Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TBS Crack

Vorel with another shot of TBS dopamine:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/welcome-inside-uw-footballs-creative-department-where-the-recruiting-and-learning-doesnt-stop/

“That’s another unique thing about Washington, too: Coach Lake is super involved with how we get things set up and what he wants to portray,” Miller said. “He asks for what he wants, and then it’s hands off and he leaves it to us. But I think our staff does a really good job of communicating and working together to get the product that we need.”

Primarily, those products are focused in the recruiting realm. Miller estimates that, during the season, he and LaHaye each produce between 50 and 100 graphics each week — to be distributed personally to recruits or on the program’s social media accounts. It can take between 20 minutes and two hours to complete each individual graphic.

“You have to craft and tinker it to what your target recruiting audience is like, and I think they’ve definitely stepped up their game. And you have to.”

Everybody has to … especially now. Miller — who didn’t know this job existed when he originally studied graphic design at the University of Tennessee — said that “even two, three years ago, I feel like the market was so much smaller than it is now. Creative teams are blowing up. Programs are hiring up to 10 people. It’s kind of become the name of the game in recruiting. Who’s got the best creative products out there to inspire and motivate players to go to these places?”

Comments