Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite One and Done

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Don’t care about NBA career or draft status. Who was your favorite at UW.

Favorite One and Done 23 votes

Spencer Hawes
4%
biak1 1 vote
Tony Wroten
8%
huskyhooliganmontlakemamba 2 votes
Dejuante Murray
13%
ThomasFremontRoadDawg55rustysavage 3 votes
Marquis Chriss
0%
Markelle Fultz
8%
El_Kjhfstyle24 2 votes
Jaden McDaniels
4%
PandaOrangeChiknDuck 1 vote
Isaiah Stewart
60%
DerekJohnsonHouhuskyUWhuskytskeetGladstonedncNeGgaPlEaSeDooglesRapeculturedawgMiley_CyrustheknowledgeNeighbor2972BleachedAnusDawgDeepDawgRDR 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Isaiah Stewart
    Doogles said:

Dejounte was a close second, though he didn't feel like a 1 and done because it wasn't really expected at the beginning of the year.

Isaiah Stewart is probably the most likeable player in UW history.

The dream of rare physical talent, work ethic and leadership combined. Love him.

the Ernie Banks of Husky basketball
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Isaiah Stewart
    Stewart
    Fultz
    Hawes
    Chriss
    Murray
    Wroten
    McDaniels

In that order.

Given what's happened since UW I'd move Murray up and Hawes down.
  • Options
    Dejuante Murray
    Hawes has the misfortune of playing with the worst collection of guards we’ve ever had in the last 15-20 years. Plus his knee was dinged up. Can’t hate him too much for that.

Wroten is very polarizing, even hated by some Husky fans. Which is crazy because he was the most successful of anyone on this list. Only one and done to win the conference. His game had some glaring holes, but he was elite at what he did well.

Murray and Chriss are the 2 that I least expected to leave early. Especially Chriss. Murray was a great all around player, and Chriss was a freak athlete learning to play basketball. Murray had a family to take care of (seriously fucked up home life). And since he’s a RBV kid, I’ll always love him.

Fultz is without a doubt the best player on this list. He could do everything at a high level right away. It’s too bad his team was so bad. It’s still weird that he came to UW to begin with. Romar was in serious decline at this point, somehow managing to get fired with multiple NBA players in his roster.

Stewart is great. Fun to watch. Talented and hard working. Hard not to vote for him. But his team totally collapsed. First to worst is unforgivable. He and Hawes will always feel like a waste, since they would have been huge additions to good teams if they’d been around 1 year sooner. This season angered me more than any other.

McDaniels is the obvious heel of this list. If I did a pile for least liked one and done I assume he’d sweep it (maybe a few votes for Wroten). Bad attitude, bad team, and failure to live up to the hype. Every time I watched him I got the feeling he was pissed because he didn’t go to a school that would buy him a car or drop a bag off at his house.

From best to worst:

Murray
    Fultz
    Wroten
    Hawes
    Stewart
    Chriss
    McDaniels
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dejuante Murray
    Doogles said:

Dejounte was a close second, though he didn't feel like a 1 and done because it wasn't really expected at the beginning of the year.

Isaiah Stewart is probably the most likeable player in UW history.

The dream of rare physical talent, work ethic and leadership combined. Love him.

I have it to Murray because he’s local, but Stewart was easily the best one and done we had. Fultz was good too, but those are very empty stats on an even worse team than this year’s team. At least the team this year won a couple games against decent opponents.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dejuante Murray
    I can’t pick Hawes. He was massively overrated. Not a bad player, but there were more problems than just the guards not being able to get him the ball. The Pac 10 was loaded back then and he really wasn’t even that good compared to the rest of the league. There were 4 or 5 bigs that were better than him.

I can’t like a soft 7 footer. I’ve met him in real life multiple times and he’s a good guy, just didn’t like his game.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wroten at least won a championship. Missed free throws to ice game against Oregon State but still, won. That NIT run was special.

Christ, I forgot they won the conference and went to the NIT.
    What a magical season that was!
  • Options
    Isaiah Stewart

Wroten at least won a championship. Missed free throws to ice game against Oregon State but still, won. That NIT run was special.

Fetters and some other hoops bored retard whose name I'm forgetting guaranteed they were in the tourney when they won the conference.

Then Fetters tried to walk it all back "well that was before they lost to OSU".

No shit?

The other megadoog (wasn't moosewhosails, want to say it started with an S) claimed the conference championship was a bigger deal and the tournament doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Isaiah Stewart
    dnc said:

Fetters and some other hoops bored retard whose name I'm forgetting guaranteed they were in the tourney when they won the conference.

No shit?

The other megadoog (wasn't moosewhosails, want to say it started with an S) claimed the conference championship was a bigger deal and the tournament doesn't matter.
    Spado

SpadoFS

How could I ever forget?
  • Options
    Dejuante Murray
    I still think it’s retarded to leave out a power 5 regular season champion. I don’t care what the advanced stats say.
  • Options
    Isaiah Stewart

I still think it’s retarded to leave out a power 5 regular season champion. I don’t care what the advanced stats say.

I agree they should have been in. That's a different argument though.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Isaiah Stewart
    dnc said:

I agree they should have been in. That's a different argument though.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tony Wroten
    dnc said:

No shit?

My biggest contention is I think the WCC got three teams that year, and the Big East got like 11, and my opinion was put that team in the Big East and they finish in the top half. Probably finish top two in the WCC. Terrence Ross, Tony Wroten, and CJ Wilcox and a bunch of others I can't really remember. Breunig had a nice dunk against Northwestern in garbage time.