Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

22M jobless now.

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
22 million on unemployment. This doesn't take into account the 10s of millions more who are working with reduced hours or wages, or both. From 3 to 13% unemployment, with millions and millions more now underemployed and not reflected. 2 trillion dollar bailout to be paid for one day, and more to come on top of that. Thousands of small businesses shuttered forever. Personal liberties casually thrown away all over the country.

Was it worth it? Well if it saves just one life....fuck Grandma. Open this up before we are in the middle of the next Great Depression for a decade. Jesus Fucking Christ almighty we have fucked ourselves good this tim. Imagine subjecting yourself to bread lines and record unemployment to combat the flu. Imagine that. We, as a society, are the worst kind of pussies.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

22 million on unemployment. This doesn't take into account the 10s of millions more who are working with reduced hours or wages, or both. From 3 to 13% unemployment, with millions and millions more now underemployed and not reflected. 2 trillion dollar bailout to be paid for one day, and more to come on top of that. Thousands of small businesses shuttered forever. Personal liberties casually thrown away all over the country.

Was it worth it? Well if it saves just one life....fuck Grandma. Open this up before we are in the middle of the next Great Depression for a decade. Jesus Fucking Christ almighty we have fucked ourselves good this tim. Imagine subjecting yourself to bread lines and record unemployment to combat the flu. Imagine that. We, as a society, are the worst kind of pussies.

Needs to open back up 5/4 everywhere except the most infected areas (ie NYC, NOLA).

PPP funds are depleted - shit gets real when Joe Average misses a couple paychecks in a row.

That said, I do think there are going to be some 'good' things coming out of this debacle. I hope to FUCK the sheeple wake up and quit voting in the same fuckwads that are playing political games right now. Both sides. Anybody who voted for museums and NPR in the stimulus package bill should be on the GTFO list.

The Throbber does think there is going to be a re-analysis of how work is done. There's going to be a lot more automation and AI implementations in the next year or two. Businesses are going to invest in processes that are not people dependent - the great prognosticator Yang predicted that. It's just going to come stronger and faster than the timeframe he laid out.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Needs to open back up 5/4 everywhere except the most infected areas (ie NYC, NOLA).

PPP funds are depleted - shit gets real when Joe Average misses a couple paychecks in a row.

That said, I do think there are going to be some 'good' things coming out of this debacle. I hope to FUCK the sheeple wake up and quit voting in the same fuckwads that are playing political games right now. Both sides. Anybody who voted for museums and NPR in the stimulus package bill should be on the GTFO list.

The Throbber does think there is going to be a re-analysis of how work is done. There's going to be a lot more automation and AI implementations in the next year or two. Businesses are going to invest in processes that are not people dependent - the great prognosticator Yang predicted that. It's just going to come stronger and faster than the timeframe he laid out.

If they train robots to spray for bugs I am going to be so fucking pissed. First they came for the McDonalds cashier, and I said nothing....
    Cloned @swaye Bug Hunter is Phase II.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    What Obama would have advised.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://foxnews.com/politics/rallies-to-reopen-economy-spread-across-country-as-officials-urge-caution-to-prevent-coronavirus-resurgence

MAGATARDS!!!!!!

The economic news is downplayed while the fear is still being overplayed. The time to focus on the economy is October..........
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Chicks are gonna be horny as fuck
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

https://foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-warns-trump-not-to-pass-the-buck-without-passing-the-bucks-for-reopening-of-economy-amid-coronavirus

Now its passing the buck. Couple days ago it was none of Trump's business. Fuck off Cuomo. Here's my offer

During a press conference on Friday, Cuomo discussed the president’s set of guidelines titled "Opening up America Again,” which passes the decision on when to move to each phase to governors and local officials.

"The federal government has passed three bills to address this crisis. Of those three bills, the state governments have gotten precisely zero, zilch, nada in unrestricted aid," Cuomo said Friday. ”That is passing the buck without passing the bucks.”

“Don’t ask the states to do this without the funding,” Cuomo said Friday, adding that putting the onus on the states without the funding necessary to have a successful reopening is “the opposite of the buck stops here.”

He added: “Don’t pass the buck without passing the bucks.”

Cuomo noted that more federal funding is needed for hospitals as his state grapples with its status as the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

The president fired back on Twitter minutes later, slamming the governor for "complaining."

"Governor Cuomo should spend more time 'doing' and less time 'complaining'. Get out there and get the job done. Stop talking!" Trump tweeted Friday touting his administration's efforts in New York.

Give me money and no, I don't recognize Federal authority when dealing will illegal immigration.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

https://foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-warns-trump-not-to-pass-the-buck-without-passing-the-bucks-for-reopening-of-economy-amid-coronavirus

Now its passing the buck. Couple days ago it was none of Trump's business. Fuck off Cuomo. Here's my offer

During a press conference on Friday, Cuomo discussed the president’s set of guidelines titled "Opening up America Again,” which passes the decision on when to move to each phase to governors and local officials.

"The federal government has passed three bills to address this crisis. Of those three bills, the state governments have gotten precisely zero, zilch, nada in unrestricted aid," Cuomo said Friday. ”That is passing the buck without passing the bucks.”

“Don’t ask the states to do this without the funding,” Cuomo said Friday, adding that putting the onus on the states without the funding necessary to have a successful reopening is “the opposite of the buck stops here.”

He added: “Don’t pass the buck without passing the bucks.”

Cuomo noted that more federal funding is needed for hospitals as his state grapples with its status as the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

The president fired back on Twitter minutes later, slamming the governor for "complaining."

"Governor Cuomo should spend more time 'doing' and less time 'complaining'. Get out there and get the job done. Stop talking!" Trump tweeted Friday touting his administration's efforts in New York.

You'd think being in the heart of the financial center of the world in NYC (and, yes, Albany is upstate), Cuomo would have at least a slight understanding that they folks who supply the money get to set the terms.

The Throbber has done a ton of deals over the years. In not a single one has the capital provider said "Hey, how much do you want? And while you're at it, go ahead and spend it for whatever you would like".

There are ALWAYS conditions for use of proceeds. ALWAYS.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

A lot of words just to say I was right.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I told you motherfucks to vote for Yang.

This just accelerated the robot/AI job replacement time table significantly.

Then who you gonna cry to???
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020

I'm listening to this audiobook right now. It's interesting how many times that same... narrative has repeated in history.

• Options

I was a big Yang pimp relative to AI and robotics.

So don't motherfuck me.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I was a big Yang pimp relative to AI and robotics.

So don't motherfuck me.

You’re cool. I meant those other MFers.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

who?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

How specifically was Yang going to slow it down anyway? Blow money to train people on edge modeling who don't even understand the web?

I'm too lazy to Google it.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump should get him on staff.