the half in the Bama game.

Wasn't there some awful trick play in the 2016 USC game that cost us points?
    Punting against Oregon on the 40

The tone was set for pussy ball
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

This made my honorable mention because it was in the first quarter and therefore didn't directly lead to a pretty comfortable loss, yet was so infuriating that it can't be ignored. You're right: set a pussy tone for the whole game. Paid $200 a seat to be there for that shit. Fourth quarter clock management also made me want to kill somebody. "Four minutes left, down by two scores, let's get into our four minute offense..."

This made my honorable mention because it was in the first quarter and therefore didn't directly lead to a pretty comfortable loss, yet was so infuriating that it can't be ignored. You're right: set a pussy tone for the whole game. Paid $200 a seat to be there for that shit. Fourth quarter clock management also made me want to kill somebody. "Four minutes left, down by two scores, let's get into our four minute offense..."
    I think looking back it set the tone for the Petersen era. That's why I #neverforget
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Remember when he lost to cal

who among us? hasnt lost to Cal
    I still don't understand

Share a Coke? In this economy?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Alexis said:

Doogles said:

I still don't understand

Share a Coke? In this economy?
    PM to BDTW

SHARE YOUR COKE
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Maddest I ever got over a UW loss was Stanford in 2013. I don’t know why exactly, but I lost my shit over that one.

Lindquist package was a close 2nd against Utah State. I was sick about it. Both times, I flipped out over pretty unimportant games.

The Ross reverse against USC was a big play, but it wasn’t a horrible play call. Ross wasn’t running full speed and was letting blocks get set up. The play would have been fine if he ran hard. Maybe not a TD, but a solid gain.
    I have a hard time arguing with the Ross reverse as well, as if it works, we're calling it brilliant. The context, though, was that this was the third play from scrimmage, and the first two were a 23 yard pass to Ross and a 9 yard pass to Gaskin. It was 2nd-and-1 in a promising drive, USC side of the field. The only thing you CANNOT do in that situation is lose yards. Anytime you run a slow-developing, go-backward-to-go-forward play like that, there's an element of risk, Why even take that risk when what you were doing was working?

Usually, a reverse is something you set up over the course of the game, giving the defense reads to key off of and then doing something completely different. On the third play of the game, 2nd-and-1, it was strange. Not enough for me to be super mad about it outside of the context of the result of the play, but enough to confidently say it was a bad call.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    dnc said:

The Wild Swede oh my... Why would you put a QB in the wildcat if you literally never throw out of it?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

I still don't understand

Most chinexcusable shit in a most chinexcusable season.
    Is this the winning TD catch vs Cal?