Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WDWHA...Ivan to SC

2»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Wait until Ivan gets his hands on them at usc, we're fucked
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    pencil-armed lineman really help take the emphasis off the oline, a critical component of Sark's scheme
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Cool!

The news gets better every day.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Meek said:

so is it realistic that Haden honestly thought "Sark and his entire staff are the best in the nation - we need them all."? The fact that Sark is simply recreating his 7 win brigade is quite baffling to me.

It's a little easier to strengthen and condition the physical specimens that go to USC than it is the little pip-squeaks that UW recruits. Ivan will do well. All those kids need is cardio.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2013
    What a great day for the dawgs!!! How cool is that man?!??!!!11
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159

USC players better get ready for some water aerobics and plyometric cardio with resistance bands.

I wonder if Kim will now change his tune and say that bench press and other power lifts are important now that Ivan is gone

Wait..Kim said Olympic lifts aren't important? Staff?
    Yes. A post was started questioning the strength program because only like 3 guys on our team could bench more than 350 and we had linemen who could only bench like 250. Kim, the holder of all football knowledge, claimed that bench press and squat numbers were "so 80s" and that that kind of strength was useless for football.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    Getting more people signed up with Advocare > bench, squat, and clean numbers

HTH
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Squats, cleans, and snatches tell you all you need to know. (Snatches..lol)
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    If you've seen the runt, the little guy couldn't bench 60#.

Line men that can't get over 250 are really weak.....no wonder they can't block.

USC players better get ready for some water aerobics and plyometric cardio with resistance bands.

I wonder if Kim will now change his tune and say that bench press and other power lifts are important now that Ivan is gone

Yes. A post was started questioning the strength program because only like 3 guys on our team could bench more than 350 and we had linemen who could only bench like 250. Kim, the holder of all football knowledge, claimed that bench press and squat numbers were "so 80s" and that that kind of strength was useless for football.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,689 Standard Supporter
    I can't speak much to his S&C work (at least better than Greener's) but have hung out with Ivan a few times in private and he's a very likable and funny guy.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    sounds perfect for Sark's staff. I want a strength coach who eats nails and shits out skinny jean wearing realtors.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,689 Standard Supporter
    Haha, you're probably right on that one (as I type this wearing my super skinny jeans and surf hotjobs for realtor positions).
    Meek said:

sounds perfect for Sark's staff. I want a strength coach who eats nails and shits out skinny jean wearing realtors.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Our Best oline in 2012 benched less than our cb, that's all u need to know
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Are you serious?

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    dhdawg said:

but a cb has short arms hence better leverage so it's easier for them to lift heavy weights than it is a lineman... allegedly.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Sark hiring the same exact staff is too much to handle. What in the fuck is wrong with that weird little man

Squats, cleans, and snatches tell you all you need to know. (Snatches..lol)

add deadlifts and YRYK

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If you've seen the runt, the little guy couldn't bench 60#.

Line men that can't get over 250 are really weak.....no wonder they can't block.

There is no way any of our lineman can't bench 250. Maybe a true freshman every 5-10 years, but 250 isn't shit for a 300 pound guy.